Alex Wright (Norwood)

Jack Tuthill

North Launceston

Ins:

Outs:

Michael Stingel (Norwood)
Tom Bennett
Corey Nankervis

* will only add confirmed as there are obviously heaps of rumours out there.

* post here and I’ll add on

Last edited:
May 29, 2016
Tasmania
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Tasmania Devils
More to do with the fact that, if you choose club over school, you are no longer welcome at that school. At least when it comes to GYC. I know a club that lost a flag over that in the early 00's
That's not true, these blokes volunteered to play school footy. the GYC football team consists of people who've known each other for approximately 5 years or more.

Ozguy

Club Legend
Jul 6, 2005
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Some Team on the Decline
That's not true, these blokes volunteered to play school footy. the GYC football team consists of people who've known each other for approximately 5 years or more.

Still doesn't distract from the fact that the BS school rule has played a big part over the years.

Halftimehero

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 26, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon

Would you still like to discuss?

I’ll start the discussion for you if ya like

North Hobart are last on the ladder, have won just two games and are now getting beaten by large margins.

Hardy, Palmer, M Fisher and J Fisher are dropped out of the team and Cunliffe is in and out with injuries.

I reckon I nailed this call.....

jj15

All Australian
Jan 10, 2008
Tasmania
AFL Club
Geelong
Would you still like to discuss?

I’ll start the discussion for you if ya like

North Hobart are last on the ladder, have won just two games and are now getting beaten by large margins.

Hardy, Palmer, M Fisher and J Fisher are dropped out of the team and Cunliffe is in and out with injuries.

I reckon I nailed this call.....
Playing Dobosz and Sandric that are just going to go back to Melbourne also seems short sighted. Have an ex AFL player coaching their 16s, wonder why he’s not involved anymore.

Halftimehero

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 26, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Playing Dobosz and Sandric that are just going to go back to Melbourne also seems short sighted. Have an ex AFL player coaching their 16s, wonder why he’s not involved anymore.

Baxter Norton is potentially in the same boat also.

It appears Sam Darley is headed back to the VFL next season as well so unlikely he will be back to play.

If they lose a couple of their better kids to the draft then they will find themselves in a world of pain next season I would imagine.

jj15

All Australian
Jan 10, 2008
Tasmania
AFL Club
Geelong

It appears Sam Darley is headed back to the VFL next season as well so unlikely he will be back to play.

If they lose a couple of their better kids to the draft then they will find themselves in a world of pain next season I would imagine.
[/QUOTE
Devils goes to under 19s so both NH and Clarence will lose a lot of their better players next year even if not drafted.
North Hobart need a leader like Webberley, Thorp or Whitford who can play on ground but also has experience at AFL Level or done their level 3. Then if they get a coach like the board of NH needs to give them the keys.

Cool Carl

Debutant
Aug 20, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda

just out of interest are your 6 or 8 VFL Recruits sticking around for season 2021?

Halftimehero

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 26, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
just out of interest are your 6 or 8 VFL Recruits sticking around for season 2021?

That would be 3 VFL recruits... and I have no idea to be honest.

Big difference when you are contending to play those players than if you are dwindling on the bottom of the ladder!

Halftimehero

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 26, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
I wonder if they are considering playing the TSL, DL and TSLW grand finals all on different days to maximise the attendance?

You could have DL Friday night, TSL Saturday and TSLW on Sunday, that way you wouldn’t have family/friends of players who are only their to watch one of the earlier games taking a ticket away from someone wanting to watch one of the others.

It appears certain that the two Northern teams will play in the DL grand final so can be easily done I would have thought.

Mar 17, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
Ha! wrote & forgot to post. Too much on the plate at the moment I'm afraid,

I'd think Clarence should beat KT if they are to be any sort of finals threat. 20pts
NL to beat anyone at home. Should be a good game, especially after L'dale last week & NL struggling at Richmond. 15pts
Launy should chalk up another 90 odd point margin.

