MMA-UFC UFC 253 - Adesanya vs Costa

Remove this Banner Ad

chinha.jpg

It's almost here! Huge main and co-main.
I think Adesanya keeps his belt, and Reyes will win the vacant LHW belt. I expect Adesanya vs Costa to be insane. Feels like it'll either be over quickly, or it'll be FOTY.

I think Izzy wins. Costa doesn't have as many nuances to his striking and Izzy manages distance better than anyone in the UFC quite possibly. Costa will come crashing in which gives the counter striker everything he wants. We saw that when Rob came in aggressive, the more he barged in, the more he got hit and the easier it was for Izzy to set him up. Izzy only took 30 strikes from Rob and Romero, whereas Costa gets hit alot more (but nothing fazes him really, just doesn't look good to judges so he'll lose rounds despite being the aggressor IMO).

Costa works the body well but he'll need to back Izzy up to do it, Izzy will circle away, jab and bait Costa to walk him onto strikes. Costa also doesn't have anything going backwards. He retreats completely until they're done then he resets. Bad habit, it rules out any counters. The grappling won't matter, if either grapple it's an admission they're lost in there. Costa's cardio is unlikely to hold up into the championship rounds. I think Izzy wins a decision, maybe a late stoppage. The first 2 rounds will be great though (and beyond if Costa's cardio holds). This is a great fight. Huge aggression, relentless forward pressure v a counter striker. Makes for a good one, either winning wouldn't surprise but picking Izzy...

Reyes/Jan is one of the weaker title fights in recent memory. There's nothing special about either, the division is weak and the champ never lost the belt so it doesn't feel big. Picking Reyes but not really pumped for it

Let's face it though. This event is just a precursor to the barnburner next week. Holly Holm returns! Can hardly keep it together, so excited (whole card is a dumpster fire)

PPV event threads with good cards or epic main events should always start the OP with: 'I can't believe no one has started this thread yet.'

Reyes/Jan is one of the weaker title fights in recent memory. There's nothing special about either, the division is weak and the champ never lost the belt so it doesn't feel big. Picking Reyes but not really pumped for it.
Reyes, I believe did beat Jones in their fight. If it was to be against Santos who almost Jones on one leg, it would be an awesome fight For the belt.

Costas trash talk leading up to this fight has been unreal for someone who had nearly no English not too long ago.
Costa has been great value. Izzy comes up with some decent one-liners, but it's all very forced.

I'm pretty pumped for both title fights. Confident even if he can't quite match it with him, Costa will at least give us a bit of a show. The LHW fight isn't great, but also think it can be an entertaining fight.

*n awesome!

I love the modern day Bruce Lee. Can't wait. Good regardless who wins, imo Costa has to K.O him as Izzy gets it done if it goes the distance.

why are they wearing the same clothing in the stare downs?
pissed myself when Costa got out the white belt lol, that was hilarious.
Got Reyes and Costa winning this one. Really think The Eraser will pressure Izzy up against the cage and fold him with a flurry of punches within the first 2 rounds. Costa seems like a really chill dude as well, English has gotten a lot better, he would be a worthy champ.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Costas trash talk leading up to this fight has been unreal for someone who had nearly no English not too long ago.
Was it The Schmo who set up the question 'What do you like about the other guy?'

Whoever it was, it was a perfect setup.

'He has earrings like my mother'.

Brilliant stuff.

I like Izzy (despite the cringe, how can a grown ass man be so insecure teenager -like sometimes?) and I'm a big fan of Costa.

Happy for either to win, I'll cheer on whoever I put money on (undecided yet).

As for Reyes / Blannywateva, I like Reyes, think he speaks well, seems a decent dude, hope he gets the win, but don't really care to be honest.

Predicting both favourites win but if I see value I'll put money wherever I see it.

Costa has won me over with the s**t talking, has been hilarious. Def has gotten under Izzy's skin, wonder if it translates into the fight.

Costa has won me over with the sh*t talking, has been hilarious. Def has gotten under Izzy's skin, wonder if it translates into the fight.

yeh i feel the same way. Izzy is usually a cool customer but i think he really did get under his skin with the white belt lol. That was well played on Costas behalf.
and Costa looks ready for Mr Olympia. i cant believe he makes 185, thats just crazy

Never attempted a take down in his UFC career. Don’t see that happening.
Strange considering he's a jiu-jitsu black belt. Considering Izzy is a blue belt I reckon if he's teams smart they will try to get him down.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back