List Mgmt. The 2020 Trade and Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

whatd 2m Peter cost? hed be pretty good having ball dumped in on his head. 24 years old

North coughed up pick 11 to Port for Polec 24 months ago. His stocks have dropped since then. If we could get him for a pick 30 - 40 we’d be doing well. Get his fitness finely tuned under Darren Burgess and he’ll be good fit for us.

I like the idea of Polec coming across to play on the opposite wing to Langdon

This has the Jarryd Lyon from Gold Coast to Brisbane feel about it. He was bloody good at Port and they didn't want to let him go. The issue is he is a icing type of player, someone who will go well in a good team but struggle in a bad team.

If North are willing to cover half of his wages he would be an excellent pick up for us imo
I agree. Dermie was saying at port they had the inside mids to leave him running up and down then wing. Not so much north though as he was playing inside at times. He’d be perfect opposite wing to Langdon.

his defensive side of his game is trash but having Langdon work his ass off in the back 1/2 means we can carry a 1 way running campaigner on the other wing. if we could get him for Preuss sort of thing then that's a positive in a 3 way trade
Outside players tend to not be the most defensive players, you know that when you get them. Shaw is a dickhead trying to play an outside runner as a tagger

We are crying out for outside class, and here we have one available that his market value is much lower than his true worth.

If we can sort out his salary which I'm sure North will take a hit to get him out then we would be stupid not to jump on it

I agree. Dermie was saying at port they had the inside mids to leave him running up and down then wing. Not so much north though as he was playing inside at times. He’d be perfect opposite wing to Langdon.
Yep we have the inside bulls to get him the ball and to allow him to use his strengths

Perryman resigned 1 day ago till 2022

Cheers for that.

Caldwell and Perryman have been very popular targets.

Looks like Daniher is set to become the big piece in the Jenga puzzle again. All but out of Bombers, Swans unlikely (would need to move something decent on). Probably Geelong with everyone else

North coughed up pick 11 to Port for Polec 24 months ago. His stocks have dropped since then. If we could get him for a pick 30 - 40 we’d be doing well. Get his fitness finely tuned under Darren Burgess and he’ll be good fit for us.
If we are paying his whole salary it better be for a pick in the 90’s maybe a 4th rounder at most if they are paying half

I think GWS will be desperate enough for a ruck to hand over pick 28 for big Preussy, once the picks are blown out because of academy and father son picks it'll probably be about right for Preussy.

Outside players tend to not be the most defensive players, you know that when you get them. Shaw is a dickhead trying to play an outside runner as a tagger.

I didn't watch a lot of North games this year, but I thought it was just the one game he did that against Carlton and that was more about trying to get him to be more accountable defensively. It was his attitude to that role that then saw him dropped was my understanding. I agree that his role isn't usually one that has major defensive responsibilities, but having a bad attitude towards being asked to have a more defensive mindset is a concern.

I’ll be surprised if Daniher is at Essendon next season. Lloyd would have some idea and going by his demeanour on classified the other night he’s out.

Speaking of which, if Lloydy was given the same treatment as Daniher over the last 3 years, he would have told the Bombers to GAGF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Preuss to the Giants makes absolute sense from all points of view.

So what do we target from them? One of their younger mids who aren’t getting a game? Bobby Hill? Second round pick?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

It makes no sense for Preuss - he'd have to move interstate and play regular games for his.money 😹

I think GWS will be desperate enough for a ruck to hand over pick 28 for big Preussy, once the picks are blown out because of academy and father son picks it'll probably be about right for Preussy.

GWS have a deficit from getting Tom Green last year. Currently pick 28 is actually pick 39.

Can Preuss be played purely as an enforcer when Gawn is being niggled?

No one else flies the flag for him.
I love Preuss and I'd like to see him stay and develop for us, because he is a hard nut and will get stuck into the opposition when no one else will.

Having said that, if he got a big offer from GWS you wouldn't begrudge him taking it, especially if we could use the pick to get a key forward like McKay.. or pick up someone like Jackson Callow in the draft.

fu** here we go again.

The first round could go as late 30. He should nab us a second, maybe a late first if bidding gets crazy.

We have been asking about perryman and Caldwell so maybe something there as well.

Why even it call it a first round anymore when it's the equivalent of a third is more the point. Sounds sexier but it's exactly the same thing.

It can't be understated how s**t the academy stuff is for a national competition. Incompetence of the highest order from whoever gave it the green light. Smh.

biggest area i want to see change is the coaches box, assuming Goody can't be knifed; we need meaningful change in our assistant ranks. Justin Lepitsch has just quit Richmond, hopefully we are in his ear, Essendon have targeted Yze, I hope we are making the call as well.

clearly more change required.
We had big changes last year, I think we need more than one season to see how this coaching structure will go.

Next major coaching change will be with the head coach and it won’t be this year.

Why tf is anyone interested in Polec? Can’t think of many four club players coming off the back of not getting a game for the 16th placed side and owning a solid reputation as a selfish player who won’t follow instructions who have helped turn a team into a finals contender.

Rhys Shaw May be a s**t coach but he’s right to set a standard that you either do the job you’re given or you don’t play.

The thought of shuffling off Viney or Brayshaw and bringing in a campaigner like that sends shivers down my spine.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back