Yes NHFC will need a major review as soon as the season ends. Really should have done better.

bandit64

Draftee
Sep 20, 2020
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yes NHFC will need a major review as soon as the season ends. Really should have done better.
[/QUOTE]

Interested to Know why you believe this 2020 North Hobart team should have done better ? Looking at the current list on paper, one would not predict it to do any well.
Don’t be too harsh and unrealistic

jj15

All Australian
Jan 10, 2008
Tasmania
AFL Club
Geelong

Interested to Know why you believe this 2020 North Hobart team should have done better ? Looking at the current list on paper, one would not predict it to do any well.
[/QUOTE]
I’d say because the of amount of Devils they got back. Coupled with their VFL recruits and mature age recruits like Dobosz, Cunliffe, Fishers, Hardy.

Halftimehero

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 26, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon

[/QUOTE]

They must have added a dozen or more players to their list and none of them are kids, if by doing this and not expecting a huge improvement why would you do it?

Thats not even taking into account the full time availability of their Devils players.

Wouldn’t have thought it be unrealistic for anyone to expect them to be performing much better than they are.

Halftimehero

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 26, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
With one finals match locked in Launceston V Lauderdale, are the Tigers any chance of stealing 4th? I give them a sneaky chance of beating North Launceston this week, if they do and Clarence lose to Launceston it’ll make an interesting last round.

Mar 17, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
With one finals match locked in Launceston V Lauderdale, are the Tigers any chance of stealing 4th? I give them a sneaky chance of beating North Launceston this week, if they do and Clarence lose to Launceston it’ll make an interesting last round.

I'd expect NL to chew KT up & spit out the bones. They'll be warming up & focussed on finals after looking a bit flat the last few weeks. KT playing at their best just got past a very undermanned Glenorchy & then a last gasp win over Clarence.

NH v Glen for the wooden spoon might be interesting. I'd be wary if Glenorchy bring any players back, NH should just win at home.

Halftimehero

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 26, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
I'd expect NL to chew KT up & spit out the bones. They'll be warming up & focussed on finals after looking a bit flat the last few weeks. KT playing at their best just got past a very undermanned Glenorchy & then a last gasp win over Clarence.

NH v Glen for the wooden spoon might be interesting. I'd be wary if Glenorchy bring any players back, NH should just win at home.

They beat them down there last year the Tigers, gun to my head I am picking NL obviously but just reckon they are a sneaky chance.
North weren’t flat last week, it was a cracking game and they had to pull out all stops after half time to get over Lauderdale.

Looks like Glenorchy get back Bowden and Mott and potentially Banks-Smith while Joseph and Grace have been named emergencies.

Mar 17, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
Would have backed Lauderdale over Glenorchy, 20/36. This week North against Tigers, Glenorchy over NH, and Clarence over Launceston...

Bit of a surprise to see Jaye Bowden retire. He's been an amazing fixture at Pieland like forever. His dad was a gun as was his granddad at KGV. Such a high level player for so long. I hope they get a crowd to see him off. Pity he couldn't wait for a better year to finish. Many never understood why he didn't get a look in at the AFL in his early years. Fantastic u18, & games in the VFL.

My Magpie mate is in tears!! I'll have to drive tomorrow as he'll be too upset. Also take a big supply of tissues for him. ;)

Have to think the Pies will 'do it for Jaye'. Also hand 'the spoon' to NHFC.

NL & Launy easy.

jj15

All Australian
Jan 10, 2008
Tasmania
AFL Club
Geelong
Bit of talk on future of TSL in paper.

in my opinion SFL clubs should be hoping it stays as the gap is huge and the Lindisfarnes and Cygnets will even get thumped.
5 Southern TSL clubs, enough for a comp?

Mar 17, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood

in my opinion SFL clubs should be hoping it stays as the gap is huge and the Lindisfarnes and Cygnets will even get thumped.

I't be even worse in the NTFA with Launy & NL.

Tassie footy was badly underfunded compared to other states before Covid 19. When that hit the AFL sacked most of AFL Tas staff. So they've already ripped $millions out of Tassie before their attack on the TSL.

I hope the Tas Gov reduce the money they give Hawks & NorthM pro rata, & invest that in our sport.

It'd also be nice if people stopped buying AFL club memberships. Its just money given to Melbourne when they just piss on us.

