What are Australia's most chilling crimes?

Remove this Banner Ad

The murder of Zayden Veal-Whitting is another one that really hits home for me. From over that way and know a lot of people that are friends with his Mum and that know the scum bag that killed him. I am not 100% sure but I more than likely would have met Harley Hicks at some stage as a teenager. Death in prison for him would be getting off lightly.

I just listened to a podcast with Meshel Laurie that covered that crime. What a low life bottom feeder that guy is. Not helped of course that he was high on ice at the time.

The Crawford Murders in Melbourne in the early 70s always gets me. A husband kills his pregnant wife and 3 young children. He then took their bodies, put it into a car and took the car down to Loch Ard Gorge, near Warnambool and tried to get the car into the rough waters underwear. Luckily, the car didn't go into the waters, so the mum and kids could have a proper funeral.
The issue is, the husband is still on the run (though hopefully he's dead now, who knows).

Having Queensland host the GF. Absolutely terrifying

Recent saw the program on the greenough murders, what was interesting was the court chose to completely hide the details of how the children died because of how brutal it was, I dont know that I've heard that before. Perhaps because they were young children.

Recent saw the program on the greenough murders, what was interesting was the court chose to completely hide the details of how the children died because of how brutal it was, I dont know that I've heard that before. Perhaps because they were young children.

From what everyone who worked on the case has said, those are details that we're better off not knowing, although I think a persistent rumour is that Mitchell also sexually assaulted the older of the two girls.

Interestingly though, the family actually want those details released to the public, unlike a lot of other cases where the family would prefer those details not get out. Part of me feels like there's a reason for that, like the family has been made aware of some of the details and feels like the public being aware of those details would help in their push to stop Mitchell being eligible for parole every few years

Kim Barry’s murder is one for me. And the fact that Potter is still out and on the run, makes it worse.

I did hear an alternate explanation from local police that when he did a runner into the bushes he may have become croc food.

Potter's a weird one cause he seems simultaneously a genius and the dumbest criminal known to man. Everything about his time as an underworld hitman suggests he'd never be able to elude police for a decade but then you remember he was able to escape to New Zealand after Kim Barry's murder so he has form hiding from police. That CCTV footage makes him look like half the white male population of the outback so if he bolted for some remote outpost in central Australia under a false name you'd never know it was him.

The story that intrigues me is the story of him getting in a relationship with an older woman until her friend recognised it was Potter. He got very threatening before going on the run again. But I can't find any details of when or where this was supposed to have occurred. It's not entirely clear if this is after the last confirmed sighting or some time before

Gang rapist Mohammed Skaf who gets a mention in here, is trying to get day leave. He's coming to the end of his sentence and he has Hodgkins Lymphoma.

But Skaf will have to wait another four months until a decision could be made and plan formulated on how to reintegrate him into society safely.

Gang rapist Mohammed Skaf who gets a mention in here, is trying to get day leave. He's coming to the end of his sentence and he has Hodgkins Lymphoma.

But Skaf will have to wait another four months until a decision could be made and plan formulated on how to reintegrate him into society safely.

Is it him or Bilal who's the smiling assassin?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

what are Australia's most chilling crimes.....?
snow town murders body's in barrels at snowtown
the granny killer
the backpacks murders
the moorhouse horrors
the Anita cobby murder
and the gangland killings

some pretty sick and chillings crimes right there l know its a bit morbid but what do you think are Australia's most chillings crimes....?
The Anita Coby one is the most horrific I have heard of.

Snowtown & Family murders were brutal too. Family ones they were drugged, but Snowtown some were tortured.

Backpackers also gruesome.

We have had some truly terrible sickos unfortunately.

Probably influenced by the closeness to me of where it occured, but the senseless, double slaying of sisters in Niddrie by a jilted lover. I think I read somewhere the perpetrator had served the longest sentence of anyone in the system in Vic at a particular point, over 40 years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back