Prediction Changes vs Collingwood 1st Elim Final @ Optus SATURDAY 3rd OCT 6.10PM WST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ben Cousins hardly touched the ball in the second half of the 2006 grand final and dropped a simple chest mark to top it off. Funny, how no one ever mentions that.
Yeah - makes a big difference when you win. To be honest I didn't notice Jetta's low second half output in the 2018 GF or even knew he was injured until this thread.

As for our boy Benny - Clearly his buzz had waned after two quarters and he was uable to get a fix at half time :drunk:

Ben Cousins hardly touched the ball in the second half of the 2006 grand final and dropped a simple chest mark to top it off. Funny, how no one ever mentions that.
He also was the instigator of that almost horrible last play in that game where instead of taking ground towards our forward line when he was charging forward towards half forward he decided to go handball backwards to Kerr and then the inward kick to the centre occurred.

Would prefer Jetta in defense by the length of the Flemington :horseracing:

However his stint up foward was still better than what we've seen from Cameron, Petrucelle, Ainsworth, O'Neil, Reid, Brayshaw, Brander or Williams forward this year.

Jetta 2020 forward - 13.5 disposals, 2.5 marks, 3 tackles, 2.5 inside 50's, 307 metres gained & 3 score involvements a game

Which isn't bad at all considering he's been settled in our tight backline since 2017 and it isn't his role.

Petch in 2020 - 7.8 disposals, 1.8 marks, 1.4 tackles, 1.6 inside 50's, 1.6 score involvements and 143 metres gained.

Cameron in 2020 - 4.8 disposals, 1 mark, 2.2 tackles, 1.2 inside 50's, 1.3 score involvements and 103 metres gained

Reid in 2020 - 7 disposals, 0.3 marks, 2.7 tackles, 2.3 inside 50's, 1. score involvements and 94 metres gained.

These guys are all younger, natural forwards, and should be eclipsing the output of a 31 year old defender.

I'll add in Jetta's huge finals experience as an offset to his dinkey calves as well. He's got 2 flags and played in some BIG finals over the years.

Brander, Williams, Ainsworth, Brayshaw and O'Neil probably shouldn't be in the discussion at all.

However his stint up foward was still better than what we've seen from Cameron, Petrucelle, Ainsworth, O'Neil, Reid, Brayshaw, Brander or Williams forward this year.

Jetta 2020 forward - 13.5 disposals, 2.5 marks, 3 tackles, 2.5 inside 50's, 307 metres gained & 3 score involvements a game

Which isn't bad at all considering he's been settled in our tight backline since 2017 and it isn't his role.

Petch in 2020 - 7.8 disposals, 1.8 marks, 1.4 tackles, 1.6 inside 50's, 1.6 score involvements and 143 metres gained.

Cameron in 2020 - 4.8 disposals, 1 mark, 2.2 tackles, 1.2 inside 50's, 1.3 score involvements and 103 metres gained

Reid in 2020 - 7 disposals, 0.3 marks, 2.7 tackles, 2.3 inside 50's, 1. score involvements and 94 metres gained.

These guys are all younger, natural forwards, and should be eclipsing the output of a 31 year old defender.

I'll add in Jetta's huge finals experience as an offset to his dinkey calves as well. He's got 2 flags and played in some BIG finals over the years.

Brander, Williams, Ainsworth, Brayshaw and O'Neil probably shouldn't be in the discussion at all.

Great post.

I don’t think anyone has Brayshaw in the discussion.

First three changes I think are automatic: Shuey Redden and Cripps replace Petruccelle Williams and Foley (with either Cole or Duggan dropping back into defence to replace Foley).

It’s the fourth change that’s the problem. Jetta, Ainsworth and Hutchings are essentially competing for one spot. I’m going to rule out Hutchings because his body just isn’t standing up this year, and from his form in the handful of games he did manage he’s not an automatic inclusion.

All things being equal I’d put Jetta ahead of Ainsworth. The factors that would be in Ainsworth’s favour are:
(a) we want him to do a lockdown job on a running Collingwood defender - I can’t see anyone who’d be a target for that
(b) we’re worried about Jetta’s calves standing up for the game
(c) we’re worried about carrying too many underdone players into a final

Another possible approach would be to give that final spot to Williams, allowing him to help NicNat take on Grundy and allowing our forward line to stretch Collingwood’s defence for height. But that’s a real land of the giants lineup with Allen, Kennedy, Darling and Waterman also there, even if it’s a dry day I think that’s way too tall.

