Rumour Tales from the Henley Beach Cafe: CROWS 2021 RUMOURS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So are we still running with the Parfitt rumour? I didn't / couldn't watch tonight so have no idea how he played, but would still be keen on trading him in.
I thought he played pretty well, he's clearly a player who is always looking to dispose the ball as best he can, sometimes over plays it but shows high skills levels. Could be compared to Milera IMO.

Would definately take, worth a trade.

On Pixel 3 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Parfitt was one of their better players but no left foot and no intensity. I’d avoid.

I disagree. He looked very good and actually has poise and skills. I would take him in a microsecond but don't really believe this oft-floated story of coming to us (that would show very poor judgement from Geelong.)

I disagree. He looked very good and actually has poise and skills. I would take him in a microsecond but don't really believe this oft-floated story of coming to us (that would show very poor judgement from Geelong.)

One of the best sub 22 yr olds Geelong has. No way they would get rid of him

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

So are we still running with the Parfitt rumour? I didn't / couldn't watch tonight so have no idea how he played, but would still be keen on trading him in.
Was one of the cats best and we should definitely try and get him. Would be in our top 5 players the moment he walked in the door. They won't give him up without a fight and I would be surprised if we got him. Geelong were awful last night and it was hard to watch. Powaa should now make the grand final against Richmond imo. It won't end well for them as Richmond are the best team going around. Not a fan of them but I hope they embarrass powaa on the big stage.

Last edited:
"ATKINS OFF TO GOLD COAST AS CROWS COOL ON BIG-BODIED MIDFIELDER
Adelaide’s interest in Gold Coast extractor Will Brodie has waned as the club prepares for a compensation pick for departing free agent Rory Atkins.....
The Crows had been linked to Brodie given his exceptional clearance skills but are not believed to be serious suitors for the former top-10 pick."

The Club not actively chasing a a big bodied midfielder sounds like they expect to keep Brad - or that they are confident of getting Hately

He might be good but if the players dont want Kangatech & he was believed to be an expensive signing then you'd imagine there's less need for him.
North are still using KangaTech and Saunders has spent at the club for 2 years now. Surely there'd be other people competent with it's use now?

Their injury issues this year though are hardly a ringing endorsement for this.

Sounds like there's some value to Kangatech, but the key issue appears to be its complexity of use.
I don't know tbh. Is it complex to use, or is it analysing the data provided?

I feel like I am spamming this thread...but here is another journalist 'update'

Jy Caldwell, Jackson Hately and Xavier O’Halloran

Sam says: “These are the first three picks of the 2018 National Draft (for GWS).

“The Giants are digging in letting Caldwell go to St Kilda and they love O’Halloran too because he’s got a bit of a versatility.

“I think Jackson Hately is the one that falls out here, Adelaide prioritised him some time ago.

“He hasn’t pulled the trigger on a move yet, but I’d say that’s a fair chance of happening in the near future."

Edit..maybe some more weight to this since Taranto's manager has just come out and said his client is 100% staying at GWS
I think you put the quotation marks one word too late in your first line.

journalist 'update' 'journalist' update

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I read twice, but for some reason I can't see the comment that Melbourne have 'lowballed' Jack Viney...I'm sure the consistency of reporting is there, it must just be my eyesight.

Jack Viney

Sam says: “It’s sounding like Jack Viney is going to re-sign with Melbourne.

“It’s been a rocky last few months, the Cats have at least touched base here but they were a bit apart on money and that was the initial hurdle they had to overcome.

“Melbourne thought their first offer was reasonable but then the Viney camp went way above what Melbourne thought was fair.

“There’s been a bit of back and forth but I’m hearing they’re just about there (on a new contract).”

Their injury issues this year though are hardly a ringing endorsement for this.

Sounds like there's some value to Kangatech, but the key issue appears to be its complexity of use.
We did fine in the past without kangatech. Send it down the road to Alberton.

Last edited:
Hass is the one holding the position Burgess would fill.

We had to create a position for Saunders when he came in, effectively bridging High Performance and Medical/Physio, an area that the High Performance manage should comfortably cover in the first place, but clearly wasn't.
Is the club looking at anyone other than Burgess? We need too if we aren't. Hass has to go so we should be looking at more than one person in case Burgess stays on at melb.

Is the club looking at anyone other than Burgess? We need too if we aren't. Hass has to go so we should be looking at more than one person in case Burgess stays on at melb.

You would hope so. Nicks and Kelly are clearly working through a process to rebuild our football department and not necessarily doing everything at once. Off field departures are often pretty low key. It may be that Haas has agreed to a relative demotion to work under someone else (possibly Burgess it seems), rather than get let go, knowing that S&C jobs are going to be pretty hard to come by, especially given what Haas has been through with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back