Discussion AFL Awards Night 2020 - Jack Steele All-Australian

Remove this Banner Ad

Danger in on reputation. Gonna get at least one more to claim the record.

Dusty in a forward pocket. LOL. Just put him on the bench you w***ers.

Butler robbed big time. Best small forward in the comp by miles. Ryan getting the nod with a combo of highlights + recency bias.

Take out Danger and one of Gawn/NicNat.

Put in Butler & Papley/Pendles/Menagola.

Steele fourth in the Coaches Association votes and scrapes in on the bench.

Butler 8th in the Coleman and the highest placed small forward, but can’t get a gig at all.

Farcical, but then, it has been for years.

Steele fourth in the Coaches Association votes and scrapes in on the bench.

Butler 8th in the Coleman and the highest placed small forward, but can’t get a gig at all.

Farcical, but then, it has been for years.

Exactly. I say the same thing every year. Popularity contest.

Butler misses after leading all small forwards with 27 goals FMD. No respect. But have to make sure Danger and Dusty get selected regardless of output this year. What a p*** weak effort from the selectors.

Backline: yep
Midfield: little bit of preference showing...
Forwards: the s**t you people smoking?
Interchange: A new challenger for undeserved arrives!

Just seemed to go from OK to a literal car crash in the space of what, an hour?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can’t wait till we have a PREMIERSHIP team again so we don’t have to worry about silly made up teams like this lol. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

I believe the selectors are several crack heads from a Gold Coast nightclub, the Gold Coast Metermaids and Clive Palmer.

Bob Katter presiding once he fights off the crocodiles.

Can’t wait till we have a PREMIERSHIP team again so we don’t have to worry about silly made up teams like this lol. Hopefully sooner rather than later.
It's just good to see the boys who busted their guts all year get credit where it is deserved. Butler & Steele both deserved to make it. Sure Martin & Dangerfield did too, but it should be about positions. Basically saying small forwards don't matter. I feel bad for Butts. He deserves an accolade like this, even if he doesn't care about it personally.

Everyone needs to remember Liam Ryan takes big makrs up the ground sometimes so it's close enough to the midfield that he deserves the forward pocket spot.

It's just good to see the boys who busted their guts all year get credit where it is deserved. Butler & Steele both deserved to make it. Sure Martin & Dangerfield did too, but it should be about positions. Basically saying small forwards don't matter. I feel bad for Butts. He deserves an accolade like this, even if he doesn't care about it personally.
Dangerfield and Martin might have had good years, but they didnt deserve to make the side this year. If they did then they would have been selected in the position they actually play.

Naming them at half forward or in the forward pocket is just proof they are being shoe horned into the side rather than them actually warranting the spot.

I agree, it’s great for them to get recognised and unfortunately they didn’t recognise Butler this year. He seems like the type not to worry much about media attention but I hope deep down he feels some type of way about missing out after the year he’s had, and he comes out firing against the Dogs...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back