Series resumes in May...

Sun., May 17Cup SeriesDarlington400 milesFOX3:30 p.m. ET
Tue., May 19Xfinity SeriesDarlington200 milesFS18 p.m. ET
Wed., May 20Cup SeriesDarlington500 kmFS17:30 p.m. ET
Sun., May 24Cup SeriesCharlotte600 milesFOX6 p.m. ET
Mon., May 25Xfinity SeriesCharlotte300 milesFS17:30 p.m. ET
Tue., May 26Gander TrucksCharlotte200 milesFS18 p.m. ET
Wed., May 27Cup SeriesCharlotte500 kmFS18 p.m. ET

Pretty cool show of solidarity today pre the race.
Well done to NASCAR for that.
Mike Joy struggling to keep it together

If the image of the King Richard Petty hugging Bubba doesn't send the message , i don't know if anything ever will.

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Launceston FC
Looks like the noose was actually fashioned out of the garage door rope and not only had been there for a couple of years but is actually a popular thing to do in the US (wtf??)
Also Bubba never actually saw the noose.
Annnnnd of course this has kicked off the trump supporters that it was a setup, a blow up etc...

If I was assigned a garage for an event and saw the noose I'd be a bit freaked out as I have opened some garage doors in my time and have never seen one fashioned into a noose!!

Feb 11, 2012
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Looks like the noose was actually fashioned out of the garage door rope and not only had been there for a couple of years but is actually a popular thing to do in the US (wtf??)
Also Bubba never actually saw the noose.
Annnnnd of course this has kicked off the trump supporters that it was a setup, a blow up etc...

If I was assigned a garage for an event and saw the noose I'd be a bit freaked out as I have opened some garage doors in my time and have never seen one fashioned into a noose!!

******* hell... NASCAR shooting themselves in the foot with this stunt. Good luck shaming the confederate flag NASCAR mobs after this.

NotAMagpieBogan

Premiership Player
Mar 17, 2014
Vic
AFL Club
Collingwood
Since when is NASCAR back live on Foxtel? They had been showing 1 hour highlights for the past year or so, but I must’ve completely missed the announcement about races being live again

Since when is NASCAR back live on Foxtel? They had been showing 1 hour highlights for the past year or so, but I must’ve completely missed the announcement about races being live again
It’s very hit and miss, they do the odd one live.

NotAMagpieBogan

Premiership Player
Mar 17, 2014
Vic
AFL Club
Collingwood
I’m not super familiar with dirt tracks but I feel Bristol might be a bit too big for dirt? It’s going to be pretty fast for dirt as well, the trucks are pretty slow at Eldora because of how small the track is.

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
Interesting... - dirt??

A must watch.

Be interesting to see if Kody Swanson gets drive, he's king of the Silver Crown series & they run at Bristol (1/2 mile) & one mile tracks on dirt & sealed too.
He runs in the feeder series for the Nascar main game.

Last edited:
Did anyone know one of the Davidson brothers is in the Cup series?

Bristol on dirt, strange.

The Xfinity race at the Indy road coarse was really good this year, so that should be good.

Last edited:
Who are you thinking of ? Australians?

James Davidson, he is actually the cousin of Will and Alex. Should have done my own research instead of listening to my old man.

They won't let him race at Talladega this week.

Why not? Do you need a super speedway licence?
Actually he is allowed this time, it was the last Talladega race that they wouldn't allow him.

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
James Davidson, he is actually the cousin of Will and Alex. Should have done my own research instead of listening to my old man.

They won't let him race at Talladega this week.

Davison might give a better result.
Anthony Davidson drove F1 & is on the F1 coverage & simulator driver for Mercedes.

Qual 38th at Talledega.

Davison might give a better result.
Anthony Davidson drove F1 & is on the F1 coverage & simulator driver for Mercedes.

Qual 38th at Talledega.

Didn’t get to sleep till close to 6am last night 😁