Opinion 2020 Draft picks 1/9/22/23/40/56/66/80 (2021 + Melb 2nd, 4th, Haw 4th)

which mythological creature you think would win in a fight, Bigfoot or Santa?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant

Crows Draft Hand Tweet

KEY DATES

Oct 30 – Nov 6: AFL Free Agency Period
November 4 – 12: AFL Trade Period
November 20: List Lodgment 1
November 27: List Lodgment 2
November 30: AFL Draft Nominations close
w/c December 7: NAB AFL Draft and Rookie Draft (exact date to be confirmed in due course)
Mid-December: Final List Lodgment & TPP estimates​

As God is my witness, finding anything useful on the AFL.com.au site is practically impossible, may whoever designed it burn in hell.

Last edited:
Both played very different roles at champs, way easier to get the ball playing half back than half forward.
Sure, I'm not trying to say Edwards is near Hollands talent wise but if we can pick him up with the equivalent of a 3rd rounder we should take him.

It could very well be that we have expressed we will pick him up so what else is he supposed to say?

When you watch the clip it wasn’t that bad, basically said he just wants to play AFL. Similar to what Borlace said.
Or we have told him that we aren't sure if we are taking him. Might explain why he is not committing yet.

So what does our draft hand look like in a “worst case” scenario and who do we then target

pick 1
Pick8
Pick 20
Pick 21 (brouch)
Pick 31
Pick 44
Pick 45 (Atkins)
Won’t worry about picks after this point as unlikely we use them, only need them for the points.

do we go mid or tall at 1?
Mid or tall at 8?
Possibly use 20.

I assume we will cash out picks after 20 to move up this years draft or next years draft

So what does our draft hand look like in a “worst case” scenario and who do we then target

pick 1
Pick8
Pick 20
Pick 21 (brouch)
Pick 31
Pick 44
Pick 45 (Atkins)
Won’t worry about picks after this point as unlikely we use them, only need them for the points.

Mid or tall at 8?
Possibly use 20.

I assume we will cash out picks after 20 to move up this years draft or next years draft
if we dont get pick 2 then it will be out of hollands and mcdonald.

still a good chance we'll get it though so hopefully we get both.

mid at 8.

Interesting thought of the day .....watch last years Grand Final U17's All-Star Game ......Shifter responding to questions on players and their potential all thru the game .....commentators trying to give viewers updates to players for the audience

Not Once .... I mean not even a mention was made of Logan McDonald ....the few possessions he did get was met with complete silence by everyone, often talking about the player on the end of McDonalds possession

I find that incredibly interesting, given the commentary now & how little footy has been played .......so much for these kids being followed over 2-3 years

6 weeks ago Phillips was ranked almost #1 , if not top 3 ........just watch, he'll fall out of the top 10 without playing a game this year :D:D

Last edited:
He played against all those lads that played Vic Metro/Country as an under-agers at the 2019 U18 Championships..

View attachment 974285

Hollands stats at the same Championships.

View attachment 974289
edwards pl
Interesting thought of the day .....watch last years Grand Final U17's All-Star Game ......Shifter responding to questions on players and their potential all game .....commentators trying to give viewers updates to players for the audience

Not Once .... I mean not even a mention was made of Logan McDonald ....the few possessions he did get was met with complete silence by everyone, often talking about the player on the end of McDonalds possession

I find that incredibly interesting, given the commentary now & how little footy has been played .......so much for these kids being followed over 2-3 years

6 weeks ago Phillips was ranked almost #1 , if not top 3 ........just watch, he'll fall out of the top 10 without playing a game this year :D:D
yes thinking same

(Log in to remove this ad.)

🤣yeh lets how it wasn't 4. when will they publish the times I wonder?

Excellent avatar, almost as good as the album. Hell, i might throw it on now.

Ahh these tests are so meaningless. In hindsight what have they ever taught us about drafts?

They've taught us the AFL will shamelessly do anything in order to keep a constant stream of positive news about the organisation when there's no play on?

DGB probably move into the top 5 after her combine performance

1601504151316.png

Geez, is there anything she couldn't do? Lawyer, supreme court justice, death from cancer, and now top 5 draftee?

Luke Edwards

Glenelg/South Australia
187cm/77kg
12/1/02
Midfielder

The potential Adelaide father-son selection had a very strong bottom-aged season, playing either as a midfielder or across half-back. He has the ability to move in a number of different spots and also featured in the reserves side at Glenelg. The son of Crows dual premiership player Tyson.

690459_ll.jpg
I see Edwards in the same mould as Luke McDonald from North Melbourne ......doesn't have a particular one wood, but is a footballer first

Think it depends on where the club see's Edwards playing ......I'm sure it's not in the midfield, his athletic testing would back this up ......and he has a few players to compete with across half back ???

Still would be surprised if we don't take Edwards .......interesting that "Road to the Draft" almost had Newchurch being taken B4 Edwards ......and on need that makes sense

pick 1
Pick8
Pick 20
Pick 21 (brouch)
Pick 31
Pick 44
Pick 45 (Atkins)

Mid or tall at 8?
Possibly use 20.

To me it depends in Thilthorpe. If you reckon he'd slide to 8 - I'd probably go Holland, TT, mid, mid, bids. If he goes earlier then McDonald, 3 mids, bids (and maybe another small forward if possible).

I definitely want one of the two major key forward prospects this draft. That forward line really needs a gun forward to compliment H'Berg and Fogarty.

Last edited:
Excellent avatar, almost as good as the album. Hell, i might throw it on now.

They've taught us the AFL will shamelessly do anything in order to keep a constant stream of positive news about the organisation when there's no play on?
my avatar is my push for dreams to be our pre game song. i cant claim the idea, heard someone say it in radio but its what we should be using to make pre games electric. Yes I know the first line is an issue but the imagery could fix that. lots of great crows/footy metaphors can be aligned to the lyric. and I know the jokes will come about crouch higher and higher haha 😂

World turns black and white
Pictures in an empty room
Your love starts fallin down
Better change your tun, yeah
Reach for the golden ring
Reach for the sky
Baby just spread your wings
We'll get higher and higher
Straight up we'll climb
Leave it all behind
Run, run, run away
Like a train runnin off the track
Got the truth gets left behind
Falls between the cracks
Standing on broken dreams
Never losin' sight, ah
Spread your wings
Straight up we'll climb
Leave it all behind
So baby dry your eyes, save all
The tears you've cried
Oh that's what dreams are made of
'Cause we belong in a world that must be strong
Oh that's what dreams are made of
Straight up we'll…

Okay, so we want the Saints and the Eagles to win.

Should make her our next chairman (chairperson?).

She passed away two weeks ago... so yes, because she'd be an improvement on what we have currently.

my avatar is my push for dreams to be our pre game song. i cant claim the idea, heard someone say it in radio but its what we should be using to make pre games electric. Yes I know the first line is an issue but the imagery could fix that. lots of great crows/footy metaphors can be aligned to the lyric. and I know the jokes will come about crouch higher and higher haha 😂

1601505061654.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back