Opinion Liked, Learnt, Hated - AFL 2020 Finals/Grand Final Edition. Congrats Tigers!

Remove this Banner Ad

LIKED LEARNT HATED - FINALS 2020

27F63A50-5717-4B22-A208-3FA17C3C92C6.gif
Shut up Wendy

Liked - The first week of finals terrific close games, Saints winning their first final in 10 years
Learnt - Tim Kelly must work hard in the off season and repay the faith
Hated - Losing a final by one point, I’d rather lose by 100

Last edited:
Liked: The Brisbane and Collingwood wins as they said in the "Castle" it was the vibe.

Learnt: Having football and horse racing on the same day has commentary bonuses.

Hated: Poor forward delivery and cohesion and conversion, but i have seen it all before sadly.

Liked - 4 great contest, each highlighting different elements of our game
Learnt - Pick your fit 22, rather than your best 22
Hated - I couldn't fly to SA to see my side

Liked: Close matches, no blowouts
Learnt: Port are a lot closer than many believe/think
Hated: Dogs thinking 10 minutes of attacking footy is enough to win a finals match

Liked the Pies win. Very satisfying like a refund ha ha .
Learnt Brisbane may have played their GF this weekend, and Tigers will learn and be ready again, Geelong perhaps feeling the pain too hard now. 16 minute quarters save some and kill others, Dogs were coming for the Saints! Back to normal next year! Paddy Ryder hammy a tragedy!
Hated the fact that the game is still ok, but still the new rules and changes have murdered the contest and added frustration to watching our sport.

Liked : 3 of the 4 games were at the next level, excellent standard, it felt like watching football again.

Learnt: 1)Geelong were the exception of the finals and are not up to finals standard, an ordinary list that gets sorted out very quickly when the pressure is on. 2) IMO Richmond are still the team to beat, they will win against the Saints and then cream Port.

Hated: Knowing my team is not good enough, very disappointing. Collingwood winning.

liked: the standard of games

learnt: some people (probably old) will never be happy, inefficiency in the forward half will kill 2 clubs chances this year, the illegal disposal/htb rules are made even worse by the 'let them play' mentality of finals

hated: my club pissing away a third flag with poor discipline. its arguably cost us the 2 biggest games of the year and in doing so cost the team a chance at greatness.

Liked: Pies winning is obvious enough. But I also liked seeing Brett Ratten back where he belongs, as a senior coach in the finals. The bloke is clearly a very good coach and seems like a quality human being. After what he's been through, I wish him all the success in the world (when not playing us).

Learnt: Every team is beatable this year. I think we knew that already, but West Coast and Richmond just cemented it for me.

Hated: No Sunday footy. It sucks and always will.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Liked
Good quality footy returns.
Eveness of top teams.

Hated
Commentatoes. Generally poor, cliched, and often disastrous, Jobe as the example of why employment should not be based on sympathy. Handed the medal back, now hand the mike back.
Loved - some backpedalling tiger fans who went from brisbane bunny business to umpires in about 15 minutes. Delish.

Liked: Bucks banging the bin after the win and showing a bit of emotion
Hated: the umpiring in the Collingwood-WC game - nearly cost the Pies the game
Learnt: this is the most wide open premiership race I can remember, with 5 teams still in it with a genuine chance to win it

Liked : Good games of footy all round

Learnt : You need to be able to take/stop contested grabs to win

Hated : Nothing really

Liked: The Eagles fans look of "WTF" after the game.
Learnt: Are Geelong just a good H&A team??
Hated: Not backing Collingwood after telling a few mates i thought they'd win.

liked - best opening weekend of finals for some time. all good, close games.

learned - whoever is responsible for social distancing at footy has no idea. half capacity doesn't mean you close off half the seats and pack the rest in like sardines. absolutely ridiculous to be surrounded by screaming strangers, whilst the game announcer is constantly reminding us to keep social distance measures up when queuing for food and toilets and leaving the stadium.

hated - ryder getting injured at the death. real bitter sweet moment seeing him after the siren

Liked: The Lions win over Richmond in front of 20K odd Lions fans. No more sitting in 1/3 full stadiums as we finally put on a show against one of the best sides in the comp at home to consolidate the hype in our emerging team;
Learnt: That we have a home prelim final against the Pies (probably) or Geelong and this will present another opportunity to consolidate the hype in our emerging team after it fizzed dramatically at home against the Pies last year;
Hated: Losing the wonderful banter with Tigers fans as now you can't mention humidity without getting reported

settle down. its not over yet.

if you're good enough u will still win it.
its over. not going to beat port in adelaide. i reckon we would have in brisbane. the sides are even enough that the ground is the deciding factor.

thats assuming we get past stkilda, no given.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back