Review Round 18 vs Hawthorn @ Adelaide Oval (20/9/20 - 1:05pm)

Jul 21, 2010
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers
Empire building
D7UBqK8YrQpsvWWm9ZF5YslwQMzTpC0_KMhX9lo6AEhXWhPQ13mlYpOTlvQGSEdWsHU6KUtQyGCpEHlv8jq23L8kW1_rA04IPnXTDNFp2Bq-kDiT-lK23Ce8O0VQQJU_g0c7vefCqb3RDBGu3yFglJsCvxdF6fJR8Pw

Aug 7, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Rams, 76's, Brewers
How would the much lauded wonderful gift that all the amazing and so much superior to us idiots from the Gold Coast-Tweed from The VFL House school tie brigade in Mark Evans that was bestowed upon us be so bad in his judgement to allow this to happen?
Evans took in Luko & Ben King as 18 year olds and provided a decent home for them. They both re-signed.
He’s done the same thing this year with Rowell & Anderson. Both RE-signed already.
Evans put together a submission that enabled us to get Academy kids for free (Budarick) and 2 kids tipped to go first round this year in Davies and Jeffrey. We got a top 2 pick (Anderson) and a mid first round pick.
He took over a basket case and has ensured that the club will be here for years to come.
I’ll take his word over some rat that holds onto footage for years or runs to the biggest anti Suns journo of all, Mick Warner.
I’m ecstatic that the rat has left the ship and can sulk all he wants.

The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
Evans took in Luko & Ben King as 18 year olds and provided a decent home for them. They both re-signed.
He’s done the same thing this year with Rowell & Anderson. Both RE-signed already.
Evans put together a submission that enabled us to get Academy kids for free (Budarick) and 2 kids tipped to go first round this year in Davies and Jeffrey. We got a top 2 pick (Anderson) and a mid first round pick.
He took over a basket case and has ensured that the club will be here for years to come.
I’ll take his word over some rat that holds onto footage for years or runs to the biggest anti Suns journo of all, Mick Warner.
I’m ecstatic that the rat has left the ship and can sulk all he wants.
He also was instrumental in getting us an AFLW licence

I am beyond happy of the work that he has done.

Sep 8, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
There are no other teams
51 point flogging by a very ordinary football club. It’s simply not acceptable
Curious as to why you think we are an “ordinary football club”

I mean to say the Hawks have been winning Premierships at an astonishing rate for so long now it’s not funny.
They have over 80,000 members.
They along with the WCE and Collingwood pay extra to help the other clubs stay afloat.
They are well run, well resourced,well coached and demand respect.

The Hawks are the very definition of a “Great Club” and the envy of all the clubs since we have been the most successful for over half a century, curious as to why you think they are an “ordinary club”

What must you think of all the other clubs that have been nowhere near as successful and well run.

PS, don’t come back with the usual crappy Big Footy type of reply, because as you have seen I have not said anything derogatory about the club you support.

Serious question.

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2005
Port Augusta
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
QPR

I mean to say the Hawks have been winning Premierships at an astonishing rate for over half a century.
They along with the WCE and Collingwood pay extra to help the other clubs stay afloat.

The Hawks are the very definition of a “Great Club” , just curious as to why you think they are an “ordinary club”

What must you think of all the other clubs that have been nowhere near as successful and well run.
Would ordinary team be more appropriate?

Sep 8, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
There are no other teams
Would ordinary team be more appropriate?
Of course it would be (although this ordinary team tore the GCS to shreds and humiliated them twice the last 2 times they have played, I am sure you will agree to that)

We are a middle of the road side ATM, but so are a lot of other clubs.

The Hawks have the perfect excuse for going through a lull before rebuilding again, what excuse do the other clubs have?

Of course we are an ordinary side at the moment, but we are anything but an “ordinary club” in fact we are an “extraordinary club”

Just curious as to why someone would call the Hawks “an ordinary club”

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Of course it would be (although this ordinary team tore the GCS to shreds and humiliated them twice the last 2 times they have played, I am sure you will agree to that)

We are a middle of the road side ATM, but so are a lot of other clubs.

The Hawks have the perfect excuse for going through a lull before rebuilding again, what excuse do the other clubs have?

Of course we are an ordinary side at the moment, but we are anything but an “ordinary club” in fact we are an “extraordinary club”

Just curious as to why someone would call the Hawks “an ordinary club”
Because Forum based on opinion . if everybody opinion same as you , you don't need forum come here to post, read this thread and give your opinion. You are lonely that's why you come here to post or Hawthorn forum pretty ordinary you come here for extraordinary .

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
There are no other teams
Because Forum based on opinion . if everybody opinion same as you , you don't need forum come here to post, read this thread and give your opinion. You are lonely that's why you come here to post or Hawthorn forum pretty ordinary you come here for extraordinary .
All I asked is why someone would call the most successful club of the last half a century an “ordinary one”

Pretty simple question, don’t you think?

Thanks for the reply though, even though it makes no sense.

We have had plenty of opposition supporters on the Hawks board and as long as they are respectful they are treated with respect or are you saying that’s not allowed on this board?

The Hawks are an extraordinary successful football club, that’s not “opinion” that’s a FACT.

Just curious at to why the said poster thinks we are in his words an “ordinary football club”

Anyone who knows anything about footy knows we are the definition of an “extraordinary well run and successful footy club”

So just curious at to why the poster I quoted, thinks otherwise.

