News Crouch & Stengle Caught with Illicit Substance

Remove this Banner Ad

Seeing we have repurposed this page to a commentary on drug use ................

The sooner we make all of any so-called recreational drugs brought under the auspices of the pharmaceutical administration authorities, the better. We will remove most of the manufacture and sale of these goods from the criminals, users will be registered and supported through the health system, the drugs will be able to bought from "safe" registered retailers at consistent prices, the drugs will be pure and available in very degrees of strength with no fillers or toxic substitutes, etc etc.
The police will be diverted from this endless community disaster, the gangs that provide this stuff will be disempowered, etc etc.

And the money saved can be used to support the health system to create less dangerous synthetic drugs, provide support programs for users etc

Perhaps this minor debacle can be a trigger for global change!!!!!

I feel all clubs would know that around 50% of their list will ingest some form of illegal substance this offseason especially after the year we have had. Where these two idiots went wrong is that they should have used an intermediary to buy it for them and consumed it in the privacy of their own home. You don't travel with drugs on your person. Made them look like two idiots which is likely more damaging to Brad's contract negotiations than the drug use. Although I do feel they were unlucky and the police were obviously tipped off by some arsehole looking to damage his reputation. I don't condone drugs but I'm sure most dabbled with them in their early to mid twenties and came to the realisation that the high is an illusion and doesn't make the reality of your situation disappear. The latest research is showing that some psychedelics can have beneficial outcomes for individuals dealing with past issues where their may be a blockage but the majority of drugs wreck people's lives. People like Kane Cornes trying to stick the boot in and bringing up Brad shopping himself on the market is totally hypocritical from that twit. Of course all players will try and maximise their earning potential. This coming from the guy that quit his club half way through the season and quit the fire brigade after it was all too hard. He really should shut his mouth.
I don't think KC should be the one laying the boots in on this topic ...

He/she made reference to "drug users". In my world drug users are those that frequently take drugs as a habit not those that "try" or "have had" drugs infrequently.......my response wad based on this interpretation of a drug user.
And that is your problem. You think a drug user is a junkie.

Your world is a foot under West Beach.

I’m wanting to know more about Jack Watts retirement.
On the weekend before his sudden retirement, he did a Lachie Hunter and hit and run. Only one car was damaged, but it was severe. Owners had video footage and recognised the car (lives down the road). Reported to police. Police went to his house. He was home but didn't answer. Would've had to be drunk or on something to hit a parked car in broad sunny daylight. Owners reported to PAFC who didn't sound surprised that he was in this mess. A few days later, his retirement was announced (good reason to void his contract and everyone is talking about how great of a guy he is for forfeiting his next season salary). At the time of retirement, he had still not contacted the owners of the car he'd damaged. He had made the police report after seeking council through PAFC and their lawyers. No charges for Watts. I don't expect him to stay in SA since he's retired. His neighbours don't think highly of him after this incident.

Last edited:
Seeing we have repurposed this page to a commentary on drug use ................

The sooner we make all of any so-called recreational drugs brought under the auspices of the pharmaceutical administration authorities, the better. We will remove most of the manufacture and sale of these goods from the criminals, users will be registered and supported through the health system, the drugs will be able to bought from "safe" registered retailers at consistent prices, the drugs will be pure and available in very degrees of strength with no fillers or toxic substitutes, etc etc.
The police will be diverted from this endless community disaster, the gangs that provide this stuff will be disempowered, etc etc.

And the money saved can be used to support the health system to create less dangerous synthetic drugs, provide support programs for users etc

Perhaps this minor debacle can be a trigger for global change!!!!!
They will never do that because of national level NIMBYs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So on Fox Footy they were suggesting that Brad Crouch was after high $800’s over 5 years before this incident. JFC!

Give me whatever he is smoking or snorting!
They've also said Jeremy Cameron's offer from GWS and Geelong is only about $700k over 5 years. Hence, not sure I believe anything to do with dollars.

Ok, we'll ignore the driving part because its come out they weren't driving. Personal development there from Stengle.

