Racing The Everest 2020

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Jan 30, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Waller has previously given it to the horse that wasn't chased. NS wasn't for Waller last year because i think Harron? wanted YYY instead.

It's to maximise his number of horses in the race.

Last edited:

Gytrash the third horse into the field - I'd say a safe pick if you want to get your money back but would be surprised if at least a couple don't produce better than his top levels on the day. Then again - slot holders might be scrambling for horses that can get them their money back a couple of months from now.

Feb 18, 2008
Nowra
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Most improved horse in Aus. Solid pick given the options available outside the Squib and Barocha ;) , agree his peak may not be enough but surprised if he's not top 4 all things being equal.

Last edited:
Most improved horse in Aus. Solid pick given the options available outside the Squib and Barocha ;) , agree his peak may not be enough but surprised if he's not top 4 all things being equal.

Yeah solid risk averse pick - i doubt you are going to get the lotto payoff but you'd be disappointed if you blew your stake.

I will make a very stupid prediction, if Masked Crusader wins with a leg in the air tomorrow he will be the next to get a slot. (because the slotholders are stupid)

This is a sadly accurate call.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The MiRunner scam artists are going with Rothfire - don't mind the pick - none of the older brigade are going to beat the squib and he looks as promising as any amongst the 3yos.

Can always turf him a month out if he is going no good.

Yulong take Tofane - normally I would go on a massive rant here and say WTF are you locking in such a moderate horse so early but this is a pure business decision (another reason the race should never get G1 status). The yulong guy bought Alabama Express from same owner last year as a stallion prospect.

Pretty uninspiring - was $26 in Gytrash-less TJ and while she ran well she was only 5th and was slapped by the Squib. Will be in the bottom 5 in the market on the day similar to In Her Time.

4 years in and no evidence yet that this is not just a race about hyping squibs before they go to stud (as many suggested it would be when the race was created) rather than picking the best horse. The Sydney bias also remains ludicrous.

Has to be YUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE chance this guy gets switched out before race day

Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood

4 years in and no evidence yet that this is not just a race about hyping squibs before they go to stud (as many suggested it would be when the race was created) rather than picking the best horse. The Sydney bias also remains ludicrous.

Has to be YUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE chance this guy gets switched out before race day

this has been picked to destroy Nature Strips chances!

this has been picked to destroy Nature Strips chances!

But aren't they going to run Anders with someone else's slot?! Going to be all three of them going flat out from start to finish

BEHEMOTH gets a slot - think he'd be more competitive at 1400 and I'm sure there will be a couple too sprightly for him on the day but you can't deny he deserves a crack given the form he is in.

Bruce Clark speaking on twitter as if Vic reject EDUARDO has got a slot. Jesus wept.

There is going to be so many no hopers going around in what looks the weakest edition so far by some way.

Also Nash is going to ride Behemoth (unrucky)

Looks like 4 horses in the running to replace Rothy for the scam artists:

-Trekking
-SAL
-Eduardo
-Libertini (WTF is this thing doing still even doing in the conversation? Hasn't raced since getting belted in last years Newmarket)

Trekking has to go in. Will Anders be fit and worth a risk?

Given an Eduardo slot looks locked in you would be made not to take a flyer on Anders.

Let that sink - a horse that was getting rolled by William Thomas and Prezado in the Autumn looks set to line up in the Everest.

Back