General Bombers Talk Questions and discussions that don't warrant a thread

Jon Anderson said that the following Whisper in yesterday's Herald Sun was about Jack Jones, then quoted bits of the tribute mentioned:
"Which high-profile tv presenter's gushing social media tribute about an AFL legend raised eyebrows, given it was later revealed that their relationship amounted to a brief chat and a club function?"

Anderson didn't name the person, but he quoted a bit of this tweet from Candice Wyatt. Anderson suggested that some of the Jones family were bemused, given that they spoke for about 4 minutes. Was she trying to get some attention?

I don't get the fuss. Did someone get bored of writing lists?

Anyone know if Jules left Foxtel of his own accord, or is another casualty of hard times.

Personally I will miss him, is/was more down to earth than many others.
First I've heard of it. He's a good Labor Essendon man.

the PILL

Club Legend
Jul 29, 2007
VICTORIA
AFL Club
Essendon
Sheeds on the Front Bar in fine form letting quite a bit of gold go and going on about some of his approaches, including how ruthless he was upsetting/cleaning out deadwood in the club that was holding them back (players, coaches, admin)

60% list turned over during his first year. Dang!

I also did not know he had spies attend other clubs training sessions as players doing actual ball work etc... lol

Not sure if this is the right place...my big footy font has gone real small (not other websites). Does anyone know where to adjust. Thanks.
That would most likely be the browser settings on your device, but depending on what device you have the setting would be in a different menu. Usually the view menu on a computer, and in the settings app on a phone.

If it's computer, ctrl-plus or ctrl-mousewheel (or apple key maybe?)
ctrl on a windows computer is called "command" on a Mac, and it works the same way. But it zooms the whole browser, not just the text size. You can change just the text size from the view menu holding down the "option" key (probably alt on a windows PC), but if he's not using a Mac or a computer that doesn't help much lol

Thefly38

Club Legend
Sep 12, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Arsenal , LA Clippers , Seattle SH
This worth anything ?

Attachments

• 15D4445E-4BCD-43E6-965F-7859F3AC3FDA.jpeg
    15D4445E-4BCD-43E6-965F-7859F3AC3FDA.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 134

KevDawg

EFC & GWS
Jun 6, 2015
Now Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Essendon, GWS & Giants Womens
Does anyone have a youtube link to the last game Glen Archer played against the Bombers, where James Hird asked to swap guernseys with him.
I can’t find that anywhere.

idk where to put this but if anyone is looking for a new knife set with BOMBERS all over it... apparently we have some sort of sponsorship thing going with Baccarat? Not sure if it's a club sponsorship or (more likely) one of those AFL imposed partnerships.

Comes complete with 60% discount, just like the informercials.

Screen Shot 2020-12-07 at 16.13.50.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-07 at 16.14.07.png

🤔

Foxx

Premiership Player
Jul 18, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Can someone do a phantom Essendon team?
A side we technically would/should've had without the effects of the drugs saga - etc. Players who left, stripped draft selections - players we would probably have picked.
A possible side from the last 10 years including those like Saad Daniher Fantasia etc.

Back