Scandal Elijah Taylor charged with assault of girlfriend.

Ricky112

Senior List
Aug 29, 2020
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
He has a job at the moment and still bashes women. Which employer do you think is more likely to have the capacity to correct his obviously skewed moral values - McDonalds or the AFL? I don't think getting him involved in community programs etc should count as "hand-outs".

What does an employer have to do with someone being a wife basher?

It's his choice if he wants to continue bashing women, become a lazy bum, etc.

What does an employer have to do with someone being a wife basher?

It's his choice if he wants to continue bashing women, become a lazy bum, etc.
If the employer has the means to ensure he can get assistance that might save future victims, they should at least try.

Ricky112

Senior List
Aug 29, 2020
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
If the employer has the means to ensure he can get assistance that might save future victims, they should at least try.

If it's at that point where it's not safe having him walk the streets because of his penchant for bashing women then maybe chuck him in prison.

If it's at that point where it's not safe having him walk the streets because of his penchant for bashing women then maybe chuck him in prison.
Will tell the club to let the court know.

Kappa

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Aug 17, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
Apparently only 4 games to be a star. Legend status if he made it to 10 games...

I wonder if the people who feel the need to inform us that a fringe first year player is in fact not a star are the same people who 5-10 years ago could be counted on to let us know that the minute's silence on Anzac Day had only gone for 43 seconds.

Who really GAF if they call him a star or not?

Olian

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 12, 2013
Between the Bridges
AFL Club
Sydney
I wonder if the people who feel the need to inform us that a fringe first year player is in fact not a star are the same people who 5-10 years ago could be counted on to let us know that the minute's silence on Anzac Day had only gone for 43 seconds.

Who really GAF if they call him a star or not?
If you don’t GAF why does it irk you. As you say who really cares if you let the facts get in the way of a good head line.

Aug 17, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
If you don’t GAF why does it irk you. As you say who really cares if you let the facts get in the way of a good head line.

It irks me because it's boring. An incident like this happens, a media outlet deems fit to call the player involved a star, and then it's a two page derailment on the relevant thread on here with worthless posts about the player not being a star.

Apr 17, 2006
???
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Miami Dolphins(NFL)
All the people defending him owe people like me a big apology.
Who defended him, and who asked for the whole story?
I'm sure as hell not apologising for waiting for the investigation to take place, rather than joining a lynchmob.

Now he's pleaded guilty, I'm happy to call him a spouse beater and hope he gets what he deserves.

My opinion wouldn't change of it was male or female, or any race.

HTPunter

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
This is a pretty average take. Do you think not being on an AFL list would magically make ET not be an abuser?

If anything, I hope we don't completely sever ties. I get the feeling that would only make things worse.

The poster exists to post absurdly s**t takes on GWS and Sydney matters.

I don't think any normal person can possibly tie this into a Sydney culture thing, but this is the 4th astoundingly dumb thing I've seen that poster claim about a NSW team.

Aug 11, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Timberwolves, Crystal Palace
Swans and the AFL late to the party on this one. A lot more could have been done to stop a female getting bashed.

I think clubs need to do their due diligence when drafting and recruiting as well much like any organisation would when looking to employ the best and brightest.
Due Diligence was that he didn't go in the first round.

Bicco

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 23, 2013
Hobart
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle, Socceroos
He pleaded guilty so now we can stop listening to w***er lefty ideologues defending his right to deny someone's human rights. Just like every other day when we don't listen to them.
I'm very left in a lot of my views but was saying he's guilty straight away. It's partisan bulldust from people like you (you're with me or against me) that puts people off side. You can say Scomo has done well even if you support Labor. You can support Labor policies if you're a Liberal supporter. You admire Ablett if you support the Hawks. Partisanship is a huge problem in our society and people need to be aware of it.

Back