Autopsy Jesse Hogan - Worth 220 Points

Remove this Banner Ad

Put it this way. October 9 2018 it was reported that Liam Ryan had in June, been up all night boozing, got into it with his (now) wife with some indications of a domestic dispute, got into his car at 6am, drove with an alcohol reading of .139, slammed into a tree and initially fled the scene. Just six days later police were called to a house he was staying at in Kalbarri at 3.20am where he was issued with a 72 hr police order and his (now) wife interviewed at the scene.

What was made of this?

“He knows he’s made a bit of a blue, which he has to deal with and we’ll help him out" Jeremy McGovern

Now, think about this. Replace the word "Liam Ryan" with "Jesse Hogan" and tell me the reaction to the story, and coverage, would have been the same.
At what point will Jesse's behaviour concern you? The next indiscretion? The one after or never?

This place is full of holier than thou finger pointers.
Jesse kicks a bit of leather around for a living, he doesn't have to be a saint.
If he doesn't do the job he was employed for he will be replaced.
It's also full of a fair few excuse makers.

At what point will Jesse's behaviour concern you? The next indiscretion? The one after or never?
No doubt it's concerning to some degree. I'm just not joining the pile on as a poorly-thought-out knee jerk reaction. Some of the reactions on here are like he's Ted Bundy.

No one's making excuses - they're using a balanced judgment on the indiscretion as opposed to just going off the deep end because you know.. Jesse.
It’s fairly obvious that those defending him are looking at this in isolation and those of us being critical are basing our assessments on the cumulative effect of numerous incidents.
I agree the quarantine breach is minor but I maintain that the pattern of behaviour is concerning.
Maybe we should just all agree to disagree and wait and see how this thread evolves over the summer. I really hope Jesse proves me wrong because I do want him to succeed. I’m pretty sure everyone here does.

You're obviously a saint so finger point all you want.
Thanks. I will.

Do you know how many of our young fellas can’t even go home to their families for Xmas? Yet Jesse needs to get his end in so he has to bend the rules? Get your hand off it Salim.

It’s fairly obvious that those defending him are looking at this in isolation and those of us being critical are basing our assessments on the cumulative effect of numerous incidents.
I agree the quarantine breach is minor but I maintain that the pattern of behaviour is concerning.
Maybe we should just all agree to disagree and wait and see how this thread evolves over the summer. I really hope Jesse proves me wrong because I do want him to succeed. I’m pretty sure everyone here does.
Sometimes the incident is so minor it deserves to be viewed in isolation.

Thanks. I will.

Do you know how many of our young fellas can’t even go home to their families for Xmas? Yet Jesse needs to get his end in so he has to bend the rules? Get your hand off it Salim.

As I said you're obviously a saint but trying to blame Jesse for the lockdown even for some one as pure as you is a long bow.

As I said you're obviously a saint but trying to blame Jesse for the lockdown even for some one as pure as you is a long bow.
You want to call me names because I have an opinion? Why don’t you take your condescending bulls**t somewhere else.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because he’s let the team down. The AFL doesn’t decide our culture or tell us how we manage our brand.
Oh, I understand Jesse will have to face the music.

My concern all along has been the way this has played out and the level of vitriol directed at an individual who is one of our own, and who probably could do with cool heads around him right now. We just aren't getting that at the moment. What we're getting is a level of outrage disproportionate to the indiscretion. I hope the club remains calm, firm but fair.

Anyway, I've more that said my peace and apologies for the long-winded responses. I can't help but think I'm now becoming part of the problem by adding fuel to the fire, so I'll step off here.

Cheers for the convo all.

My concern all along has been the way this has played out and the level of vitriol directed at an individual who is one of our own, and who probably could do with cool heads around him right now. We just aren't getting that at the moment. What we're getting is a level of outrage disproportionate to the indiscretion. I hope the club remains calm, firm but fair.

Anyway, I've more that said my peace and apologies for the long-winded responses. I can't help but think I'm now becoming part of the problem by adding fuel to the fire, so I'll step off here.

agree with you.

id be happy if it’s little to no punishment tbh...it’s so minor a thing as to be negligible.
his girlfriend visited...other players live with theirs. 15 minutes a day..like that is being observed.
They then move into the community...it’s horse s**t tbh

Eagles losing tonight is good for Jesse as it will take the heat off him over the next few days

This place is full of holier than thou finger pointers.
Jesse kicks a bit of leather around for a living, he doesn't have to be a saint.
If he doesn't do the job he was employed for he will be replaced.
Who wants him to be a saint?
All he has to do is follow the law and do what his employer tells him to do. That's all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back