Welcome Welcome National Draft Pick #13 - Jordan Gallucci

Remove this Banner Ad

Gallucci's moustache doesn't look as ridiculous when accompanied by a beard.

He actually looks like a normal, functioning adult now.

I'd be ok with him taking the one year deal we had originally lined up for D Mac

I get the impression that’s the plan dependent on what the list sizes are going to be for 2021.
Worth another year as I think he’s got plenty still to offer IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I get the impression that’s the plan dependent on what the list sizes are going to be for 2021.
Worth another year as I think he’s got plenty still to offer IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Sounds like list sizes aren't changing much.

Hasn't shown anywhere near enough after 27 games for a 2 year deal. I'd be happy to delist or at best rookie.

We must have been watching different games. I haven’t seen him get opportunities since he’s been here. He had showed something.

For a club that talks non stop about continuity, they sure didn’t afford this bloke any. I’m not overly fussed what happens to him, but we are completely responsible for mismanaging this kids development. We need speed and X-factor and this kids got it. I’d hate to see us let him go without giving him a fair crack.

Seems like a good bloke but he's had a fair shake of the sauce bottle and doesn't seem like he's got 'it'.

Hopefully, we don't feel obligated to keep him on the list for another year due to his injury when we're going to have a heap of youth coming through and list spots are more valuable than ever.

I'd only offer him a rookie spot with the likelihood at least 2 - 4 rookie spots are still going to be available whatever the main list becomes...I suspect 38 and 2 - 4 rookie spots. Given he's unlikely to play much or indeed no football in 2021 that would be a reasonable outcome for both parties, if he won't come at that trade/delist.
Mutineer, you say that Gallucci is unlikely 'to play much or indeed no football' next year. Is this because of injury and fitness concerns, attitude, or do you think that he just doesn't have enough talent and that too many have gone and will go past him on the pecking order?

Mutineer, you say that Gallucci is unlikely 'to play much or indeed no football' next year. Is this because of injury and fitness concerns, attitude, or do you think that he just doesn't have enough talent and that too many have gone and will go past him on the pecking order?

Because of his snapped achilles. I wonder how his recovery is going post-surgery.

I'd only offer him a rookie spot with the likelihood at least 2 - 4 rookie spots are still going to be available whatever the main list becomes...I suspect 38 and 2 - 4 rookie spots. Given he's unlikely to play much or indeed no football in 2021 that would be a reasonable outcome for both parties, if he won't come at that trade/delist.

Ive been a fan of Gooch, but I’d agree. I think there’s genuine talent there and it’s hard to give up on an investment, but I’m not sure I’d be offering him a main list spot either. If we’re genuinely looking at 38+4/40+2, a rookie spot is a reasonable compromise. Also allows us to stick by a lad with a bad injury.

Didn't they say it was a 9 - 12 month rehab?

If I remember correctly Mutineer mentioned Gooch never really ripped a game apart as a junior and sure as hell hasn't done so as a senior.

So even with injuries aside Gooch doing anything more than waste a list spot would be a massive win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If I remember correctly Mutineer mentioned Gooch never really ripped a game apart as a junior and sure as hell hasn't done so as a senior.

So even with injuries aside Gooch doing anything more than waste a list spot would be a massive win.
He appears to have all the tools, but yep for whatever reason nothing has worked out.

Him being prioritised over Mackay is a no brainer and shouldn't he be playing early next year? Roughead did his in round 12 and suited up round 2 of the next year. VB played round 2 following doing his in the previous preseason. Surely Gooch lines up in the 2s very early in 2021.

His huge vertical leap is one of the biggest weapons. And a torn achilles?

Hmmm.
Do we have any examples of younger guys coming back from these and showing their athleticism? Only couple that pop into mind are Van Berlo and Kobe Bryant, both at the end of their careers when they did so it's hard to know how much is attributed to the torn achillies vs their age.

Do we have any examples of younger guys coming back from these and showing their athleticism? Only couple that pop into mind are Van Berlo and Kobe Bryant, both at the end of their careers when they did so it's hard to know how much is attributed to the torn achillies vs their age.

Roughy played half a dozen quality seasons after his. Speed wasn't part of his arsenal though, so not sure he's a good example. VB was pretty much done before doing his.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back