Pre game - Joker and the Thief

Remove this Banner Ad

dkalphy

All Australian
Sep 17, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
I'm sorry but after seeing Port fans sing never tear us apart pre game, made me think we need to bring this back before the game.

Better yet, eagles fan should have some sort of input on this, we have to loud of a fan base,amazing stadium for the players to just run out. Wouldn't mind Joker and the thief being played 1 minutes before the opening bounce instead of when they run out.

Can we get a petition going?

They switched it to Can’t Stop by the Chilis this year, with Joker & Thief getting played at the start of the final quarter.

Incidentally the Dockers did those same two songs the other way around.

We do the “Join the Huddle” thing, which is good but over too quickly. We should stay standing and making noise until the ball is bounced.

I was going to make a post about how well our club has nailed the pre-quarter songs.

Team run out song: Red Hot Chilli Peppers - Cant stop. Awesome guitar and drums.

1st quarter: Original Eagles countdown to aboriginal tune that gets faster with Eagle on bigscreen flapping its wings and going for the kill.

2nd quarter: Cant remember right now.

3rd quarter: Foo fighters -The pretender. Great intro to that song that gets the crowd pumped up, and at night looks amd sound amazing with the stadium lights firing.

4th quarter: Wolfmother - Joker and the thief. Another great intro song

Hats off to whoever is in charge of song selection at Optus Stadium for West Coast because its the best its ever been.

I was going to make a post about how well our club has nailed the pre-quarter songs.

Team run out song: Red Hot Chilli Peppers - Cant stop. Awesome guitar and drums.

1st quarter: Original Eagles countdown to aboriginal tune that gets faster with Eagle on bigscreen flapping its wings and going for the kill.

2nd quarter: Cant remember right now.

3rd quarter: Foo fighters -The pretender. Great intro to that song that gets the crowd pumped up, and at night looks amd sound amazing with the stadium lights firing.

4th quarter: Wolfmother - Joker and the thief. Another great intro song

Hats off to whoever is in charge of song selection at Optus Stadium for West Coast because its the best its ever been.
That 3rd quarter song sums up our last 2 seasons.

The never tear us apart thing by port makes me cringe tbh.
Yep, it's slow and soppy.
Being there amongst it is even worse.
I just feels like they've all been brainwashed to sway side to side, holding their Scarfe and singing that slow crap. Why they still do it I dont know..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back