Coronavirus and Football

Remove this Banner Ad

So Liverpool aren't the current favourites for the title? Ha

What's that got to do with what would happen if there was a null and void? They don't just hand out the title to the favourite haha. You've had a mare here.

What's that got to do with what would happen if there was a null and void? They don't just hand out the title to the favourite haha. You've had a mare here.
I reckon he thinks it won't be null and void and we'll win the league again in this corona infested season.

I never said it was going to be null and void? I said Liverpool are favourites for back to back *'s because the way this season is going with cases so prevalent in the UK it'll also have an asterix against it. Even with the 7-2 defeat overnight I would still have them favourites for the title as most bookmakers would

I never said it was going to be null and void? I said Liverpool are favourites for back to back *'s because the way this season is going with cases so prevalent in the UK it'll also have an asterix against it. Even with the 7-2 defeat overnight I would still have them favourites for the title as most bookmakers would
I wouldn't mind someone compiling a list of who had got COVID this season so then at the end we can see who got screwed over the most.

West Ham had Diop, Josh Cullen + Moyes. We've had Mane, Thiago, Tsimikas and Origi.

I wouldn't mind someone compiling a list of who had got COVID this season so then at the end we can see who got screwed over the most.

West Ham had Diop, Josh Cullen + Moyes. We've had Mane, Thiago, Tsimikas and Origi.
Don't know much about Cullen but it looks like West Ham have improved with the other two out

Covid is going to be around for a long time. Players will be getting it whether they play or dont play unless they are extremely strict with their bubbles. International breaks make this difficult obviously.

If it happens you just have to deal with it like a normal injury. Its the same for everyone so any talk of an * is idiotic for obvious reasons.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Covid is going to be around for a long time. Players will be getting it whether they play or dont play unless they are extremely strictwith their bubbles. International breaks make this difficult obviously.

If it happens you just have to deal with it like a normal injury. Its the same for everyone so any talk of an * is idiotic for obvious reasons.
The *'s only will be referenced for the 2-3 seasons impacted by this virus. Life and sport will return to normal soon enough. Until then we keep seeing things like in the Serie A where games are potentially forfeited or seasons going into a halt. Call me too glass half-full but I don't think we live the rest of our lives with this constant stop-start nature or having squads impacted by a virus

The *'s only will be referenced for the 2-3 seasons impacted by this virus. Life and sport will return to normal soon enough. Until then we keep seeing things like in the Serie A where games are potentially forfeited or seasons going into a halt. Call me too glass half-full but I don't think we live the rest of our lives with this constant stop-start nature or having squads impacted by a virus

Its here to stay and its the same for all clubs. Things will only return to normal when immunity builds up to the virus which takes generations, not years.

Looks like every trophy won anywhere has a * next to it for the next generation at least.

You actually think international travel restrictions and lockdowns are here for generations at least. That really is the first time I've heard someone say life won't return to normal at least in the next few years

You actually think international travel restrictions and lockdowns are here for generations at least. That really is the first time I've heard someone say life won't return to normal at least in the next few years

The effects of the virus are going to be around for a generation at least.. Flu broke out in 1918 and killed 50 million people back then. Immunity has built up to it but it still kills today over 100 years later, even with vacinnes due to viral mutation.

Travel restrictions will be eased when it becomes impractical to continue them and virus suppression is no longer effective.

Last edited:
The effects of the virus are going to be around for a generation at least.. Flu broke out in 1918 and killed 50 million people back then. Immunity has built up to it but it still kills today over 100 years later, even with vacinnes due to viral mutation.

Travel restrictions will be eased when ot becomes impractical to continue them and virus suppression is no longer effective.
Swine and the Spanish flu lasted for 2-3 years. SARs even less? Dont think we will be seeing high levels of professional playing squads being impacted for generations, or cities being put into lockdown for more than 1-2 more seasons of sport.

Swine and the Spanish flu lasted for 2-3 years. SARs even less? Dont think we will be seeing high levels of professional playing squads being impacted for generations, or cities being put into lockdown for more than 1-2 more seasons of sport.

Spanish flu is responsible for most of the H1N1 group of viruses which are still around today (and killing people) - even with vaccines. It didn't go away after 2 years, 1/4 of the world got infected which provivded short term herd immunity.

Spanish flu is responsible for most of the H1N1 group of viruses which are still around today (and killing people) - even with vaccines. It didn't go away after 2 years, 1/4 of the world got infected which provivded short term herd immunity.
It didn't stop the world in its tracks for more than a few years. Just like COVID wont. It'll be around for generations. But squads of professional athletes in hubs or contracting the virus and having to self-isolate wont extend beyond the * years of 2020-2022 imo. Or leagues going into a pause for a weeks because of the virus

It didn't stop the world in its tracks for more than a few years. Just like COVID wont. It'll be around for generations. But squads of professional athletes in hubs or contracting the virus and having to self-isolate wont extend beyond the * years of 2020-2022 imo. Or leagues going into a pause for a weeks because of the virus

That will stop because covid normal will accept transmission of the virus being part of everyday life just like every other pandemic in the past. Not because the virus goes away. Its hear to stay.

So * for a long time.

Also going by the same logic a * next to every league title after Spanish flu outbreak and aftee every subsequent H1N1 pandemic.

That will stop because covid normal will accept transmission of the virus being part of everyday life just like every other pandemic in the past. Not because the virus goes away. Its hear to stay.

So * for a long time.

Also going by the same logic a * next to every league title after Spanish flu outbreak and aftee every subsequent H1N1 pandemic.
There's only * next to seasons severely disrupted by the virus. It'll be BAU again in a couple of seasons. Until then it could be 2-3 * seasons

Remove this Banner Ad

Back