(If Gov gets up then one of Schoey or Rotham misses out, probably should be Schoey but he played well in his two games, his experience will be valuable and Barrass seems to always play better when he’s alongside him)

Yeah - makes a big difference when you win. To be honest I didn't notice Jetta's low second half output in the 2018 GF or even knew he was injured until this thread.

As for our boy Benny - Clearly his buzz had waned after two quarters and he was uable to get a fix at half time :drunk:
Pretty sure he and Masten also had some amazing smothers in 2nd/4th quarters that save goals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of the biggest risks with going the taller side is , if we lose a player early , as we have been lately. The run and midfield pressure drys up . Most teams are less affected by this circumstance. Because they are smaller and have more abundant runners. I don't think we can go all of Schofield , Gov , Barrass , Allen , Kennedy , Waterman , NN and Darling. Unfortunately Schoey would be the most likely to get cut

I don’t think anyone has Brayshaw in the discussion.

First three changes I think are automatic: Shuey Redden and Cripps replace Petruccelle Williams and Foley (with either Cole or Duggan dropping back into defence to replace Foley).

It’s the fourth change that’s the problem. Jetta, Ainsworth and Hutchings are essentially competing for one spot. I’m going to rule out Hutchings because his body just isn’t standing up this year, and from his form in the handful of games he did manage he’s not an automatic inclusion.

All things being equal I’d put Jetta ahead of Ainsworth. The factors that would be in Ainsworth’s favour are:
(a) we want him to do a lockdown job on a running Collingwood defender - I can’t see anyone who’d be a target for that
(b) we’re worried about Jetta’s calves standing up for the game
(c) we’re worried about carrying too many underdone players into a final

Another possible approach would be to give that final spot to Williams, allowing him to help NicNat take on Grundy and allowing our forward line to stretch Collingwood’s defence for height. But that’s a real land of the giants lineup with Allen, Kennedy, Darling and Waterman also there, even if it’s a dry day I think that’s way too tall.

(If Gov gets up then one of Schoey or Rotham misses out, probably should be Schoey but he played well in his two games, his experience will be valuable and Barrass seems to always play better when he’s alongside him)

Like a greedy kid, I want Ainsworth, Williams, and Jetta in. Which is impossible.

- Jetta’s hand passes are still so slick. Plus his experience will be valuable. I think we should show faith in him.

- Ainsworth can go to Treloar, Daicos, or Sier. Or Stephenson (if he plays).

- Williams to help Nic, so Allen plays permanent forward. Because if they put the clamps on Darling and Kennedy (which they will), we’re f’d. At least both Allen and Waterman should play permanent forward, so they can’t clamp all of them.

- Schoey to De Goey. So Rotham out, unfortunately.

Foley out. Although he had one or two nice kicks in the second half. I think he’ll be ok. Currently the only obvious out. Oh, also Petch out.

Can’t wait to see the lineup! Also good that we’re the last game, so will have seen other results.

...- Ainsworth can go to Treloar, Daicos, or Sier. Or Stephenson (if he plays).

Ainsworth would get murdered in that role. He has been successful against a midget and Zac Jones, who has probably been tagged a grand total of twice in his whole career.

Ainsworth on Treloar? That's nightmare material.

Nobody needs to go to Treloar.

The bloke absolutely butchers the ball. Let our mids go head to head with him.

If there ever was a tag target it would be 300+ gamer and silk ball user Pendlebury. Another player who would laugh at Ainsworth on his way to 40 disposals.

Redden nullify's Pendlebury. Shuey, Kelly, Sheed and Gaff go head to head with the rest of Collingwoods on ballers.

I agree I would pick Jetta, he can use his vision and skill to break a game open

Nobody needs to go to Treloar.

The bloke absolutely butchers the ball. Let our mids go head to head with him.

If there ever was a tag target it would be 300+ gamer and silk ball user Pendlebury. Another player who would laugh at Ainsworth on his way to 40 disposals.

Redden nullify's Pendlebury. Shuey, Kelly, Sheed and Gaff go head to head with the rest of Collingwoods on ballers.
Adams would be another target. He is a very good player, reminds me a lot of shuey.

We don't need a tagger for collingwood. They're in shambles at the moment and facing a nightmare trip to Perth.

In: Shueper man, Gov'ner, Reddog, Crippa
Out: Brownlow ainsoworth, Butchercelle, Foldey, Will.i.ams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back