EPL Matchday 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Not bad from Starman overnight, doing well for a championship player.

He's stepping up, good to see.

That's attacking a ball in front of you. What about trying to glance one going over your head. You're not in that forward motion

Its pretty much the same motion but in reverse, you jump with your arms. Its really going to be down to interpretations as to what is an unnatural position. To me, VAR should have accepted the initial call on Dier and moved on. Equally if it was given initially it should not be reversed either based off the replay.

BBC275C8-157E-497F-939E-F36B58109613.png BBC275C8-157E-497F-939E-F36B58109613.png
Its pretty much the same motion but in reverse, you jump with your arms. Its really going to be down to interpretations as to what is an unnatural position. To me, VAR should have accepted the initial call on Dier and moved on. Equally if it was given initially it should not be reversed either based off the replay.

It makes it even worse when you realise Dier actually jumped with his arm down and only raised the arm when we was nudged off balance by another Newcastle player.

I agree it shouldbt have been reviewed on VAR.
All for it being reviewed. The ref just made it a very bad call paying handball in this instance. The freeze frame where it hits Dier's hand looks more guilty than it was. Everything looks worse in slow-mo and freeze frame

All for it being reviewed. The ref just made it a very bad call paying handball in this instance. The freeze frame where it hits Dier's hand looks more guilty than it was. Everything looks worse in slow-mo and freeze frame
As the rule is being interpreted I think it’s actually irrelevant how the arm got there. So all the ref had to see was arm away from body and it hitting the arm and that’s it.

Has to change ASAP.

Carroll just became a 100m striker.

I’m wondering though why a similar one against Dier in about the 85th minute was let go and this one wasn’t. Both looked similar to me

As the rule is being interpreted I think it’s actually irrelevant how the arm got there. So all the ref had to see was arm away from body and it hitting the arm and that’s it.

Has to change ASAP.

Carroll just became a 100m striker.

I’m wondering though why a similar one against Dier in about the 85th minute was let go and this one wasn’t. Both looked similar to me

Liverpool ahead of the game again :p

Not bad from Starman overnight, doing well for a championship player.

I'm assuming you mean Bowen? Started him in my fantasy team as I figured he was value ... was just about to start shuffling pieces to move him out.

He can stay a little longer now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After months of Newcastle fans replying to the prems twitter with pictures of the word "corrupt", I've just seen Spurs fans replying the same thing after Newcastle got a pen at the end of the game.

Kind of heartening in a way to see that the AFL isn't the only pro football league in the world with farcical umpire / ref interpretations changing from season to season.

Anybody think this could be one of those super high scoring games?

0-2 within twenty minutes, and Fulham have already had three or four clear passes into the box.

Maybe a 2-5 or something like that coming up. I hope so.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back