Bluemour Melting Pot XXIV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Martin and Yeo arent a liability by foot. Theres a reason he prefers the short handball

Martin tries ultra high risk kicks, so I can see why his DE can look pretty bad. Yeo definitely has a tendency to butcher easy kicks.

Oliver kicks the ball too hard, but can turn out some pretty reasonable kicks. He has similar issues with his hands in that he overkicks the ball, which leads to turnovers. There's a much greater margin of error kicking into space than there is firing off a 5-10 metre handball, which can often be recovered or the player can adapt in real time to make a bad handball look better than it is.

I think his kicking can be improved markedly with a bit of instruction. Judd was a pretty bad field kick, but worked it on and knew his limitations - Oliver just needs some more direction with when to kick, and to iron out the mechanics of his action.

Where’d you finish on the ladder Bostonian? Was FB the equivalent of playing centre?

We finished 3rd.

It's more getting across I was prouder of the club achievement from the club than getting a big fat zero from the league. I would think many players would feel the same way.

Maybe Oliver really is feeling underappreciated.

Dustin Martin ranked 4th for clangers, Elliot Yeo first.
Does it mark them down substantially?
Players who win the most ball in contested situations will have a lower efficiency due to the nature of their role
Stats can be very deceiving.

Dusty is one of the best kicks in the comp.

Because he is so good he does try to take it on and kick to options other players would never try

Wtf is the obsession with Narkle, he is a bog average player. We have a handful of players either with a similar ability or better. Fisher, Cunningham, Gibbons

Cunningham promises the World but delivers Phillip Island !!!!
Let’s not go there

I hope if we are talking to Cogs management I hope the conversation is more along the lines of 'here was last years offer, and here is this year reduced offer'.
You come because you want to be here, you want to wear the navy blue, you want to be part of what we are building, not chasing money.

That should be our stance with all incoming negotiations going forward.
If we miss out, we still have plenty of young players still to have a go.

:)

I think it depends on the player. Sometimes you just gotta pay top dollar, if you think the player is worth it.

Although in regards to Cogs specifically, I 100% agree with you. If he's having buyer's remorse, that's his problem. Our offer shouldn't be anywhere near his new GWS contract.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can confirm we are in talks with Oliver and his management. It will be hard to pry him out of Melbourne but you never know.
Not much in re to Saad, Witherden and a few others of interest to us
Club indeed alot more secretive this time round.

If Saad stays at Essendon, do you believe there any chance we keep pick 7 and use it at the draft?

Have we gone completely off Papley?

Was the bees knees last season, not even worth discussing this year?

This isn't directed at anyone in particular... but holy **** we're a picky bunch. Not fast enough, not a good enough kick, not an elite endurance runner, not versatile enough, can't go inside, doesn't have a short kicking game, handballs too often, not a finisher, too selfish, doesn't back themselves in, too similar, wrong type, wrong price, only chasing money, stats paddler, doesn't get enough of it, not loyal because the might want a trade (to us even?!), coming from a club that we have a bad trade experience with once, did something once that annoyed people, his dad pissed some people off 30 years ago, has a haircut or tattoos that someone opposes for some reason....
Ha ha, but happy to support a s**t under performing Rabble for 20 years .. Ah the irony! Get in the Austin and get recruiting you good thing.

I'm having visions of them in the weights room together over the summer, getting all big and sweaty...

Err, I mean, yeah, huge opportunity for Kemp to learn from the best.

Excuse me, I need a cold shower...
Apologies for that, hope the cold shower helped!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back