Opinion 2020 Draft picks 1/9/22/23/40/56/66/80 (2021 + Melb 2nd, 4th, Haw 4th)

which mythological creature you think would win in a fight, Bigfoot or Santa?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant

Crows Draft Hand Tweet

KEY DATES

Oct 30 – Nov 6: AFL Free Agency Period
November 4 – 12: AFL Trade Period
November 20: List Lodgment 1
November 27: List Lodgment 2
November 30: AFL Draft Nominations close
w/c December 7: NAB AFL Draft and Rookie Draft (exact date to be confirmed in due course)
Mid-December: Final List Lodgment & TPP estimates​

As God is my witness, finding anything useful on the AFL.com.au site is practically impossible, may whoever designed it burn in hell.

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
1601516216382-png.974558
Are those two sisters or what? :think:

Draft Bored

Premiership Player
Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Ricciardo, Red Sox
I’d say we’ve got next to no chance to get pick 2 . There’s hardly a bidding war going on for Brad Crouch . 2 favs Geelong and Richmond will want him to play for lure of success rather than big Money .... they be cheating if offered him big money

get used to pick 20 ish or mid first round at absolute best ( unlikely )

he might just stay

Disagree.

No point getting used to pick 20 as we'll either have pick 2 OR Brad Crouch on the list in 2021.

LoBu

Club Legend
Dec 4, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
A crazy thought but contrary to popular opinion that better to go local in the draft if a choice presents, but couldn't it be better to go the interstate option and then recruit the SA boy back after a couple of years?

On Pixel 3 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Draft Bored

Premiership Player
Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Ricciardo, Red Sox
A crazy thought but contrary to popular opinion that better to go local in the draft if a choice presents, but couldn't it be better to go the interstate option and then recruit the SA boy back after a couple of years?

This year in particular where everyone has seen the SA and WA kids I really do like the idea of taking Victorians at a discount.

Crows I Am

Premiership Player
Jul 12, 2006
Adelaide S.A
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
North Adelaide
St Kilda need currency by the sounds of it, is our pick 8 2020 worth more or less than their first round pick 2021?

They could quite easily push higher again next year and finish top 4. Big gamble to swap those picks. If we trade that pick for a 1st rounder next year it needs to be with a club with question marks over their list. Bombers, Dees, GWS would be good options

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
I wonder if we are scared to use an early second round pick on him? Are we obligated to take him or can we say no?? They may think others are better

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
If we nominate Edwards for the main Draft, we have to match a bid at whatever that position maybe ......if Hamish has a feel for where that bid will be, the Club will decide whether to nominate Edwards or not

Sep 19, 2007
The Pub
AFL Club
Adelaide
If we nominate Edwards for the main Draft, we have to match a bid at whatever that position maybe ......if Hamish has a feel for where that bid will be, the Club will decide whether to nominate Edwards or not

Since when are we under any obligation to match the bid?

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Since when are we under any obligation to match the bid?
It appears the rules changed (I think) ......my bad

Think I got confused after the Jarman example whereby we didn't nominate him in the main draft, because once nominated, we had to draft him ......but I'm gathering that's only the case where no club bids

If a rival club places a bid on a father-son or academy prospect, the club that player is tied to has just five minutes to decide whether to match the bid with their draft picks. OR they have the ability to trade their next draft pick to another club and match the original using their next selections, therefore ensuring a prized top pick isn’t utilised in a matching a bid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 19, 2007
The Pub
AFL Club
Adelaide
It appears the rules changed (I think) ......my bad

Think I got confused after the Jarman example whereby we didn't nominate him in the main draft, because once nominated, we had to draft him ......but I'm gathering that's only the case where no club bids

Nah hasn’t changed, the issue was if he hadn’t been nominated by another club, we’d have to use our last pick on him. Same with Jackson and will be with Luke. We still had the opportunity to not match a bid if it was too high.

Apr 22, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
T.Swift Huddersfield Town AUFC

No because once they're gone they are very hard to get back particularly if they're really good, they only come back if they aren't getting what they want games or pay wise.

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Nah hasn’t changed, the issue was if he hadn’t been nominated by another club, we’d have to use our last pick on him. Same with Jackson and will be with Luke. We still had the opportunity to not match a bid if it was too high.

Thankyou for pointing out the errors of my way

Crying animal.gif

ad victoriam

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 2, 2016
Barossa
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
So what does our draft hand look like in a “worst case” scenario and who do we then target

pick 1
Pick8
Pick 20
Pick 21 (brouch)
Pick 31
Pick 44
Pick 45 (Atkins)
Won’t worry about picks after this point as unlikely we use them, only need them for the points.

do we go mid or tall at 1?
Mid or tall at 8?
Possibly use 20.

I assume we will cash out picks after 20 to move up this years draft or next years draft
That Atkins compo is base on where we finish not were our current picks are. so if it band 4 or 5, it as it currently stands, band 4 pick 36 pushes the dogs pick back 1, band 5 pick 37 straight after the dogs pick, Remember the Dogs received our 3rd pick in last year trade.
However, band, 3 is pick 21, band 2 is pick 20, pushing our 2nd back 1.
This will change as more free agent compo and NGA picks push the all the picks back,

Jirkago75

Club Legend
Jun 20, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide

Due to Edwards not dominating, I feel that’s why he hasn’t nominated us as there are plenty others that have shown more.

Jirkago75

Club Legend
Jun 20, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
That Atkins compo is base on where we finish not were our current picks are. so if it band 4 or 5, it as it currently stands, band 4 pick 36 pushes the dogs pick back 1, band 5 pick 37 straight after the dogs pick, Remember the Dogs received our 3rd pick in last year trade.
This will change as more free agent compo and NGA picks push the all the picks back,

Dam I can’t believe everybody instantly thinks BCrouch is now no chance because of one incident. Clubs play for one reason only, to win a flag. He has talent and skill and don’t think a club will offer less because of one indiscretion.

We need to offer just below band 1 and then if a club wants him we will get band 1. We need pick 2 desperately and should have it happen. Complain to the AFL about it and push the issue. If GWS get it for Williams, so should we.

Adelaide needs to kick up a stink now before the draft starts

Jirkago75

Club Legend
Jun 20, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide

Dam I can’t believe everybody instantly thinks BCrouch is now no chance because of one incident. Clubs play for one reason only, to win a flag. He has talent and skill and don’t think a club will offer less because of one indiscretion.

We need to offer just below band 1 and then if a club wants him we will get band 1. We need pick 2 desperately and should have it happen. Complain to the AFL about it and push the issue. If GWS get it for Williams, so should we.

Draft Bored

Premiership Player
Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Ricciardo, Red Sox

Agree, but no need to kick up a stink just yet.

Just leak his contract when it’s greater than the contract of other players who’ve receive first round compensation.

The AFL can’t deny us at that point. Doesn’t matter what Barrett or Twomey says.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back