News Two more changes: Saunders (fitness) gone, Hurley New Football Operations Manager ...

Remove this Banner Ad

Smart was COO of the whole organization, this appears to be an operations manager under the football department

Hopefully this means Smart is getting turfed and Kelly is taking on a more overarching role.

Smart was COO of the whole organization, this appears to be an operations manager under the football department

Isn't that Harper. GM of Football Administration isn't he? Building what an empire of first time AFL employees in our footy dept management area. Perhaps this is the restructure Ive been asking for where footy doesn't report to Admin. Admin delivers the budget per AFL spending caps and Kelly runs the footy side without admin influence. Save for shared services ie HR and finance.

Had some dealings with Hurley at a local level in 2019

Very impressive individual

Hopefully he can shine in his role at the Crows and keep us heading in the right direction
Just needs to be thorough and a hard worker.
As someone else said this is really a nuts and bolts role.
Needs to de a very reliable and efficient worker behind the scenes.
If we don’t hear much from him it will be a goodthing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hmmmmm. On the surface of it, Hurley looks like a sh!thouse appointment. Another SANFL person? Hardly picking from the top of the pile are you?

On the other hand, Kelley has been impressive and he obviously knows Hurley well.

I think I know why the news was released with less than an hour to the first final....
Why do you think it was announced then?

It's an incredibly minor announcement of someone joining the admin staff.

Good on him, hope he does well, literally zero people will give a s**t. Glad Kelly seems to have brought in someone he rates, I suppose.

Thank fu** Saunders is gone, another part of the Burton bullshit getting the clear out.
As far as I can tell, Hass survives and appears not to be blamed for the Crows' "hamstring awareness" issues, nor for their appalling fitness of 2020. So, either he's not at fault, or he's the new Teflon.
Anybody know which?

As far as I can tell, Hass survives and appears not to be blamed for the Crows' "hamstring awareness" issues, nor for their appalling fitness of 2020. So, either he's not at fault, or he's the new Teflon.
Anybody know which?

No chance, Hass will be quietly replaced in the next month.

The amount we've bemoaned fitness and even the person there to fix his errors is gone. Unless Hass is also carpooling with Chapman on the coffee run?

Anybody know which?
Or there might be more changes still to come.

Seems an okay appointment but the role is really administration so not a big deal.

This role has nothing to do with Smart's role.

Some more background on him from his last appointment.

Hurley, 31, practised law before joining SANFL as Football Operations Manager of the State League in 2015. He was most recently SANFL’s Head of Football Operations.

As Head of Community Football, Hurley will be responsible for managing the affiliations of the 24 regional Leagues across the State and the metropolitan Adelaide Footy League. He will also oversee the facilities, indigenous programs, participation and game delivery portfolios at SANFL.

Duldig said Hurley’s high performance in managing the League’s football operations had positioned him well to oversee Community Football moving forward.

“Tom’s breadth of football knowledge, strong connections across the football industry and experience in football administration saw him emerge as the ideal candidate to continue to support and strengthen grassroots football throughout the State, ensuring it’s sustainability in the future,” Duldig said.

“Having grown up in the Riverland, Tom also has a great understanding and appreciation of the importance of country footy in regional communities

Remove this Banner Ad

Back