List Mgmt. 2020 Trade and List Management Thread II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love how Brown started off as 2 firsts or a high first and a second, then a first, then two second rounders, now a second-rounder if we are lucky and ask nicely.

Screw this. Brown rightfully should not be leaving unless it helps us land our draft targets. That would be at least a player in our top 10 recruit list. IF NM is confident that they can upgrade the change we are given to get an extra player in our top 10 list of 18 year olds, then that is fair.

He will most likely kick 70+ goals next year for a top 10 side FFS.

If he goes to a good side I’d wager that he kicks about 40 goals.

Pick 14 is worth 1160 points.

To break this up it is basically equal to pick 25 (750 points) and pick 40 (430 points).

At face value it looks like we are getting bent over for both players.

However remember if Higgo was an FA then we would get zero given his age (like Carlton got zero when W80 came to us.)

If we are truly saying to Higgo we are happy for him to go as we misled him last year is signing with us (re our push to play finals) then in reality we are making him a FA after the fact.

Of course he is signed for another year but how hard ball can we be with a guy we mislead?

As others have said the Saints probably need to sweeten this it a little - a swap of picks this year or next year will do it.

Pick 14 gives us 4 picks inside 25 so we are getting well on our way here even this was to be the final agreed position.
Hes not a free agent tho, he’s contracted and important to our club..

If he goes to a good side I’d wager that he kicks about 40 goals.
In a forward line where he was with another significant target and clean ball movement out of the middle, he'd have his best year ever.

So long as the knee is good.

Pick 14 is worth 1160 points.

To break this up it is basically equal to pick 25 (750 points) and pick 40 (430 points).

At face value it looks like we are getting bent over for both players.

However remember if Higgo was an FA then we would get zero given his age (like Carlton got zero when W80 came to us.)

If we are truly saying to Higgo we are happy for him to go as we misled him last year is signing with us (re our push to play finals) then in reality we are making him a FA after the fact.

Of course he is signed for another year but how hard ball can we be with a guy we mislead?

As others have said the Saints probably need to sweeten this it a little - a swap of picks this year or next year will do it.

Pick 14 gives us 4 picks inside 25 so we are getting well on our way here even this was to be the final agreed position.
Yeah that's why I'm happy with a 2nd rounder for higgins, even if it means we give a later pick back.

Hes not a free agent tho, he’s contracted and important to our club..
I don't think the club will see it that way. If he wants to go and chase success in his last couple of years then the club will facilitate it.

Ziebell I suspect would be handing over his captaincy title in 2021 unless he get back to top notch form. We cannot have Ziebell cunn8ngton and Dumont in the same team as that would make the team significantly slower.

Dumont is a two way runner and very consistent and at 25 is into his peak. Ziebell is injured and even at full fitness, his disposal skills are sh*t. Cunnington is too slow with suspect disposal skills and with the back injury, won’t get back to full fitness. Z and c are gone as early as 2022. Dumont should be given the captaincy as he’s of the right age and
Position plus he is relatively injury free.

Cunnington - suspect disposal skills

giphy%20(1).gif

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brown and Higgins for one late 1st round pick?

That is insulting.

Is it really? What did Waite get valued at by the AFL? Nothing from memory and Higgins will be 33 before he kicks a ball in anger for his new side.
I just don't see how we could expect much. 14 would really be for Brown with Higgo thrown in.
I doubt they'd give us a second rounder for Higgo, I wouldn't.

I'm loling at some of the clowns in here hiding under the bed scared shitless over Browns worth.

Brown will get us a top 10 pick and some.

Stick to the facts FFS

He had kicked 300+ goals before a down year involving injury, upheaval and potential grief. Teams will covet his services because of this.

Not even sure Cameron will find a team first with the wage he is demanding and a team looking for GF success would be mad to take on snortin' Ugly Joe with his history of injury and inaccurate as * goal kicking...

Higgins is 33, a 2nd pick is the best we will probably do. My preference is a pick upgrade from 2nd to mid-first but needs the right club

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Constable and a 2nd (either 20 or 21) for Higgins and a later pick if we have to

Is it really? What did Waite get valued at by the AFL? Nothing from memory and Higgins will be 33 before he kicks a ball in anger for his new side.
I just don't see how we could expect much. 14 would really be for Brown with Higgo thrown in.
I doubt they'd give us a second rounder for Higgo, I wouldn't.

Waitey didn't have the durability or consistency of Higgins (since joining us anyway), and also had on field discipline issues .

Higgins is like Benjamin Button. The body gets more resilient with age.

I'm loling at some of the clowns in here hiding under the bed scared shitless over Browns worth.

Brown will get us a top 10 pick and some.

Stick to the facts FFS

He had kicked 300+ goals before a down year involving injury, upheaval and potential grief. Teams will covet his services because of this.

Not even sure Cameron will find a team first with the wage he is demanding and a team looking for GF success would be mad to take on snortin' Ugly Joe with his history of injury and inaccurate as fu** goal kicking...

Sheesh I hope you're right. Would be a wonderful outcome for us. FYI I'm not the slightest bit scared and know we'll get the best possible deal that we can.

Love everyone bagging Gus Brayshaw and Bailey Fritsch like we just won back to back flags.

These guys would waltz into our best 22
My sentiments exactly. Fritsch is a bloody good half forward who actually kicks goals and Gus Brayshaw a hard running accumulator. Two ready made senior players with a good 8 years to offer.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sheesh I hope you're right. Would be a wonderful outcome for us. FYI I'm not the slightest bit scared and know we'll get the best possible deal that we can.
Brown hasn't lost his footballing ability over night and clubs will pay up for his services.

Its not rocket science. If you think you are close to a GF and think Brown puts you in contention, you don't * about low balling offers, you pay up and get your man.

There are countless trades where teams have over paid for s**t players in the league, BBB just happens to be top 5 in his position. You know what you ate getting - an accurate lead up forward who is indefensible with good delivery...

Ziebell I suspect would be handing over his captaincy title in 2021 unless he get back to top notch form. We cannot have Ziebell cunn8ngton and Dumont in the same team as that would make the team significantly slower.

Dumont is a two way runner and very consistent and at 25 is into his peak. Ziebell is injured and even at full fitness, his disposal skills are sh*t. Cunnington is too slow with suspect disposal skills and with the back injury, won’t get back to full fitness. Z and c are gone as early as 2022. Dumont should be given the captaincy as he’s of the right age and
Position plus he is relatively injury free.

Jack and Cunners gone and Dumont Captain. If it wasn’t apparent before it certainly is now. You are a 🥔

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back