To me, this offense doesn't matter because both have only been cautioned, which makes this beat-up is nothing more than a witch-hunt. Is it irresponsible? Sure. Do I care? No because it's the off-season and there is no genuine impact for us to deal with (outside of what we've created ourselves by announcing it to the world), seeing we don't lose any sponsorships for this. Much like going on a four day bender with alcohol is irresponsible but providing they're fit and ready to go day one of preseason, I don't care about that either.

To me, the line is PEDs, they cost the club sponsorships, or they were looking at jail time from their actions in the off-season. All for the tighter line once pre-season starts because they're being paid to do a job for those months.

It probably smacks more of a person not being able to handle the stress of the situation he's found himself in, or trying to make the most of the period where he doesn't have to be on the straight and narrow. I can't begrudge any of that, because the lifestyle of an AFL footballer would be horrible. It certainly won't diminish any trade value, because this is the first time Brad has copped any negative press and its as minor as minor gets. Minor to the point it'll be forgotten about in a week. Just unfortunate he was stupid enough to go somewhere out in the open and early in the morning for it.

I do like the rehab program idea. Couple with a bit of "drug related community service" seems a rather perfect "seen to be doing something" solution and providing we don't tact on a suspension (unless the AFL does, in which case, we just suspend them for as long as they are), it doesn't cut our own nose off to spite our face. Seems a good middle ground for what is effectively less than being caught for jaywalking.

I do disagree with that report because clubs would be relatively powerless in that situation, you certainly can't stop your players from doing certain things, or talking to certain people. Outside of having a policy available and some programs they're partnered with, which that article seemed directed at as West Coast failed in that regard seeing it accused their CEO of being woefully under-prepared, and Woosha naive.
Very reasonable and thoughtful reply, thanks. I thought this was especially insightful:
"It probably smacks more of a person not being able to handle the stress of the situation he's found himself in, or trying to make the most of the period where he doesn't have to be on the straight and narrow."
Maybe both.

1) I know a few millionaires and multi millionaires, CEOs, business people Executive types all recreationally using.
2) It’s a social thing. It happens...
3) fuddy Duddys need to get over it.
1) Must be wonderful, being so well-connected which provides you with ... 2) such insight and ... 3) a solution for the ages.

Is that you, Mr Trump?

Stengle is clearly now on his last chance - surround him with enough love and it could be a very powerful motivator. I don’t think Nicks will just cut him loose.
Blowing 0.125 in an unregistered vehicle only 5 months ago was not a strong enough motivator for Stengle, then?
Nicks/the Club might give Stengle another chance, but he's behaved like an immature, entitled boy with too much money and too little common sense.
It'll be interesting to see what happens from here. If he turns himself around it'll a great story, an inspiration.
I hope so, but I can't see it.

Thank god Smyth is nowhere near the running of our club..Great South Australian..but follow it to its logical conclusion - we sack B Crouch and the Vic Vultures grab him for nothing and nothing will be said about them taking on Crouch so we lose out hugely..silly stuff Smythy

lol smyth should know plenty of players would have some fun with coke during the silly season. They just dont get caught buying the s**t. If he thinks no one does it he's delusional.

On the weekend before his sudden retirement, he did a Lachie Hunter and hit and run. Only one car was damaged, but it was severe. Owners had video footage and recognised the car (lives down the road). Reported to police. Police went to his house. He was home but didn't answer. Would've had to be drunk or on something to hit a parked car in broad sunny daylight. Owners reported to PAFC who didn't sound surprised that he was in this mess. A few days later, his retirement was announced (good reason to void his contract and everyone is talking about how great of a guy he is for forfeiting his next season salary). At the time of retirement, he had still not contacted the owners of the car he'd damaged. He had made the police report after seeking council through PAFC and their lawyers. No charges for Watts. I don't expect him to stay in SA since he's retired. His neighbours don't think highly of him after this incident.
Do we still believe the stuff he was snorting in Germany was merely Wiesn Koks.....lol

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back