Game Day AFL 1st Elimination Final: West Coast Eagles vs Collingwood @ Optus 6.10 pm AWST Saturday 3rd of October 2020.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tugga27

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 19, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
End of the day, we were let down by our midfield. Kelly and Shuey were just terrible.

Barrass got torn a new one.
Tom Cole has fallen off a cliff.

We have 3 genuine spuds in the side being Ainsworth, Ah Chee and Petro. Honestly, whoever is responsible for giving Petro a new 3 year deal needs an arse kicking.

Apart from Yeo, pretty much at full strength.
I can see us dropping off a bit next year as I can't see where the improvement will come from.

That we have to play those spuds speaks volumes about are lack of death.

Come on Brisbane.

triplegee

All Australian
May 13, 2003
Bangkok, Thailand
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool; Perth Wildcats
Umpires were sub-standard but weren't the reason we lost.

Too many players below their average, let alone their best. Kelly & Shuey both contributed very little and our backline continues to be too loose. Gov may be one of the best interceptors in the league but he's also one of the least accountable defenders going around.

Pettrucelle 8 dream team points is embarrassing. Has zero game sense.

triplegee

All Australian
May 13, 2003
Bangkok, Thailand
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool; Perth Wildcats
Man, we had the play. We got it to our money man in the middle of the ground...and he f’ed it. I honestly thought that was going Coast to Coast and we’d get a score out of it.
Yep.
Screenshot_20201003_194942.jpeg

On LYA-L29 using BigFooty.com mobile app

3agles87

Team Captain
Feb 24, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
There is no fix here, we are 2nd to the ball, zero pressure from our forward line makes it near on impossible for our backs to stop this.

Give it up on the umps, we lost that, JK 3 goals 4 and two of those were set shots, which he should kick, we went missing far to much during the game and the first quarter when we needed them the mids were invisible and we let Cox kick 3 easy goals from poor work from Barrass.

Are you kidding. It is one thing for a team not to maximise their chances, and it is another thing for umpiring to swing so many crucial moments. Yes, our midfield should have been better, yes JK missed opportunities he should not have missed, and Ainsworth and ah Chee’s out on the full proved crucial. Barass was terrible all night.

That does not give the umpires a pass mark. Blatant holding the ball at half forward for pies not called. Goal to pies. Gov deliberate. Goal pies. Similar thing happens multiple times after that, no call. Blocking on Shuey when darling marks, goal pies. Blocking at every contest unnoticed, but most noticeably in last quarter when when Ryan taken out on the fifty. Somehow picked it out as a free kick to the pies at the most crucial of times, and even then marginal by the standards of the crap they don’t call.

Your first post above was irritating, but your second post is bullshit. Anyone who watched that game and does not think the umps had a massive influence on the outcome has their head up their arse. We should have won but didn’t. Our own players are to blame, but so are the umps. Fix was in early, you just didn’t see it. And for a private investigator, I would have thought you would have considered all the evidence.

FreeTK

Premiership Player
Oct 2, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
Are you kidding. It is one thing for a team not to maximise their chances, and it is another thing for umpiring to swing so many crucial moments. Yes, our midfield should have been better, yes JK missed opportunities he should not have missed, and Ainsworth and ah Chee’s out on the full proved crucial. Barass was terrible all night.

That does not give the umpires a pass mark. Blatant holding the ball at half forward for pies not called. Goal to pies. Gov deliberate. Goal pies. Similar thing happens multiple times after that, no call. Blocking on Shuey when darling marks, goal pies. Blocking at every contest unnoticed, but most noticeably in last quarter when when Ryan taken out on the fifty. Somehow picked it out as a free kick to the pies at the most crucial of times, and even then marginal by the standards of the crap they don’t call.

Your first post above was irritating, but your second post is bullshit. Anyone who watched that game and does not think the umps had a massive influence on the outcome has their head up their arse. We should have won but didn’t. Our own players are to blame, but so are the umps. Fix was in early, you just didn’t see it. And for a private investigator, I would have thought you would have considered all the evidence.

Every team that loses feels this exact same way.

Richmond feel like they got reamed by umps on Friday (they didn't).

FreeTK

Premiership Player
Oct 2, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
End of the day, we were let down by our midfield. Kelly and Shuey were just terrible.

Barrass got torn a new one.
Tom Cole has fallen off a cliff.

We have 3 genuine spuds in the side being Ainsworth, Ah Chee and Petro. Honestly, whoever is responsible for giving Petro a new 3 year deal needs an arse kicking.

Apart from Yeo, pretty much at full strength.
I can see us dropping off a bit next year as I can't see where the improvement will come from.

That we have to play those spuds speaks volumes about are lack of death.

Come on Brisbane.

I actually don't mind Petrucelle being on the list, but he isn't ready for AFL standard footy and needs to develop more.

The fact he is currently B22 is an indictment on our depth in his position.

3agles87

Team Captain
Feb 24, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
Every team that loses feels this exact same way.

Richmond feel like they got reamed by umps on Friday (they didn't).
So what are you telling me of any value, I assume sweet f all. Do you agree or disagree with my comment or do you just like hearing the tip tap of your keyboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back