Toast Will Schofield to Retire at Seasons End - Thankyou Schoey

Remove this Banner Ad

When its Gov, Barrass, Schofield we looked better.

Dont know what Simmos thinking was.

He is a positive player too. Always trying something

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app
I genuinely think we were one defender short. Schoey & Rotham went out for only one defender in Gov. You could even consider Foley one although he didn't do anything against Norf. Despite Shuey & Redden back in, Duggan still spent most of his time in the midfield.

Pretty piss poor effort for him not to be playing, did everything right and would have been a solid contributor.

For all his good qualities, Simpson has a disturbing habit of shitting the bed when it comes to match selections for these types of games.

Disgraceful way to send off a champion. If we were going to play several of those spuds last night we may as well have played Schofield and Jetta.

Unless they’ve done something seriously nefarious behind the scenes I think Simpson has done them both very dirty. Shocking ways to farewell club premiership heroes (assuming Jetta isn’t around next year).

Pretty piss poor effort for him not to be playing, did everything right and would have been a solid contributor.

For all his good qualities, Simpson has a disturbing habit of shitting the bed when it comes to match selections for these types of games.
This.

At worse he gets to say farewell to the fans.

Simpson makes weird calls sometimes.

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Simpson makes weird calls sometimes.

Simmo is very reluctant to drop anyone he considers to be "best 22", even when those players havent been playing well for a long time. The obvious call last night was to play Schoey on De Goey and move Duggan to the midfield, but in his mind "backs are backs and mids are mids" and he wont deviate from that.

Schoey should have been the in for Ainsworth, and his omission almost certainly lost us that final. What a slap in the face for the great man.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back