Opinion Nathan Van Berlo: Midfield Coach

Remove this Banner Ad

If vb had been captain of another club and then midfield coach at West Coast we would all be thinking it's fantastic. May as well give him a chance.

Well that depends on the club. If lets say, he captained West Coast in the past 5-10 years, then yes. Fantastic.

Captained Carlton, Saints, Melbourne, Brisbane (pre-Fagan), Essendon, North or Gold Coast however? That'd probably get the same level of scrutiny and doubt as captaining Adelaide.

Lol, how did you jump to this conclusion...
Because some of their fans are, and the Hawks aren't used to being shite.

The Eagles midfield kept them in the game. Their forwards did hit the scoreboard but the ball flew out if there regularly

Because some of their fans are, and the Hawks aren't used to being sh*te.

The Eagles midfield kept them in the game. Their forwards did hit the scoreboard but the ball flew out if there regularly
How do they know if it was Burns causing the problem or the lack of talent?

I find it incredibly hard to make a call on line Coaches given their roles are often so unclear on what they do

reading their boards
Lol, Burns has been a well respected Senior Assistant of a long time under different coaches... but yeah a few Hawks posters would know better.

So Kelly and Nicks are doing the appointments

What, given their track record, suggests they are just running around hiring ex-crows ?

You can't just exclude it that it might just be because he is an ex Crow, but you just can't disbelieve it's not merit based just because the lying liars are lying again.

The club CLAIMS they are the one making the appointments... and the Crows have never lied to fans before have they?

Also it's not Ricciutio and Chapman have previous form having an inappropriate amount of influence on hiring decisions is it? oh wait....

The club CLAIMS they are the one making the appointments... and the Crows have never lied to fans before have they?

Also it's not Ricciutio and Chapman have previous form having an inappropriate amount of influence on hiring decisions is it? oh wait....
These appear good appointments, that's kinda how we know Chappy isnt involved.

It’s reasonable for supporters to be cynical, this club has definitely earned it

Lately quite a few of the appointments have been non-AFC

At least VB has some outside experience, and also I am partial to him as a character

I figure this is at least better than average SANFL coaches who couldn’t get a job anywhere else in the AFL system.

VB seems the exact sort Roo would have weighed in on IMO

Kelly is the one telling us he and Nicks are making the appointments, Roo has even been quoted as saying Nicks made the sackings.

So is Roo lying and he sacked Godden and appointed Burns? Or sacked Hart and hired Van Berlo?

Who are you calling liars here?

Also, just to avoid confusion, I'm not fully convinced by VB he also does have direct business ties with Roo at the Hackney Hotel so there are questionable ties. That doesn't mean 100% this is a jobs for the boys appointment, but it doesn't dismiss it entirely, just as it could be 100% based on merit

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kelly is the one telling us he and Nicks are making the appointments, Roo has even been quoted as saying Nicks made the sackings.

So is Roo lying and he sacked Godden and appointed Burns? Or sacked Hart and hired Van Berlo?

Who are you calling liars here?

Also, just to avoid confusion, I'm not fully convinced by VB he also does have direct business ties with Roo at the Hackney Hotel so there are questionable ties. That doesn't mean 100% this is a jobs for the boys appointment, but it doesn't dismiss it entirely, just as it could be 100% based on merit

I am saying that our club is corrupted from the top down, we KNOW it for sure about Roo and Chapman and they're the ones who appointed Kelly.

Kelly has done some small good things so far, but not enough for me to put blind faith in him like others here have.

Look VB could end up being good, I hope he is, but the blind faith invested by many here is misplaced IMO.

I am saying that our club is corrupted from the top down, we KNOW it for sure about Roo and Chapman and they're the ones who appointed Kelly.

Kelly has done some small good things so far, but not enough for me to put blind faith in him like others here have.

Look VB could end up being good, I hope he is, but the blind faith invested by many here is misplaced IMO.
It's not blind faith though, it's what we've seen from him as a player and as a coach.

Some of us are actually capable of positive thoughts processes

I haven't seen any blind faith, maybe there is.

I'll leave the Chapman and Roo corruption stuff out of it.

I think Kelly has done a good job and appears to be doing pretty much exactly what we wanted (I will say I rated Godden), he's executed well, hes presented well and he appears to be supporting Nicks well. Proof will be in the pudding I guess.

It's not blind faith though, it's what we've seen from him as a player and as a coach.

Some of us are actually capable of positive thoughts processes
I'm probably easily impressed.

But Kelly has been exceptional this year. Excellent appointment

Better than Burton but just ok , should improve with experience
you're not serious?

Kelly has been a breath of fresh air and a very impressive individual from where I sit. What has he done wrong since he's taken over the reins from Burton?

Sure and if he was Alister Clarkson and had coached multiple premierships as headcoach we'd be thinking he was fantastic too!

see how changing the details changes the outcome?

The club hasn't earned anywhere near enough trust for us to believe this appointment is merit based, so you can't just exclude that he is an ex-crow.
Ridiculous comparison. I'm not talking about qualifications or achievements just where he comes from. I get there are concerns about boys club appointments. My point stands but we'll have to see if it's a good one. You can say the same about burns and rahilly as well

Remove this Banner Ad

Back