List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Thread.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you smugly dismiss fans that questioned the merit of using Pick 16 on Durdin & Pick 25 on Nielson back in 2014 as well?

ThEy AdDreSs OuR nEeDs aNd wIlL Be BoOkEnDs fOr tHe NeXt DeCaDe

LuCkY yOUrE NoT MaKInG ThE CaLlS

tRUsT tHe PrOcEsS111!!!!!

This game is easy. Did you agree with the first post in the Goldstein thread?

Hindsight cherry-picking is the go-to tactic of the whiny bitches on this board. Especially the ones that have recently emerged to whine at us.

Last edited:

Hind-sight cherry-picking is the go-to tactic of the whiny bitches on this board. Especially the ones that have recently emerged to whine at us.
Hot tip.

This one may not be as recent as they seem....

Hindsight cherry-picking is the go-to tactic of the whiny bitches on this board. Especially the ones that have recently emerged to whine at us.

The other game is just as easy though

"Mahoney, Comden & Perez are clearly going to be stars - it's great we finally have people in the club WHO KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING!!!"

"I think I'll back the expertise of Brady Rawlings over some random on BigFooty"

Being smugly arrogant about an unknown future is a worse position to take for mine.

I'm simply using historical indicators showing that the talent pool seriously thins out after pick 15 and the odds of striking gold are against you - sadly that has been particularly true over a significant period of time for this club.

For this reason, I wouldn't be having a firesale of our proven stars for questionable picks.

Last edited:
+1 with the renouncing my support for the club if we bring in that big useless Seppo.

Happily accept the trading of Brown and other stars as long as we are adequately compensated AND I mean adequately. But to then bring in compete impostors to fill their positions would sadden me greatly.

We needed this change of course. We are tacking and about to set the spinnaker for pick 1 next year and a big monstrous Horne.

Largely agree but it really annoys me when people talk about no longer supporting the club, not renewing their membership, etc.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The other game is just as easy though

"Mahoney, Comden & Perez are clearly going to be stars - it's great we finally have people in the club WHO KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING!!!"

"I think I'll back the expertise of Brady Rawlings over some random on BigFooty"

Being smugly arrogant about an unknown future is worse for mine.

I'm simply using historical indicators showing that the talent pool seriously thins out after pick 10 and the odds of striking gold are against you - sadly that has been particularly true for this club.

For this reason, I wouldn't be having a firesale of our stars.

Indeed, both sides of the game are easy because of the existence of hindsight.

And being smugly arrogant about the future is a fool's game. I just can't see many people here who are.

I'm also of the (long-stated) view that 2nd and later round draft picks are not as valuable as some seem to think, I've always been on the side of keeping your very good players because they're so hard to find. And it sucks that they are what we will get if and when the Brown, Polec and Higgins trades are done.

But anyway, my reaction was to the sea of negativity you've brought back.

PS. I liked the Keira gif

My 2 cents on our direction:

Trading - no issue with the likes of Brown, Polec and Higgins being moved on for solid picks. Most of our key young players are min. 3rd year with the key players going into their 4th. That should be enough experience to be a solid member of the 22. We still have good experience around the team with the likes of Tarrant, LMAC, Walker, Goldy, Atley, Cunners and Jack and the likes of Dumont, Ed and Jed adding additional experience. However, don't care if they stay either.

Recruiting - they have said speed and skill as their two key attributes. This is a statement I don't think we have heard from our recruiters before and shows they might actually know what modern football is. However the coach's focus on contested bull footy might be at odds with this and has me nervous.

Coaching - Like Mastermind said, the way the coaching philosophy is being portrayed and the effect on Brown, I just don't know it is the right approach. We tried it once and had to trade in the likes of Dal and Higgins to upskill, I would prefer we focused on the Perez style player that shows both the skills and the hardness in one package. Modern midfielders seem to have the hardness we crave with skills we don't have, I just don't see why we should think they are seperate. For instance, Brown could be perfectly suited to a contested side who wins the hardball then accurately kicks inside 50. Based off the Brown situation, it feels they want a midfield of Ziebells and the forwards need to be strong contested players to compete when the ball goes somewhere near them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Largely agree but it really annoys me when people talk about no longer supporting the club, not renewing their membership, etc.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
There's going to be a drop in memberships but not how many. You can see it coming...

I'm kind of hoping there's no crowds next year or at least capped crowds next year.

It would still be a financial disaster obviously, but we are less reliant on them than others.

It would also keep the media off of our back for another year.

Haven't really kept up with the rollercoaster of the trade thread this year but I did hear something very surprising today.

Apparently we are paying 104% of the salary cap at the moment, in large part due to some of the interesting decisions made in the last few years by Joyces & co... So I think we need to readjust any expectations regarding a 'warchest' this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back