Kingpin

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 15, 2004
AFL Club
Richmond

There's always been a pretty fair gap mind you, can remember in 2001 when Glenorchy, who finished on the bottom of the SWL in 2000 met Hobart who had been minor premiers the previous two years in the SFL, Glenorchy won by 115 points.
The rest of the season was in a much similar vein, hence going to Premier/Regional the very next season.
I would say the gap is much, much wider now.
I know Hobart couldn't compete with the Clarence's, Glenorchy's, North Hobart's, Lauderdale's anymore.
Seriously doubt any of the others could either (they'll tell everyone the opposite in a fit of bravado) but the inevitable results tend to show otherwise, like last time.

Mar 21, 2008
FNQ
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Devils, Tigers & Jackjumpers
There's always been a pretty fair gap mind you, can remember in 2001 when Glenorchy, who finished on the bottom of the SWL in 2000 met Hobart who had been minor premiers the previous two years in the SFL, Glenorchy won by 115 points.
The rest of the season was in a much similar vein, hence going to Premier/Regional the very next season.
I would say the gap is much, much wider now.
I know Hobart couldn't compete with the Clarence's, Glenorchy's, North Hobart's, Lauderdale's anymore.
Seriously doubt any of the others could either (they'll tell everyone the opposite in a fit of bravado) but the inevitable results tend to show otherwise, like last time.
Question for you - do you have complete SFL scores - QbyQ, goalkickers, venues and times for seniors, plus venues times and final scores for Res and Colts - for the years 2015-16-17-18? In the true spirit of knobjockery, Sportingpulse has cleaned house and gotten rid of all the old stuff without archiving...

Mar 21, 2008
FNQ
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Devils, Tigers & Jackjumpers
Not reading the Tasmanian rags these days, since they started charging. The last I saw for the north if the TSL broke up was a 3 division set up with 6-ish teams in each one...

North, South, Launceston and a couple of others in Div 1, couldn't speculate as to who...you'd look at perennial tough guys Rocherlea but they would then be competing for players with North Launceston...half the NLFC champs came from Rocherlea a decade ago anyway...Bridgenorth similarly clashing with Launceston...you'd think Longford would love to flex it again at the NTFA top level if they put the band back together, and maybe George Town and Deloraine too. Not sure how Scottsdale is functioning as a community these days, and Bracknell wouldn't go too well if they were trying to field elite teams with Longford up the road...after looking at google earth I have to ask does anyone even live in Hillwood...? I'd tip NL, Lton, SL, Long, GT and Del as the 6, but you guys are closer to the action...

Strong country teams in div 2, with the beer at half time/can't field three teams in Div 3. Didn't include the NW, who would go their own way happily as they are now...

What would the south do?

jj15

All Australian
Jan 10, 2008
Tasmania
AFL Club
Geelong
Not reading the Tasmanian rags these days, since they started charging. The last I saw for the north if the TSL broke up was a 3 division set up with 6-ish teams in each one...

North, South, Launceston and a couple of others in Div 1, couldn't speculate as to who...you'd look at perennial tough guys Rocherlea but they would then be competing for players with North Launceston...half the NLFC champs came from Rocherlea a decade ago anyway...Bridgenorth similarly clashing with Launceston...you'd think Longford would love to flex it again at the NTFA top level if they put the band back together, and maybe George Town and Deloraine too. Not sure how Scottsdale is functioning as a community these days, and Bracknell wouldn't go too well if they were trying to field elite teams with Longford up the road...after looking at google earth I have to ask does anyone even live in Hillwood...? I'd tip NL, Lton, SL, Long, GT and Del as the 6, but you guys are closer to the action...

Strong country teams in div 2, with the beer at half time/can't field three teams in Div 3. Didn't include the NW, who would go their own way happily as they are now...

What would the south do?
Really not sure, I think maybe the best thing would be to go to two divisions with promotion/relegation.
Div 1
Clarence
North Hobart
Glenorchy
Tigers
Lauderdale
Lindisfarne
Div 2
Huonville
New Norfolk
Cygnet
Hobart
Brighton
Sorell
Dodges Ferry

Put Farne in as they were last premier but I expect Huonville to win this year.

Back