Rumour Tales from the Henley Beach Cafe: CROWS 2021 RUMOURS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There has been zero talk in the media of Seedsman leaving, unless I've missed it.

Normally by now there are murmurs if someone is leaving. Contracted for next year.
I think he’ll get another crack at it. He has the tools for Nick’s gameplan...runs and can tackle. And when he’s on mojo his disposal is quality

We got Band 3 for CEY going to Bris last year for a 4 year (or was it 3+1 trigger). Can't find how much CEY might be on but maybe not more than the $400K RAT might be getting so would be interesting to see how the FL justify not giving a Band 3 compo for RAT (if they did).
We got a 3rd rd pick, band 5 for CEY

if there is any truth to it, then the giants need to just put up a demand for Rowan Marshall (GWS badly badly need an established ruck as Briggs and the other youngster they have are not ready) and St Kilda 1st round pick this year as a minimum or GTFO
Knowing them they'll go the much older Ryder.

Don't see it happening. But if St Kilda somehow pry Taranto from GWS, will definitely make it harder for us to get Hately.

No it doesn't

Hately is out of contract and we have the number 1 pick in the PSD, they either accept a moderate deal or he'll walk to us for free.

The fact that we finished bottom puts the Giants in the worst possible position with this and what also hurts them is that Hately hasn't exactly set the world on fire thus far so his value is low.

We'll most probably give them Pick 20 in a take it or leave it scenario.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No it doesn't

Hately is out of contract and we have the number 1 pick in the PSD, they either accept a moderate deal or he'll walk to us for free.

The fact that we finished bottom puts the Giants in the worst possible position with this and what also hurt the Giants is that Hately hasn't exactly set the world on fire thus far.

I wouldn't even give them that, they'll take it in a heartbeat.

More picks for Borlase and potentially Edwards can't hurt. Especially if it allows us to move an extra pick this year to a side that needs points for an Academy/FS pick for a pick next year.

Yep, Band 4/5 is much of a muchness for us.

I wouldn't even give them that, they'll take it in a heartbeat.

1qr343.jpg

No it doesn't

The fact that we finished bottom puts the Giants in the worst possible position with this and what also hurts them is that Hately hasn't exactly set the world on fire thus far so his value is low.

I doubt we'd even go that high. I reckon at most it will be our Bulldogs 2nd +/- a later pick. Could even be a 3rd rounder that we offer. 1st round picks are like new cars, lose significant value early, especially if not getting regular game time, then you throw in the fact we have 1st pick in the PSD and I think we'll be playing hard ball. I don't think he's the type of player that the Adelaide recruiting staff would lose a heap of sleep over if they did miss out on him.

My misread - round 3 <--> band 3 :$

With Band 4 being almost the same as Band 3 for us this year, RAT should at least get us a pick around 39 (depending on other compos).

Band 3 would after our first 2nd round pick (current 20) and Band 4 is end of 2nd round pick, so they would be quite far apart.

There has been zero talk in the media of Seedsman leaving, unless I've missed it.

Normally by now there are murmurs if someone is leaving. Contracted for next year.

List clogger. Need to do a Jenkins style trade with someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back