FTA-TV Have You Been Paying Attention?

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
Hamish Blake is on tonight. Not too impressed about that.
Better than Amanda Keller, Pete Helliar, Fifi Box, Dave Hughes, and quite a few others I could think of. Not in the same class as those we've had for the last few weeks, but far from the worst in class.

Hamish is actually quite funny, he just needs to shut the * up and let one of the other contestants get a word in every now and then. He's too used to a two man radio booth where Andy plays the straight man and Hamish has to be the one to respond to everything with a joke.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thank God You’re Here re-runs are up on 10 play.
Forget how good this was and definitely much better than HYBPA.
I mean 2006 wasnt that long ago and some of the stuff on there would cause an uproar today. Sad times.

Oct 23, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks Seattle Mariners
Not the best episode.

Guest quizmaster....urgh. Never heard of her and she wasn't funny.

Emoji news - very amusing.

Hamish had a few good moments but wasn't as good.

At least Ed didn't win....

cherrypie

Club Legend
Oct 28, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Might just be due to how it's been produced this year but I've finally started to lose interest. I'd love it if the same crew just started another show to replace it next year. Even if they just take the format of a UK panel show, they'd have heaps of potential to still make something funny and fresh

Vincent Hanna

Premium Platinum
Mar 15, 2020
AFL Club
Essendon
Thank God You’re Here re-runs are up on 10 play.
Forget how good this was and definitely much better than HYBPA.
I mean 2006 wasnt that long ago and some of the stuff on there would cause an uproar today. Sad times.

I've watched a fair few reruns of Spicks & Specks lately on 22, same thing - early years were genuinely funny but so many jokes would be cut today. Crazy when you consider it wasn't that long ago.

Sep 11, 2006
MCG
AFL Club
Collingwood
Just on Ed. It's been mentioned before that the show needs quite a bit of editing post recording at times. So a lot of his 'straight' answers are added after the recording has been done. Not sure why him or why he is always on though.

Must add, I missed Pangy last night but Tim was very good.

Vincent Hanna

Premium Platinum
Mar 15, 2020
AFL Club
Essendon
I think Ed is set with the Working Dog crew, he was in every ep of Thank God You're Here too.

At least bench him every now and then.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back