Preview 2020 Qualifying Final 1 - Port Adelaide vs Geelong @ AO

Remove this Banner Ad

This is close to our most important game in 15 years
Broke our QF curse, against Geelong in 2004, need to break our 6 year no finals win curse, against Geelong in 2020.

Who is going to do a Byron and kick 4 goals in the first 1.5 quarters and bust the game open?

Broke our QF curse, against Geelong in 2004, need to break our 6 year no finals win curse, against Geelong in 2020.

Who is going to do a Byron and kick 4 goals in the first 1.5 quarters and bust the game open?

FFS if Charlie could just have a set shot from 30m directly in front and kick it early in the first I'll be able to relax.

And our first AFL win curse.

This is what I want to see. But like Timmy G said in Charlie Dixon's guernsey presentation - Port Adelaide football is not for a quarter or when you feel like it.

I have a feeling that Butters is going to be electric from the moment the ball is bounced. Has had the last 3 weeks off to freshen him up after 12 uninterrupted games, I can't wait to see what this kid can do in his first final.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol we went onto to not playing anything like the first quarter for the rest of the game
So you're saying we couldn't sustain the intensity needed after this moment to maintain the lead that we gathered from bringing that intensity.

My point stands, bring intensity and play hard focussing on the key players that drive that team and it will go a long way to securing victory.

LOL 😂 ... I was only just a young tacker in 1914 ... Wanted to go to the GF then, but my dad wouldnt let me!

Fair enough. You were a young tacker, you had a war to fight.

He was electric in that first half. As soon as he scored the opening goal barely 2 minutes into the game i had that feeling that proverbial monkey on the back would well and truly be lifted.

We are obviously playing a much different style of footy but have equally as much X factor. Feel like this one is going to be Robbie's night.

Dunno about you guys but I hate this week-off rubbish. We should be playing finals by now, let's get on with it. This one should be a good one. I hope we get a fair game between two teams not hindered by injury or bad umpiring. Port or Geelong are the only teams that might get over Richmond, so if it's not us, I hope it's you. Good luck!

I have a feeling that Butters is going to be electric from the moment the ball is bounced. Has had the last 3 weeks off to freshen him up after 12 uninterrupted games, I can't wait to see what this kid can do in his first final.
Watch him go into a hot contest and destroy Guthrie, the over rated plodder...although happy if SPP takes the job and delivers the pain to the next level. SPP will be like pitbull this game. We get the pressure, physicality and composure right - no reason we cannot win this by 4+ goals. Danger destroyed us at contest last game and we surely know our defence will adjust on a lubed up Hawkins. It will be a hot footy most of the game. Sure we have learnt from the double or triple teaming Dixon. Gray and Rozee are playing at another level since we got belted by them. I see our mids and half forwards kicking most of our goals. We play at level like Richmond game, we will roll them.

I have a feeling that Butters is going to be electric from the moment the ball is bounced.

I believe:

g1aXUZk.png

Whoever filmed this needs to be sacked for missing Pittard absolutely demolishing Ruggles right in front of the members. Probably the highlight of the 2016 season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back