Game Day 2nd Elim Final, 2020 - St Kilda v Western Bulldogs Saturday 3 October 2020 - 4:40 PM (AEST)

Who kicks our first goal?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The guys lower down in the pecking order actually held their own tonight top tier need to lift in big games in my opinion. Time to go hard at the trade table and make some drastic coaching changes
We cant go hard at the trade table this year unfortunately which makes our decision to not offer Howard a big deal even more baffling.

Several of our players were very ordinary including a couple of revered midfielders but this game was lost in the ruck fair and square. I'm beginning to think that Beveridge doesn't learn from past mistakes. Much of what I saw tonight was evident in our last game against StKilda. We knew that Saints have two good ruckmen and they had beaten us up in the last game. So, we repeat our same setup; this is down to the coach.

English smiling might have been unintentional and a nervous Reaction. Yes he struggled big time but the coach has thrown him to the wolves this year with no support. The players put in but geez I would hate to be them with an inept tactician in charge

Well at least we fought it out to the end. Too bad we didn't start to fight sooner. I'm not as embarrassed now as I was earlier, just effin frustrated.

Lol this is their grand final and the celebrations showed it

Don't understand this take. They said the same about every one of our wins in 2016.

Let them celebrate the day, it was a massive effort and focus on next week from tomorrow

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't know how to feel. Really think we are the better side but I respect what the saints do and the way they go about it. The domination around the ruck and consistent crap entries inside fifty killed us

Well put spot on

Only reason we got close was because Saints froze up. When you take that many contested marks and stand up countless times in tackles and get the ball away you deserve to win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good effort in the end
However it’s pretty clear we are to short
We need a complete appraisal of all positions, in the office and on the field

If we had a ruck that could even get close to halving the ruck contests over four quarters, we 100% win that game. But Bevo likes the extra challenge.

If Trengove or a newly recruited mature ruck isn’t playing regularly next year I’m done.

Happy to be called a fair weather supporter or whatever, but members are being treated with disrespect when the leaders of your club treat a vital part of the game with complete disdain. I’m fed up being ******* gaslighted just because he’s a premiership coach. It’s utter negligence and not befitting a professional sporting organisation.

So annoyed and angry with how that played out. That was an extremely winnable final and we lose it to the same stupid reasons we have lost most of our games the last few years. If we don’t do something about our ruck situation next season, then we have the biggest pig headed coach in the league. We constantly lost field position directly related to the outcome of ruck contests and were always on the back foot. You can’t structure up that way and expect to win finals football. Not good enough from the coaching staff to continue to allow this to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back