Last edited:

Stroppy

Club Legend
Apr 14, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Dubs
“extraordinary well run and successful footy club”

Do you mean "extraordinarily well run" because I am not clear what "extraordinary well run and successful" means.
Is there supposed to be a comma in there?
Are you trying to say extraordinary, and well run, and successful all at the same time?

I would agree with extraordinarily well run but no AFL team is extraordinary. There is always another team at least as good using the normal metrics for judging AFL teams.

As you correctly pointed out, precise language counts.

Sep 8, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
There are no other teams
Do you mean "extraordinarily well run" because I am not clear what "extraordinary well run and successful" means.
Is there supposed to be a comma in there?
Are you trying to say extraordinary, and well run, and successful all at the same time?

I would agree with extraordinarily well run but no AFL team is extraordinary. There is always another team at least as good using the normal metrics for judging AFL teams.

As you correctly pointed out, precise language counts.
I am glad you agree the Hawks are an extraordinary well run club, but can you tell me who was at least as good as the Hawks 3 Peat team?

All I am asking is why a poster said after the Hawks tore the GCS apart and taking in the fact they have been winning Premierships at an astonishing rate for over half a century, he would call them and I quote “an ordinary football club”

I will see if the poster replies otherwise I will remain baffled as to why someone that supports a club that we have made look silly the last two times we have played them(not my words lots of GCS supporters sentiments in this thread) would say such a stupid thing.

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2005
Port Augusta
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
QPR
I am glad you agree the Hawks are an extraordinary well run club, but can you tell me who was at least as good as the Hawks 3 Peat team?

All I am asking is why a poster said after the Hawks tore the GCS apart and taking in the fact they have been winning Premierships at an astonishing rate for over half a century, he would call them and I quote “an ordinary football club”
I don’t think anyone here will deny we were ordinary, in fact less than ordinary that final round. But I think given the list and age profile of said list we exceeded most people expectations for the year.
Of course the hawks 3 peat was extraordinary. But we both sit in a very similar position on the ladder. A team is measured on wins and losses making you guys similar to us. A club is measured by much much more in which hawthorn are certainly not an ordinary club. Arguably one of the biggest clubs in the country with a history of success. Definitely not ordinary but as you’ll agree currently an ordinary team... for reasons you described

Sep 8, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
There are no other teams
I don’t think anyone here will deny we were ordinary, in fact less than ordinary that final round. But I think given the list and age profile of said list we exceeded most people expectations for the year.
Of course the hawks 3 peat was extraordinary. But we both sit in a very similar position on the ladder. A team is measured on wins and losses making you guys similar to us. A club is measured by much much more in which hawthorn are certainly not an ordinary club. Arguably one of the biggest clubs in the country with a history of success. Definitely not ordinary but as you’ll agree currently an ordinary team... for reasons you described
Well said.

As I said earlier “of course we are an ordinary team ATM” but we are anything but an “ordinary football club” which is exactly the point I was trying to make.

If winning 13 Premierships in a touch over half a century is ordinary, then there are a lot of clubs in this Comp that are a million miles below ordinary.

I mean to say the Hawks have been winning Premierships at an astonishing rate for so long now it’s not funny.
They are well run, well resourced,well coached and demand respect.

The Hawks are the very definition of a “Great Club” and the envy of all the clubs since we have been the most successful for over half a century, curious as to why you think they are an “ordinary club”

PS, don’t come back with the usual crappy Big Footy type of reply, because as you have seen I have not said anything derogatory about the club you support.

Serious question.

What an odd place to show your offended at a comment. This is the Gold Coast board. Go Squawk somewhere else and let us lick our wounds in peace.

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Be patient. You got to wait for the poster to reply. Meanwhile, not sure what's the point to tell us over and over that the Hawks are an extraordinary club.

Sep 8, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
There are no other teams
What an odd place to show your offended at a comment. This is the Gold Coast board. Go Squawk somewhere else and let us lick our wounds in peace.
When posters come on to our board we treat them with respect as long as they are respectful.

Have I at any stage been disrespecting the GCS, if so please point it out.

Where did I say I was offended?

I am baffled, which is very different to being offended.

When posters come on to our board we treat them with respect as long as they are respectful.

Have I at any stage been disrespecting the GCS, if so please point it out.

Where did I say I was offended?

I am baffled, which is very different to being offended.

Swear filter changed 8utt hurt to offended.

This game was over a week ago. Why are you now waltzing in to tell us all how great the Hawthorn football club is.

We don't care. We lost, but we still finished higher than you both on points and percentage despite the outcome of this game, ergo, Hawthorn are an ordinary club. It was a generalisation. Get over it.

Sep 8, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
There are no other teams
Swear filter changed 8utt hurt to offended.

This game was over a week ago. Why are you now waltzing in to tell us all how great the Hawthorn football club is.

We don't care. We lost, but we still finished higher than you both on points and percentage despite the outcome of this game, ergo, Hawthorn are an ordinary club. It was a generalisation. Get over it.
I have pointed out why I asked the question.

Maybe it’s just you not being capable of grasping it.

Anyway I will see if the poster replies so no need for you to melt anymore.

Are you 13yo or just immature?

Weren't you putting me on ignore?

Tell me what possible reason you think that someone here in the game day thread on the Gold Coast board would want to engage in semantics with you to argue over whether you are an ordinary club (a generalisation that I pointed out above based on your performance this year) or a great club as you espouse.

It reeks of chest puffing of which you are well known.

Back