NRL NRL 2020 Season - Finals Week 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Only just watched the Knights game. What do you guys think about Edrick Lee being penalised in possession for walking off the mark? I'll say this: if that's 'walking off the mark', literally one pace, then you could penalise half the p-t-b's in the game. Stepping forward two or three paces, and indeed, pushing the marker over (a pet hate of mine) almost always goes unpunished.

What I will say is that the first week of the Finals has served up some superb entertainment.

Only just watched the Knights game. What do you guys think about Edrick Lee being penalised in possession for walking off the mark? I'll say this: if that's 'walking off the mark', literally one pace, then you could penalise half the p-t-b's in the game. Stepping forward two or three paces, and indeed, pushing the marker over (a pet hate of mine) almost always goes unpunished.

What I will say is that the first week of the Finals has served up some superb entertainment.
That was a ridiculous penalty.

i didn't get to see much footy - the Eels-Storm game was the only one i watched and the two takeaways I got from it were that the Storm were red-hot, and people were willing to make excuses for the Eels defence that they didn't deserve. "This is as well as the Eels have played for ages" - rubbish. They were horrible defensively. Storm were on fire, mind you, but the Eels tackled poorly and established bugger all ruck dominance.

Glad in hindsight that I missed the Roosters game. Exactly the sort of performance that would have had me carrying on like a tit. 20 awful minutes of footy cost us based on the replay i watched. I thought we looked good with the ball in hand but like Parra we made some inexcusable errors in defence. Credit where it is due, the panthers hardly dropped a ball all night.

He's gone 2m over the mark. The marker has the right to stand where the play the ball occurs. However I wish there was consistency

So do I, but my point was, there are umpteen examples in every game of players moving forward off the mark that are unpenalised, including pushing markers over. I think in general the side in possession get far too much leeway from officials. Play-the-balls at 45 degrees are commonplace. When did you last see that penalised?

So do I, but my point was, there are umpteen examples in every game of players moving forward off the mark that are unpenalised, including pushing markers over. I think in general the side in possession get far too much leeway from officials. Play-the-balls at 45 degrees are commonplace. When did you last see that penalised?

100% agree on what you are saying. The inconsistency is a huge issue

Remove this Banner Ad

Back