Toast Caleb Serong 2020 Rising Star

Remove this Banner Ad

Knightmare on suicide watch?

In all seriousness what a year from Serong. Completely deserved, and I look forward to seeing how much better he'll get.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great first season. I strangely never felt anxious when he had the ball in his hands - either at the start of a chain of possessions or at the end.

Speaks well, clearly doesn’t like to lose, absolutely stoked we picked this kid up

Congrats Serong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've stopped being too invested in the draft, since the year I had my heart set on Aaron Black and we picked up some skinny kid I'd never heard of. But just reading what was written on here, I expected a solid but unexciting player who likely wouldn't let us down, but wouldn't necessarily excel to elite levels. And I guess that is all still possible (the plateau!) but so far so good!!! 🤞

I've stopped being too invested in the draft, since the year I had my heart set on Aaron Black and we picked up some skinny kid I'd never heard of. But just reading what was written on here, I expected a solid but unexciting player who likely wouldn't let us down, but wouldn't necessarily excel to elite levels. And I guess that is all still possible (the plateau!) but so far so good!!! 🤞
One of those players whose highlights don't do him justice. Probably would have picked Suban over him if just based on highlights.

The draft is fine if you actually get a chance to watch the prospects play full games (at least the u18 champs). Quality shines through over 4 games and more the merrier.

No problem being invested in the draft but just understand you and everyone on here (some small exceptions) have no idea what they are talking about. Get excited, voice your opinion, claim you got it right down the track but just understand you have no clue and it was a fluke if you got it right 😃

"To be honest I didn't know what to expect coming to the club. Moving across the country I hadn't really heard too much about Freo but this year I couldn't speak highly enough of the club. We're really building an amazing culture and I feel like it's a winning culture," he said.

"None of us are really accepting honourable losses, JL isn't accepting honourable losses, he doesn't want to be patted on the back. We're here to win and play finals and be a challenger for that flag. I feel like we're a lot closer than some people think."

"To be honest I didn't know what to expect coming to the club. Moving across the country I hadn't really heard too much about Freo but this year I couldn't speak highly enough of the club. We're really building an amazing culture and I feel like it's a winning culture," he said.

"None of us are really accepting honourable losses, JL isn't accepting honourable losses, he doesn't want to be patted on the back. We're here to win and play finals and be a challenger for that flag. I feel like we're a lot closer than some people think."

Geez, he says a lot of stuff I really want to hear.

I think 22 suits him.
he should be able to make it firmly his own, only needs another 140 or so games to have played more games than the other players to have worn 22 combined

Remove this Banner Ad

Back