Solved The Original Night Stalker/East Area Rapist

Remove this Banner Ad

As soon as I read that I though "Police", maybe intelligence. I read another theory he might be in the forces which also makes sense - he tracks his past victims down (part of the fun, sort of like a normal person's crossword or Sudoku) and then taunts them.
Turns out he was ex-cop.
Only just finished watching "I'll Be Gone in the Dark" yesterday and fascinating to discover and find out stuff here typed from 8 years ago and he only got caught in recent years.

Somebody in this thread said he seem to stop before DNA testing to help crimes became a thing. So I assume that was one reason he seemed to stop after 1986. Doco never mentioned that or how some guy at town hall meeting was followed home by him and he eventually raped that man's wife. Creepy, this freak actually went to town hall when they all having a meeting how to protect themselves from him.
Cannot imagine being the family to find out your Dad or uncle did these murders and rapes years ago and you had no idea of what this family member was capable of.

Here's an interview with the EARs brother in law, he seems like a decent person. One of the things he noticed that was odd was that DeAngelo would become weirdly excited watching slasher movies.

There were little tell tales through his life to indicate he was a psychopath. The attacks on animals and early treatment of girlfriends were some indicators. When convicted of shoplifting, he should have been flagged, stealing items to disable dogs should have been a red flag.

When the media suggested he only targeted single females, he deliberately changed his MO to target couples. Did police and the media help create this monster???

When the media suggested he only targeted single females, he deliberately changed his MO to target couples. Did police and the media help create this monster???

There was a lot of emphasis placed on him attacking women on their own in the media, that's when he appeared to treat it as a challenge and began to target couples.

A community meeting to discuss the attacks was called as well apparently, a man who was there living in the neighbourhood stood up and went on a bit of a rant about it, he and his wife subsequently became a victim of the EAR. Scary stuff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A police officer in France has been DNA identified as responsible for rapes and child murders.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back