Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 22, 2008
Mamba Style !!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Lakers
So Saad doesn’t want to play a different role and looks like leaving, wasn’t McKenna annoyed about his role as well, didn’t want to play HB as he wanted to play HF.....was tried there but failed miserably.

Hopefully just the start of this clubs continued implosion....

Eiffel 65

Cancelled
Sep 18, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Gryffindor
So, if Saad does join us, it will make for two out of three targets down -

1. Inside/Outside mid - Williams
2. Run & carry backman - Saad
3. Small forward - Lonie?

Let's say we knock all this off, we'd still possibly have one first this year and our 2021 first, intact.
That would make for a great outcome for the CFC.

Probably your first post in quite a while I've actually agreed with.

See, that wasn't so hard. You didn't need to trade out all our young talent to bring in that group now did you.

Oct 4, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Ok everyone, let's get some perspective. Adam Saad is likely going to request a trade to us, it's not guaranteed he'll end up here.

Although I'm very optimistic and it's a bit of a different situation, I don't think I need to bring up Papley again.

Don't forget which dumba** screwed that for us last time.

He's out of contract though...

Oct 4, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
So was Jack Martin, and I don't think we can price Saad's contract so he falls to pick 8 of the PSD.

Again, if he nominates I'm optimistic, but horse before the cart and all that.

Yeah my point wasn't on us banking on him being available in the PSD if we can't work out a trade. More around the fact that Dodo wouldn't want to risk losing him for nothing...

F_therest

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 3, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
So Saad doesn’t want to play a different role and looks like leaving, wasn’t McKenna annoyed about his role as well, didn’t want to play HB as he wanted to play HF.....was tried there but failed miserably.

Hopefully just the start of this clubs continued implosion....

If true Rutten isn't very smart is he...why would you change the role of a guy who's playing his role so well and so vital to the team?

Oct 4, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
If true Rutten isn't very smart is he...why would you change the role of a guy who's playing his role so well and so vital to the team?

Looks to me like his role changed a bit this year already.

Their attacking game looked a million bucks against weaker sides but didn't hold up very well when they got slaughtered by the Eagles in last year's elimination final.

So I'd hazard a guess and say the powers at be at Bomber land were not too impressed given the investment they'd made to build that list and had given Rutten a directive - make them play more accountable football..

This isn't the vision they sold Saad when they poached him and given he'd already been part of a bottom side I don't blame him for not being too keen to continue his career being part of another one.

I just wish we could pry Merrett out of there too...

Aug 20, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Miami Heat
Guys, can someone please set me straight because I'm going insane.

Did I read somewhere that we're interested in Ben Long or did I dream that?????

Thanks.

Sector 7G

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 21, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
I gave us no chance of getting Oliver, but last night I received a text form a Dees supporter friend who has good contacts (lots on insight into why Hogan and Watts were moved on before it happened) saying he is hearing Oliver to Blues on a massive deal.

Also hearing Oliver cracked it at the B&F after coming 5th.

Interesting trade period ahead.

Aug 21, 2009
The Superego’s Palace
AFL Club
Carlton
I miss Antonio Blue Vein.
79CEB236-69E6-4943-BBE5-91D31C375F02.gif

I’m still here Horsey!

Antonio BlueVein was last seen riding a 6ft surfboard in tandem with Robert De Niro down at Bells Beach.(There's something to work on ABV.)
How did you know I named my pet goat Robert De Niro?!?!

07B9E9B5-C177-44AB-9205-C6FB7CD78AB5.jpeg
49BD1DE7-CFC6-4F17-8112-B19BE646CAC3.jpeg
B35E1259-D954-4168-BEC0-DE6EA5A05A41.jpeg

CARNA BAGGERS!

barass70 and Cripptonite it was nice having you both around. Sorry you are leaving so soon ... unless the Mods can be distracted long enough for you to remove your posts from the no discussion thread. Going to report all ferrisb contributions this season to give you guys a head start.

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back