List Mgmt. 2020 Trade and List Management Thread II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brown and Higgins for one late 1st round pick?

That is insulting.

Perhaps if Higgins was 28 & Brown had just come off a 60+ goal year. In reality, Higgins is 30+ and Brown has come off a really poor season.

Saints first rounder is a good start, but I imagine we’d look at a couple sweeteners in there like:

North Trade: Brown, Higgins, 2021 Second Rounder
St Kilda Trade: 2020 Pick 14, 2021 First Rounder, 2021 Second Rounder

Upgrade our 2nd to their 1st next year (they would expect to be pushing top 4 and for us to be favourites for the spoon), throw in their 2021 2nd as a sweetener.

I don’t think that’s insulting at all.

Perhaps if Higgins was 28 & Brown had just come off a 60+ goal year. In reality, Higgins is 30+ and Brown has come off a really poor season.

Saints first rounder is a good start, but I imagine we’d look at a couple sweeteners in there like:

Upgrade our 2nd to their 1st next year (they would expect to be pushing top 4 and for us to be favourites for the spoon), throw in their 2021 2nd as a sweetener.

That's 2 1sts and a (likely) upgrade of 2nd rounder. That's better.

TBH I dont think it will be that high but even pick 14 means that we take mcdonald or whatever tall forward is best and then load up on midfielders with the rest of our early picks. Instant replacement for brown depending on our needs and whatever trades we make. Easy 3 picks inside first round would be HUGE for the club and rebuild.

TBH I dont think it will be that high but even pick 14 means that we take mcdonald or whatever tall forward is best and then load up on midfielders with the rest of our early picks. Instant replacement for brown depending on our needs and whatever trades we make. Easy 3 picks inside first round would be HUGE for the club and rebuild.

looks like it, with 3 picks in the 20s, 2 of them could get into a first....

3 first rounders.....hmmm

looks like it, with 3 picks in the 20s, 2 of them could get into a first....

3 first rounders.....hmmm
Like I know teams dont fully rebuild in 1 year but if we nail all of those picks we'll be looking really good.

lol zero chance of Brown going to St Kilda... they simply don't need him.

They have no issues hitting the scoreboard, 5th in the league for marks inside and the best goal to behind ratio.
Not to mention they'd prefer to develop King... he'll beome a very similar player to Brown.

They only place Brown is going is Collingwood... as a Mason Cox upgrade. Otherwise he's staying.

They have no issues hitting the scoreboard, 5th in the league for marks inside and the best goal to behind ratio.
Not to mention they'd prefer to develop King... he'll beome a very similar player to Brown.

They only place Brown is going is Collingwood... as a Mason Cox upgrade. Otherwise he's staying.
ryder retiring and Marshall #1 ruck opens up a spot in the forward line for a tall. I mean there apparently in talks so they might want him.

You know what it is? Brown and Higgins for 14 and Billings.. thats as fair a trade as you’ll get

I’m not interested in making it easy for Higgins to get to Geelong. If Saints are keen, and combining him and Brown gets us a better deal, then that’s my preference.

If Geelong want Higgins they have to come to the party.

This will really heat up as sides start getting eliminated from finals.

So Brown on his own would be pick 14?

Like I know teams dont fully rebuild in 1 year but if we nail all of those picks we'll be looking really good.

Just stay consistent as the 2016 - now drafting hit rate, a bit better would be exceptional. In each of the draft we did over the last few years, we got at least 3 good players from each batch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Collingwood is the best fit but once they sign up Moore & de Goey dollars become a big issue. That is why we can be creative to get a deal done where we trade salary cap for draft picks. The obvious salary dump for the Pies is Cox. We would have to take him off their hands which frees up space for Brown. Two first-round picks coming back.

Just stay consistent as the 2016 - now drafting hit rate, a bit better would be exceptional. In each of the draft we did over the last few years, we got at least 3 good players from each batch.
Last couple of years have been pretty good

So Brown on his own would be pick 14?
No - Polec may come into calculations then - in fact I am surprised its not Polec being talked about.

Higgo to the Saints just doesn't seem to fit at all - I can accept Higgo to Geelong given his background and attempts to get there last year but Saints - weird.

No - Polec may come into calculations then - in fact I am surprised its not Polec being talked about.

Higgo to the Saints just doesn't seem to fit at all - I can accept Higgo to Geelong given his background and attempts to get there last year but Saints - weird.

Geelong is on its last leg, it needs to top up and do it one last time in 2021 before falling off a cliff.

People are saying geelong will always be up there, sure when you have selwood, dangerfield, hawkin, taylor, yes it's a top 6 team but they are all getting further into the 30s so the end is nigh. Having a higgins will boost the midfield with a in form player for one more season for a final harrah. st kilda, they need to immediate talent to be injected into the team to get into a top 4.

I love how Brown started off as 2 firsts or a high first and a second, then a first, then two second rounders, now a second-rounder if we are lucky and ask nicely.

Screw this. Brown rightfully should not be leaving unless it helps us land our draft targets. That would be at least a player in our top 10 recruit list. IF NM is confident that they can upgrade the change we are given to get an extra player in our top 10 list of 18 year olds, then that is fair.

He will most likely kick 70+ goals next year for a top 10 side FFS.

Pick 14 is worth 1160 points.

To break this up it is basically equal to pick 25 (750 points) and pick 40 (430 points).

At face value it looks like we are getting bent over for both players.

However remember if Higgo was an FA then we would get zero given his age (like Carlton got zero when W80 came to us.)

If we are truly saying to Higgo we are happy for him to go as we misled him last year is signing with us (re our push to play finals) then in reality we are making him a FA after the fact.

Of course he is signed for another year but how hard ball can we be with a guy we mislead?

As others have said the Saints probably need to sweeten this it a little - a swap of picks this year or next year will do it.

Pick 14 gives us 4 picks inside 25 so we are getting well on our way here even this was to be the final agreed position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back