Welcome Welcome National Draft Pick #13 - Jordan Gallucci

Remove this Banner Ad

Went to several SANFL games that he played in. Very underwhelming performances. Hasnt found his place at either level. Seems like a good guy.

Struggling to remember him ever taking a decent grab. No point having elite athleticism if you can't apply it to the game.
He's the poster child for when we draft a midfielder and then play him at half forward where the ball never goes and then wonder why he's not doing much.

Although apparently right now we are preferring Jones in that role. :)

Former Kangaroos skipper Andrew Swallow also the other one that comes to mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

He's nearly as short a recovery as Roughy, did it in round 18 and returned to AFL round 9 following year. Not sure where the talk of a season and a half comes from. Roughy round 12 and returned round 2. VB the only full season and his was a very different event. Not sure whether having it severed by an external agent impacted his recovery though. It is like a knee in that it gets talked about as a 12 month injury. More like 10, but close enough. But nothing like the 18 months being talked about in here. Unless there's specific information on why Gooch's prognosis is much worse than standard.

He's the poster child for when we draft a midfielder and then play him at half forward where the ball never goes and then wonder why he's not doing much.

Although apparently right now we are preferring Jones in that role. :)

We're very rigid with our 18 field positions. Not a lot of midfield time until you make the group of 5. Defenders are defenders, forwards are forward and mids are mids. And never the twain shall meet. Might see some changes with fresh ideas from a completely rebuilt coaching group. Hopefully VB picked up lots of different ideas at West Coast because his experience with us is of limited value in terms of bringing different ideas.

which is what certain posters have been predicting.
It was never going to be worse than 40, and now seems really clearly like it will be 42.

It was never going to be worse than 40, and now seems really clearly like it will be 42.

I still don't understand the logic. The players will ultimately agree to a set % reduction of the full TPP. What benefit is there having 2 less on the lists, the $ saving is still the same. And the league is transitioning to a seconds comp, so reducing list numbers seems a bit odd.

If I remember correctly Mutineer mentioned Gooch never really ripped a game apart as a junior and sure as hell hasn't done so as a senior.

So even with injuries aside Gooch doing anything more than waste a list spot would be a massive win.
No, I never said that, he had some outstanding games for Eastern Ranges playing a mix of midfield, half back and half forward, IMO his best position is the running half back but I guess he'd have to get ahead of Will Hamill and Lachie Sholl who have both gone past him if team selection is an indicator.

The only word that truly describes both his AFL and SANFL footy is "disappointing" as apart from flashes of brilliance at times he just doesn't get involved enough in all facets of the game for someone with his outstanding athletic profile.

No, I never said that, he had some outstanding games for Eastern Ranges playing a mix of midfield, half back and half forward, IMO his best position is the running half back but I guess he'd have to get ahead of Will Hamill and Lachie Sholl who have both gone past him if team selection is an indicator.

The only word that truly describes both his AFL and SANFL footy is "disappointing" as apart from flashes of brilliance at times he just doesn't get involved enough in all facets of the game for someone with his outstanding athletic profile.
I actually think we need him in midfield. As Laird has shown we really lack that short burst of speed across the first few metres. That's why we need Jones and Galucci so badly in the midfield rotation.

Not sure, hell actually make it there, but that's where I prefer him to be played.

I actually think we need him in midfield. As Laird has shown we really lack that short burst of speed across the first few metres. That's why we need Jones and Galucci so badly in the midfield rotation.

Not sure, hell actually make it there, but that's where I prefer him to be played.
Laird has always been a natural ball hunter that can find the pill in bunches, Gallucci is the direct antithesis of that...never been a great accumulator at any level.

Laird has always been a natural ball hunter that can find the pill in bunches, Gallucci is the direct antithesis of that...never been a great accumulator at any level.
Like I said, I'm not saying I'm confident he can make it there. But I'd rather go for glory with the gooch rather than try for a B choice as my kids say.

He's physical attributes make it very attractive a position for him.

Laird's burst speed across 2m is elite and made a massive difference to our midfield in combination with some of the other types we gave there, who are more one paced. We need more combinations like that.

He's nearly as short a recovery as Roughy, did it in round 18 and returned to AFL round 9 following year. Not sure where the talk of a season and a half comes from. Roughy round 12 and returned round 2. VB the only full season and his was a very different event. Not sure whether having it severed by an external agent impacted his recovery though. It is like a knee in that it gets talked about as a 12 month injury. More like 10, but close enough. But nothing like the 18 months being talked about in here. Unless there's specific information on why Gooch's prognosis is much worse than standard.

Out of curiosity where did 18 months come from?
9-12 months from Saunders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d play him in the Mackay role of wing, HB, occasional midfielder.

Whilst he doesn’t get a heap of the ball he generally uses it with a high efficiency especially in the forward half.

I’d persevere as he was a high choice and we’ve given far more opportunities to players with less talent IMO.

Just my 2 bobs worth. With the fringe players we will delist and the new crop of draftees coming of which we might be adfing 3 or 4 new midfielders i see him falling that far back in the pecking order we should either delist or look to trade him for whatever we can get. I just dont see any real opportunities for him with us unless he is able to virtually reinvent himself somehow

I still don't understand the logic. The players will ultimately agree to a set % reduction of the full TPP. What benefit is there having 2 less on the lists, the $ saving is still the same. And the league is transitioning to a seconds comp, so reducing list numbers seems a bit odd.
Yeah, leave it until you make a much bigger change. Say a list of 35, and the ability to offer short term contracts for 6 months.

We'll be adding three or four mids this off season and maybe two more next year.

I think you try Gallucci as a back pocket. He always makes good decisions with the ball, and if he's more an athlete than footballer it won't matter in the back pocket. Just shut people down.

Went to several SANFL games that he played in. Very underwhelming performances. Hasnt found his place at either level. Seems like a good guy.
I think he's kicked 3 goals in a game before? He's played some decent AFL games, but never anything jaw-dropping. Seems the type of player that needs a long stretch of games to find his feet. Unfortunately, he's never been lucky enough to get a lengthy streak, due to injuries.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back