Remove this Banner Ad

scottishfiction

Team Captain
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Didcot, Yateley, Winnersh, Taplow
– Clayton Collard kicking a goal against no one at the city end of Subi in his one and only game, hugely talented but couldn't hack regimentation
– Pav giving a goal to young Josh Simpson against St Kilda at Etihad when they were retiring half their list; saw this and found it very nice
– Ryan Nyhuis four on debut
– Max Duffy. how did he not get more games? s**t bloke but ffs
– Casey Sibosado getting 1 goal from 1 kick and then ruining his WAFL career because of it
– Josh Head being absolutley ******* s**t
– Clayton Hinkley caring more about his hair than footy

u?

– Clayton Collard kicking a goal against no one at the city end of Subi in his one and only game, hugely talented but couldn't hack regimentation
– Pav giving a goal to young Josh Simpson against St Kilda at Etihad when they were retiring half their list; saw this and found it very nice
– Ryan Nyhuis four on debut
– Max Duffy. how did he not get more games? sh*t bloke but ffs
– Casey Sibosado getting 1 goal from 1 kick and then ruining his WAFL career because of it
– Josh Head being absolutley ******* sh*t
– Clayton Hinkley caring more about his hair than footy

u?
Yeah I thought Duffy was terrific when he played. Couldn't wait to see him again and we never did. Could never work that one out.
Sibosado I watched a bit of in the WAFL and he had absolutely sublime skills.

Brock 0'brian was another I thought looked good but could never stay on the park.
I'm still convinced Pitt would have been a very very good player. Almost the best kick I've seen off a standing start on either leg. I saw some old footage the other day with him and he was so classy.
I guess Morabito isn't exactly forgotten but some of the stuff he did in his first year was incredible. Him and Fyfe, what could have been.

Despite my oft stated preference for watching classy players for some reason I had an unreasonable soft spot for Dodd. Bloke seriously never took a backward step in his life.

Trent Carroll when he played against Saverio Rocca at Victoria Park in 98 (think he kicked 11 goals - most of them on Trent)
Jay Van Berlo when he kicked four goals against the Bulldogs in 2011

- Like heypenny said, Van Berlo kicking 4 goals against the Dogs, Bradley had 4 that night too.
- Peter Faulks playing his first game and getting injured that same night.
- Jack Anthony's shambolic play on against Carlton in 2012
- Clancee Pearce long bomb from outside 50 against Brisbane in 2012
- Silvagni holding Buddy in 2014

Yeah I thought Duffy was terrific when he played. Couldn't wait to see him again and we never did. Could never work that one out.

Brock 0'brian was another I thought looked good but could never stay on the park.
I'm still convinced Pitt would have been a very very good player. Almost the best kick I've seen off a standing start on either leg. I saw some old footage the other day with him and he was so classy.
I guess Morabito isn't exactly forgotten but some of the stuff he did in his first year was incredible. Him and Fyfe, what could have been.

Despite my oft stated preference for watching classy players for some reason I had an unreasonable soft spot for Dodd. Bloke seriously never took a backward step in his life.

Duffy should have got more of a go. Can't remember the podcast, but think it was Barlow that said Duffy got an almighty spray in the rooms after his debut by Ross. Something about a soft effort from Duffy with Ross being sarcastic about his efforts in the gym equating to nothing.

I can't remember Dodd being that classy tbh. Shame about both Mora and Pitt. Brock was okay but will never forget his efforts against Wonamieri (not sure of the correct spelling) in that infamous match against the Dees in 2008. Brock couldn't keep up and made him look like a superstar. Dees came back from 50 points down to win. Good times.

Duffy should have got more of a go. Can't remember the podcast, but think it was Barlow that said Duffy got an almighty spray in the rooms after his debut by Ross. Something about a soft effort from Duffy with Ross being sarcastic about his efforts in the gym equating to nothing.

I can't remember Dodd being that classy tbh. Shame about both Mora and Pitt. Brock was okay but will never forget his efforts against Wonamieri (not sure of the correct spelling) in that infamous match against the Dees in 2008. Brock couldn't keep up and made him look like a superstar. Dees came back from 50 points down to win. Good times.
I wrote DESPITE my preference for classy players I (for some reason loved Dodd).
Yeah Brock was pretty old school Not exactly quick and fit but gee he played a real blinder one day that made me think he had a future.

Dodd played most games then for some reason got ousted. i wonder why? he played 100 games and retired at 27?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tim Ruffles playing one game in 2010 and needing knee reconstruction after, got thumped by 116 in Tassie that day.

So sad. A highlight was when he kicked a checkside goal in a Western Derby win early in 09. Another forgotten player around that time was Justin Bollenhagen. I remember him kicking such a classy goal at a practice match at Fremantle Oval - thinking gee this guy's going to be a player. Not to be.

As a kid I was on the Andrew Shipp bandwagon, had a breakout game his first season but then he just disappeared? Can’t remember.

Other than that whenever I see Bewely with the ball I get flashbacks of Brad Bootsma.

one of the biggest loudmouths at the club and then shits his pants when he hears footsteps five metres away in a big final...

Loud mouth is unfair, the playing group absolutely love him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back