Review Round 18 vs Hawthorn @ Adelaide Oval (20/9/20 - 1:05pm)

Sep 8, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
There are no other teams
I should also add ninja editing to the above as you seem to change your tact several times per post which is obvious given my quotes don't match with your posts
Maybe if you take a deep breath and refrain from mashing the keyboard like a belligerent teenager the quotes would marry up.

Go back and read exactly why I was asking the question and stop acting tough on the Internet, it’s childish.

I will see if the poster replies so no need for you to correspond anymore because you seem a bit worked up over something that had nothing to do with you.

Last edited:
Maybe if you take a deep breath and refrain from mashing the keyboard like a belligerent teenager the quotes would marry up.

Go back and read exactly why I was asking the question and stop acting tough on the Internet, it’s childish.

I will see if the poster replies so no need for you to correspond anymore because you seem a bit worked up over something that was not directed at you.

Now I know you're trolling.

3-4 edits after I quote.

You were going to leave (but not because I said so) and put me on ignore.

Yet here you are.

If any of the people here are happy to indulge your chest puffing, I'll leave them to do it.

Happy Idiot

All Australian
Oct 12, 2011
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Weren't you putting me on ignore?

Tell me what possible reason you think that someone here in the game day thread on the Gold Coast board would want to engage in semantics with you to argue over whether you are an ordinary club (a generalisation that I pointed out above based on your performance this year) or a great club as you espouse.

It reeks of chest puffing of which you are well known.
I think this nails him down pretty well. I'm very satisfied.

Jul 11, 2006
Chermside
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
See Below
This game was over a week ago. Why are you now waltzing in to tell us all how great the Hawthorn football club is.
This pretty much sums up my thoughts on the situation.

The Hawthorn poster has made his point and gotten his pot shots in, It's time for him to move on before he is moved on.

I don't think I need to make myself clearer than that.

I am satisfied that all the posts today served their main purpose of wasting everyone's time on the internet, which can sometimes be a good thing but is usually time better spent elsewhere, away from all the bloviators.

Meh, it was a quiet afternoon here. Kept me occupied for a little while. I'm heading home.

Oct 24, 2008
Mermaid Beach
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
GWS, Celtics, 76ers
Curious as to why you think we are an “ordinary football club”

I mean to say the Hawks have been winning Premierships at an astonishing rate for so long now it’s not funny.
They have over 80,000 members.
They along with the WCE and Collingwood pay extra to help the other clubs stay afloat.
They are well run, well resourced,well coached and demand respect.

The Hawks are the very definition of a “Great Club” and the envy of all the clubs since we have been the most successful for over half a century, curious as to why you think they are an “ordinary club”

What must you think of all the other clubs that have been nowhere near as successful and well run.

PS, don’t come back with the usual crappy Big Footy type of reply, because as you have seen I have not said anything derogatory about the club you support.

Serious question.
Clearly I meant this year, it’s pretty obvious isn’t it? surely you don’t argue that you have been Anything but ordinary this year do you?

I agree your club has had an unbelievable run, but just as the superannuation ad says “ past performance is not a reliable indicator of future performance” . Your club nearly went down the gurgler the last time they had a lean patch so well run is arguable As they certainly weren’t then, you were very nearly a logo on a Melbourne jumper don’t forget.
I see your club Culture as being a two edged sword, you expect premierships and that drives excellence, it also drives arrogance and a tendency to jump off when times are lean.
Hope that answers your question

Sep 8, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
There are no other teams
Clearly I meant this year, it’s pretty obvious isn’t it? surely you don’t argue that you have been Anything but ordinary this year do you?

I agree your club has had an unbelievable run, but just as the superannuation ad says “ past performance is not a reliable indicator of future performance” . Your club nearly went down the gurgler the last time they had a lean patch so well run is arguable As they certainly weren’t then, you were very nearly a logo on a Melbourne jumper don’t forget.
I see your club Culture as being a two edged sword, you expect premierships and that drives excellence, it also drives arrogance and a tendency to jump off when times are lean.
Hope that answers your question
Yes it does.

Just on jumping off when times are lean, the Hawks have recorded record memberships numbers every year for the last 21 years and there have been plenty of lean times (slightly down this year for the first time but I think we know why)

Yes we were close to a merger once but we have since become a very financially stable club and have recorded mill + profits for a couple of decades.

As I like to remind Melbourne F.C supporters the Hawks voted not to merge unlike the Demon voters.

Anyway thanks for the reply.

Yes we are a middle of the road team ATM but a lot of supporters would gladly resign themselves to that if they had seen their team 3 Peat.

Once again thanks for the reply and all the best to the GCS next year. I love Stewy Dew for tearing Geelong a newie in the 08 GF so I wish him well.

I have even forgiven Noah Anderson’s dad for just falling shy of 100 games for us and not being able snare him as a father/son pick, he looks a ripper.

Sep 30, 2010
Katherine, NT
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Tampa Bay Buccaneers, TB Lightning,
If you can’t chest puff when you have seen 12 Premierships as a member, when can you?

We were pretty lenient with you. Let you have your cheap shots in a snide way and were then given your warning to leave. Now enjoy your day off and please don't come back :)

Mini GF

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
Southern GC-the beautiful city
AFL Club
Gold Coast
We were pretty lenient with you. Let you have your cheap shots in a snide way and were then given your warning to leave. Now enjoy your day off and please don't come back :)

Earlier I made a bible reference (even though I’m not a Christian) in reference to this A Grade Galah and now I’ll make another

Hallelujah!!!!

Jul 11, 2006
Chermside
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
See Below
This pretty much sums up my thoughts on the situation.

The Hawthorn poster has made his point and gotten his pot shots in, It's time for him to move on before he is moved on.

I don't think I need to make myself clearer than that.
tenor (14).gif

🤦

I'm a reasonable guy I swear

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Earlier I made a bible reference (even though I’m not a Christian) in reference to this A Grade Galah and now I’ll make another

Hallelujah!!!!
Most Bible is translated by white people but talking about Jews living and then translated by other. There is some true and rumours there , just like BF 50/50 true and false .

Back