Universal Love Simmo announces Retirement :((

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
#ThankYouSimmo

giphy.gif

If there was ever a player in my lifetime who epitomized side before self, it was Kade Simpson.

Game hasn't started yet and I am getting emotional 😭😭😭😭

Feb 16, 2013
Where the sun don't shine
AFL Club
Carlton
It seems it wasnt his decision. Interviewed before the game and when asked when he knew time was up, he said:
- 2 weeks ago he met with Teague and Simmo was asked what he wanted to do
- He thought he wanted to go on
- Adter speaking with them, he decided his time as up

azlou

Club Legend
Mar 31, 2010
hampton
AFL Club
Carlton
A couple of years ago I got m M Kennedy signature number on my sons jersey signed on a ball Then some one who’s been delisted didn’t care then near the goals after the rush of sighings I called out to Simmo asked for autograph gave us a ok you got me look came signed the ball my 5 year old asked who is he Simmo could hear as he walked off I said loud he is one of the super Legends of the Carlton football club Son

Feb 8, 2012
Publican Baghdad Ritz
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
+500 metres gained tonight.

Legend of the game. Could easily go one more season, credit to him for bowing out while still at the top end.

I guess it's sad for me because I'm 33, I'm seeing dudes my age going out, brings it home that I'm old now.

Anyway kudos to Simmo, champion in my books.
Thanks for popping in and paying your respects mate.

ClaytonM

Premiership Player
Jan 20, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Collingwood
As a Carlton hater there is not much I like about your club, but Kade Simpson is one of them.

Just admire how he went about his business and how consistent he has been over the journey. Pity (for him) it has been such a lean period for your club. Not doubt he could have gone elsewhere looking for glory but chose to stay.

Last edited:

Kramer1

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 8, 2007
AFL Club
Carlton
It seems it wasnt his decision. Interviewed before the game and when asked when he knew time was up, he said:
- 2 weeks ago he met with Teague and Simmo was asked what he wanted to do
- He thought he wanted to go on
- Adter speaking with them, he decided his time as up
This was clear enough in his speech through the week...definitely wanted to go on. Think we'll hear a bit more about this.

This was clear enough in his speech through the week...definitely wanted to go on. Think we'll hear a bit more about this.
Would rather Simmo went on than either Murph or Eddie tbh.
Ah well. Have to trust those involved to know a bit more than this blue horse.

May 10, 2007
Under the table
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
What a club great. Thanks Simmo for all the wonderful memories.

And when they put up a statue of you outside Princes Park, this is the pose I want them to use. None of this standing up looking triumphant BS.... the Simmo I will remember forever is definitely horizontal, either from being poleaxed in a contest or chasing/diving to your absolute limits.

1601025045800.jpeg

Blueballs38

Premiership Player
Feb 27, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Sent a text into SEN when I heard about Simmo's retirement, Gary and Tim read it out loud which got me chuffed .... just found out today it was text of the week ... 2 Tempur pillows coming my way valued at close to $600

Thx Simmo, the gift that just gave and gave to all us Blue supporters.

Apr 21, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Sent a text into SEN when I heard about Simmo's retirement, Gary and Tim read it out loud which got me chuffed .... just found out today it was text of the week ... 2 Tempur pillows coming my way valued at close to $600

Thx Simmo, the gift that just gave and gave to all us Blue supporters.
Well done 38 .Pillows sound fantastic. Like Simmo .

Blueballs38

Premiership Player
Feb 27, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Well done 38 .Pillows sound fantastic. Like Simmo .

Just for those interested here is the text ....

I would be hard pressed to think of another player who displayed all the traits in our great game that we truly love.
Courage, determination, never say die attitude and just god damn grit. And all with a body that looked like it could be snapped in half at any moment!
Always went when it was his turn, always went when it wasn't.
Enjoy your retirement you great warrior.
I for one will miss you next year.
If the world was filled with Kade Simpson's Corona would be running for cover!

Go Blues!

Just for those interested here is the text ....

I would be hard pressed to think of another player who displayed all the traits in our great game that we truly love.
Courage, determination, never say die attitude and just god damn grit. And all with a body that looked like it could be snapped in half at any moment!
Always went when it was his turn, always went when it wasn't.
Enjoy your retirement you great warrior.
I for one will miss you next year.
If the world was filled with Kade Simpson's Corona would be running for cover!

Go Blues!
I heard that broadcast. Loved it. :thumbsu: 💙

Blueballs38

Premiership Player
Feb 27, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
when was this?
Day he announced his retirement, the morning after in the morning probably around 8 Amish if I remember correctly. Fair while ago obviously ..... a lady from SEN called me yesterday To inform me.

Those Tempur products are way expensive!

Looking forward to dreaming about my blue boyzzzz on the pillows haha

Back