Grand Slam French Open 2020

Who is winning the FO

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Great fighting by both guys here.
Thankfully we don’t have a bullshit tie breaker now to finish it.

They can duke it out properly.

That second set was very telling, lasted for more than an hour. At 5-5 Carballes Baena was able to broke Shapovalov game. But he was unable to close out the game and lose the tie break.

I didn't watch the match till the end and was really tired but there are definitely some amazing shots from both players.

Djokovic-Galan
Garín-Khachanov
Bautista-Carreño
Berrettini-Altmaier

Fucsovics-Monteiro
Rublev-Anderson
Carballes-Dimitrov
Tsitsipas-Bedene

Sonego-Fritz
Gombos-Schwartzman
Wawrinka-Gaston
Thiem-Ruud

Zverev-Cecchinato
Coria-Sinner
Martínez-Korda
Nadal-Travaglia

Halep-Anisimova
Bouchard-Swiatek
Trevisan-Sakkari
Siniakova-Bertens

Svitolina-Alexandrova
Garcia-Mertens
Schmieds-Podoroska
Pironkova-Krejcikova

Sabalenka-Jabeur
Collins-Muguruza
Ferro-Tig
Bara-Kenin

Kvitova-Fernandez
Burel-Zhang
Martic-Siegemund
Badosa-Ostapenko

a couple of things. There is a crazy amount of players outside the top 100 still remaining in the mens(9) and the womens(8) draw. In the women, we are guaranteed a #100 player in the quarter-finals. To say that is life-changing for those 4 players involved in that section is an understatement. Come on Schmieds.

For the men, it is the most players outside the top 100 to reach this stage since Wimbledon 1994!!!!

Still, the 5 main favs in the poll are still in, and only one has been truly tested so far(Muguruza). Thiems road now gets super tough. Wawrinka and Schwatzman have probably been the best outside the top 3, but I can't see anyone getting close to Nadal/Nole til the semis. The next-gen has got to stop getting involved in 5 set matches.

Girls side, Ostapenko has either lost in the first round here or won the tournament. to copy a tweet, it would be so 2020 for her to win it. She looked really good last night. Ferro got a nice winning streak going. Halep gets tested now. Mertens doing Mertens things and hanging around. the most consistent player on tour.

Court 14
Anna Karolina Schmiedlova v Podoroska
Coria v Sinner

Court 7
Martinez v Korda
Krejcikova v Pironkova

That Phillipe Chartier schedule. Those first 2 games are massive. Then a local hope and then some other guy. Not a bad days tennis. Would like to see a bit of Bouchard and Swiatek. Swiatek is one to really watch. how she is not yet seeded is a mystery to me. Always dangerous in the slams despite only being 19. the FFT has been nice to Bertens to give her a late match and probably after another 5 setter for Sascha. Dont hate me, you know it going to happen again.

alas, the weather forecast is, again, not looking great. at least CC will be good viewing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

a couple of things. There is a crazy amount of players outside the top 100 still remaining in the mens(9) and the womens(8) draw. In the women, we are guaranteed a #100 player in the quarter-finals. To say that is life-changing for those 4 players involved in that section is an understatement. Come on Schmieds.

For the men, it is the most players outside the top 100 to reach this stage since Wimbledon 1994!!!!
At the end of the day there are still a lot of strong players left in both draws. What will be really interesting is how many surprises /players out of the top 50, that make the quarters.

So many of the top 32 seeds in the women's draw are out and it's the most amount of new players in the men's draw to make their first 3rd round Si ce 1982.

I think it's a point a few of us have raised in the lead up to the resumption of the tours. With such a huge amount of forced time off for all, there were going to be surprises in the return to tennis. Younger players getting more physical training in with Increased time off the court, players getting older who may struggle with the return. This many new players reaching the 3rd round of the slam is great for the sport.

Umpire robs Ruud, comes off his chair and points to a different mark. Hawkeye proved the ball was out, just as Ruud pointed out, but umpire was claiming it was another ball. Amateurish really.

Hi all. Too much sport on tv tonight. Flicking between tennis both matches and the football. On the Sharpo match last night, when I went to bed he was leading in the third set imagine my surprised when I read the scores and he lost. Sharpo did a fantstic racquet smash last night after the second set I think. I think Sharpo's problem is he is too emotional, he needs to calm down and keep his emotions in check. There are a load of great matches on today.

Back