Mego Red

The Artist Formerly Known As Kristof
10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
VB is an ideal coach - limited talent but made up for it with football intelligence and discipline.

Has come from an excellent program.

It feels like Nicks is getting what he wants and I'm happy to back that in.

Mego Red

The Artist Formerly Known As Kristof
10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
It was less than an hour ago I said in relation to Olsen..
The club hasn't announced anything. And no matter what nuffys here think, whoever the club appoints as Chairman or asst coach, they'll be excited to be doing it.

This is not announcing a drink driving charge.

CROUCH #2

Team Captain
Oct 21, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
I’m happy with this. Gets a bad wrap due to his awful last couple of years as a player, but we’ll know he’ll demand elite standards. Has worked with a very successful midfield group over the past few years, he’s even won a premiership as an assistant

Good get. Probably getting Brad Miller as forwards coach now, I’m guessing

Brad Miller I would think is a solid chance if his family will move.

Perfect Coach for young players

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
The club hasn't announced anything. And no matter what nuffys here think, whoever the club appoints as Chairman or asst coach, they'll be excited to be doing it.

This is not announcing a drink driving charge.
Chapman hands over the reins tonight at the B & F?

119others

The Crows are coming
Apr 19, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Well I think it an absolutely brilliant appointment, one of the smartest blokes to ever pull on an Adelaide guernsey and a player that never took a backward step on field.

an intellectual genius combined with absolute elite cultural standards including fitness - whats not to like?

assistant with WC when they won the big dance.

and involved with our forward line when we had possibly the most imposing forward scoring line in recent times

2017 Assistant coaches

ad victoriam

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 2, 2016
Barossa
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
an intellectual genius combined with absolute elite cultural standards including fitness - whats not to like?

assistant with WC when they won the big dance.

and involved with our forward line when we had possibly the most imposing forward scoring line in recent times

2017 Assistant coaches

All reports was he did a good job as a development coach in 2017, good communicator. and it was his choice to move to West Coast.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bob Neil

Club Legend
Sep 20, 2011
At a table with old friends
AFL Club
Adelaide
I know the knee jerk reaction is to say ‘Boy’s Club’ due to him having played and captained our club.

However I actually think the much bigger issue is the potential/perceived conflict of interest that arises due to the fact that he’s still in business with Riccuito.

As two senior members of our football department they’ll occasionally need to have robust discussions and we just don’t need any other baggage clouding the issue (“I don’t really want to recruit this bloke but Roo is pushing it so I guess I won’t stand in the way especially given he’s chipped in extra money to get the pub through these challenging Covid times...”).

Also people say "go away from the club, learn a successful system and then come back"...and when it happens they way they ask..."sh*t appointment, boys club"

Would people be as accepting of bringing Scott Thompson back?

He's been out of our system the exact same amount of time as VB

Don't mind it, would've learnt a lot in his 3 years over there.

But can certainly understand the detractors that will come.
I like we have grabbed assistants from both the successful West Coast & Hawks systems.

Jul 2, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Adelaide
So many detractors, I think it's a good move. Burns and VB is a vast improvement on the previous.

People on this board need to temper their expectations. The fact is that there are a multitude of very good assistants that simply won't or can't move to Adelaide. I'm an Adelaide boy but my family is WA, would I move for a job, unlikely.

These are very good outcomes on face value

Flying_as_One1991

Premium Gold
Oct 22, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Las Vegas Golden Knights, NY Mets
Just when we thought the club is going in a new direction. Bang straight back the same old.

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
Are you comfortable with our previous contractual dealings with Danger, Sloane and Tex who I understand also were/are business partners with Roo?

These conflicts of interest really should be avoided not condoned/encouraged.
Couldn't give a fig actually

Remove this Banner Ad

Back