Player Watch Charlie Dixon Part 2

Should make All Australian.

Shouldn't be in doubt at this point. Clearly had a better year than any KPF in the comp bar Hawkins. Those two are a pretty obvious FF and CHF.

Shouldn't be in doubt at this point. Clearly had a better year than any KPF in the comp bar Hawkins. Those two are a pretty obvious FF and CHF.

I think he's had at least as good a year as Hawkins as well. I mean, that night Hawkins kicked 6 isolated against Clurey in the goal square, our man probably would've kicked 12 in that situation.

Powerage

Absurd Caricature
Aug 14, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I think he's had at least as good a year as Hawkins as well. I mean, that night Hawkins kicked 6 isolated against Clurey in the goal square, our man probably would've kicked 12 in that situation.

No he probably would have kicked 6.6. Love the big guy and what he does week in week out against multiple defenders is amazing but I cringe at how much he leans back when he kicks at goal. Can't they fit him with a back brace or something? He does so much right and lets himself down by missing those gettable shots.

Still, another good story like McKenzie of a player who got their body right and smashed it all year and is now in the AA squad and likely the AA team. Hope he can stay in that condition for a couple of more good years yet.

Congrats on becoming an All Australian King Charlie! I've been a little critical of him in recent years, but only because I knew he was capable of reaching the level he's reached this year. He just needed to get his body right and maybe even more importantly get his mind right - now that he's done that, he's close to unstoppable.

Tibbs

The Bearded ZERK!
Sep 9, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
One of these things is not like the other...
Disclaimer:
I love Dicko, and was in his corner from day 1 ... repaying the club & supporters in spades now
Same with Rocky, needs to bring the same next year tho
Glad to trade on the three Port boys, wish them well, but they werent fitting in. We nailed the timing on this trade - finally!
On Hinkley - Happy if he moves on. Has had a great year, & I think he is the best player-connected coach in the league ATM, but his flaws are stark, & needs the quality of assistants we currently have to compensate.

Not all votes listed but top 5 were as follows. Every player could vote 3-2-1 only on players not from their club, but they voted to put up their club's 3 best players to the whole 800 or so players.

Leigh Matthews Trophy for the Most Valuable Player, presented by Torrens University
Lachie Neale – 1120
Travis Boak – 419
Christian Petracca – 398
Tom Hawkins – 370
Jack Steele – 207

Aug 30, 2004
Kaurna Land
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Vikings, Canadiens, Sharks
1601368201907.png