List Mgmt. 2020 Trade and List Management Thread II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Other than prying players out of their current deals, there isnt anything on the market thats any good..
Yeah that's why getting free agents is so important. Usually only 1-2 good ones every year and the rest of the decent players will cost you draft picks

We have 40 spots roughly, each one of these are required to find the next premiership team, last thing we want to become is a dumping ground for the so called BIG clubs

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
The first thing I want to do this offseason is TO become a dumping ground for any club that is willing to trade picks for Brown, Polec, Higgins.

What if there were realistic offers for Cunnington or Tarrant?

Is any trade that netts an acceptable pick one that should be conducted?
I would not trade Cunnington.

If Tarrant approached the club and asked for a trade to say Geelong, out of respect to what Tazz has been for our club I would accept it.

No.. Who will lead the backline? What is this insanity?
I was talking to a former player yesterday, and he explained it to me like this.

some of the players, Higgins, Taz, Goldy signed contract extensions to the club after presentations made to the players that the club would remain competitive, that making finals in 2020, 2021, 2022 were priorities.
The club has pivoted, rightly, to a rebuild model. If the players feel they want to move to a contender in their last 2-3 years the club won’t stand in their way.
I love Robbie, he has been a super player for so long. He will always be a great North Melbourne man, but if he went to the club and wanted out I expect the club to respect his wish.

Why is Cunnington not tradeable?

Given his age, given the tough inside role he has played over a long time now, given his lack of aerobic ability and our serious need for pace, given the serious injury he is coming off, given his poor defensive prowess and accountability, given the midfield needs to rebuilt, you'd at least have to consider it.

For mine, Higgins, Tarrant, Brown and even Polec don't have this many question marks hanging over them.

I love Cunners, I was defending him on here when he was a teenager and everyone thought he was a wasted pick. But he is not untradeable.

Last edited:
I was talking to a former player yesterday, and he explained it to me like this.

some of the players, Higgins, Taz, Goldy signed contract extensions to the club after presentations made to the players that the club would remain competitive, that making finals in 2020, 2021, 2022 were priorities.
The club has pivoted, rightly, to a rebuild model. If the players feel they want to move to a contender in their last 2-3 years the club won’t stand in their way.
I love Robbie, he has been a super player for so long. He will always be a great North Melbourne man, but if he went to the club and wanted out I expect the club to respect his wish.
That should be the base line of any elite club or sportsman. Being competitive and making finals is expected every year.. every year you dont win a flag is a complete fail. Goldy and Higgins signed deals because they like the joint and are well remunerated for their work. They knew the chances of us winning the flag in 2020 was low but signed anyway. No, Sorry Taz, walk when your contract is over if you dont like it, you have a job to do, do it

That should be the base line of any elite club or sportsman. Being competitive and making finals is expected every year.. every year you dont win a flag is a complete fail. Goldy and Higgins signed deals because they like the joint and are well remunerated for their work. They knew the chances of us winning the flag in 2020 was low but signed anyway. No, Sorry Taz, walk when your contract is over if you dont like it, you have a job to do, do it
🤦‍♂️
Does it get boring being such a wanka all the damn time.
If you can’t see that the club are going through an aggressive rebuild I don’t know what to tell you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

🤦‍♂️
Does it get boring being such a wanka all the damn time.
If you can’t see that the club are going through an aggressive rebuild I don’t know what to tell you.
And that means you need to have leaders to lead young men.. Tarrant needs to run the Backman, theres no better leader to these kids.. Are you a snowflake? Aww thanks Taz, go win a flag, on us, **** the development of our “rebuild” but youve been a good servant.. piss off! He has a job to do

There is risk in a club with a very young list where senior players are effectively there against their will. These particular guys have been great servants to the club and they should be treated with respect and in some cases that may mean that we allow them to go.

Given his age, given the tough inside role he has played over a long time now, given his lack of aerobic ability and our serious need for pace, given the serious injury he is coming off, given his poor defensive prowess and accountability, given the midfield needs to rebuilt, you'd at least have to consider it.

For mine, Higgins, Tarrant, Brown and even Polec don't have this many question marks hanging over them.

I love Cunners, I was defending him on here when he was a teenager and everyone thought he was a wasted pick. But he is not untradeable.
I think you raise some valid points but my main argument against trading cunners is that he is a natural footballer and that midfield needs him. I can still see him playing out 3 more productive years because he has never relied on athletic ability to play the game.

Clearly, the most sensible post in this entire thread series.

Don’t want to trade out to many of our senior players.
I’d only want to trade out brown, Polec and higgo but if taz really wants to go I’d only do it for the dogs pick and we give them taz and our pick 25.
Cunners retires in our jumper

There is risk in a club with a very young list where senior players are effectively there against their will. These particular guys have been great servants to the club and they should be treated with respect and in some cases that may mean that we allow them to go.
They signed contracts, they agreed to the terms of the deal. They were well aware of what they were signing up for..

In my opinion Cunnington is tradeable for the same reasons as Brown and if I had a preference I'd be keeping Higgins, Goldstein and Tarrant ahead of him.

I don't trust his body or ability to play into his 30s at all and his quiet nature means that he doesn't offer as much leadership or experience, I'm not sure some of the boys would even notice if he was traded. If we need a hard body to protect the kids then we already have Jed Anderson and potentially Jack Ziebell.

If we are seriously struggling in the soft cap then why not utilise these veterans on our list as on field line coaches.. who ****in better to fast track development than these guys? Goldy, Higgins, Tarrant, Cunnington and Ziebell?

and they’ll get paid significant bikkies to do it too. Higgins would make a decent coach. Keep him around

They signed contracts, they agreed to the terms of the deal. They were well aware of what they were signing up for..

As has been pointed out they were sold a vision of where we were at that was vastly different from the current reality. There is almost no chance we play finals next year and we are only really a chance in 2022.
If it is true, as has been speculated with Higgo, that some they have been told they are unlikely to get an extension beyond their current deal, then it is only fair we don't stand in the way of them being able to extend their careers by a year or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back