Banter 2020 Finals Discussion

estibador

purple haze
Mar 2, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool, Cowboys, Packers, Scorchers
Part of me wants Richmond out asap (the part of me that remembers Richmond fans exist) but at the same time I do enjoy a finals series where the serious heavyweight teams battle it out deep into the draw.

May 2, 2017
QLD
AFL Club
Fremantle
Still want a Vic premier. Brisbane winning is just a massive *. Whatever **** the Tigers or Pies cop for MCG runs over time pale in comparison to the run Brisbane have had this year. Especially when you consider that Vic players haven't been home in 3 months.

Port less favoured and I could probably deal with it but still far from whatever normally happens let alone fair.

Aug 16, 2009
UK
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Dragons FFC, Old Easts
Still want a Vic premier. Brisbane winning is just a massive *. Whatever **** the Tigers or Pies cop for MCG runs over time pale in comparison to the run Brisbane have had this year. Especially when you consider that Vic players haven't been home in 3 months.

Port less favoured and I could probably deal with it but still far from whatever normally happens let alone fair.
Yeah can you imagine the furore if Freo were in it and they got to stay at home for 3-4 months. Would not want to win the first one that way.

May 2, 2017
QLD
AFL Club
Fremantle
I'd cherish it forever but it would be sh*t knowing we had a significant advantage to get it
Would have been happy to get a free ride to a prelim or something as the experience would have been invaluable but actually winning it with the look Brisbane have gotten just wouldn't feel right. Same way I wouldn't feel good if I were a Subi fan in the recent past.

At least for Lions have won before.

Sep 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Agree with Joao somewhat. The 2020 Premiership will always have a * next to it. When everything is settled, we all know in the future, people are always going to talk about how there were less, shortened games. It can't be avoided and the argument holds some weight when comparing it to other flags at least.

So for this reason, I wouldn't actually mind seeing Neale & Brisbane win it, I still like the playing list and Fagan. I think he deserves to be a Premiership Coach to cap off his contribution to the game.

Collingwood too because of Mayne. Don't care about the remainders.

Apr 26, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Wimbledon AFC
Go Brissy then port. Viccos can get over themselves. 1 season of being disadvantaged does not make up for the armchair service they get in a normal year every year.

Mar 18, 2012
Vic
AFL Club
Fremantle
Part of me wants Richmond out asap (the part of me that remembers Richmond fans exist) but at the same time I do enjoy a finals series where the serious heavyweight teams battle it out deep into the draw.

I'd be happy to see them beat the Saints at least, Port v Richmond would be a great prelim.

Geelong v Collingwood will be very interesting. The Pies have a lot of momentum. But usually you see the elim final winner get talked up and the QF loser talked down, and it's the QF loser who gets through most of the time.
The fallout will be amazing if Geelong lose. Even I got sucked into thinking they were better this year, but another finals flop would show the only change is Chris Scott grew a beard.

Sully90

Premiership Player
Dec 24, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Arsenal
My preference order:

1st Port Adelaide - Doesn't seem to be much arrogance about them this year. Play exciting football and have been thereabouts since Hinkley took over. Would be a well deserved premiership.

2nd Collingwood - Just want to see Mayne's big dumb grin as he's holding the cup. Gone up in my books by knocking out WC. The Eddie factor keeps them off top spot.

3rd WB - Always been fun to watch play. Shame they've already been knocked out.

4th Geelong - Don't really care either way about Geelong. Have some players that are good to watch. It's being ages since we've played them in a significant game so the rivalry's pretty much dead from a Freo POV.

5th Brisbane - Actually really like Brisbane, but it would suck to see Neale shaft us and then go on to win a premiership. Robinson's a prick as well.

6th Richmond - Too successful lately. Would be the most boring and predictable result. I wouldn't begrudge them their "dynasty" though.

7th St Kilda - Can't stand this group ever since the Lyon saga. Brad Hill being there just makes it worse.

8th WC - Self explanatory. Went to sleep with a smile on my face last Saturday night.

ImperialPurple

Matthew Pavlich Medallist
May 26, 2003
South Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFFC, Aussie Women's Cricket, HNK
Pies
Port
Stuff the rest. Oh, Bulldogs after Port if they were still in.

Don’t often agree with the dribble that comes out of AAA, but hearing Barrett and Lloyd saying how WC ‘moaning’ came back to bite them made me laugh. Then the comment that their ‘change of tack to try and put a positive spin sounded fake’ also made me giggle.

armpit

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 8, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
I'm going by which coach I couldn't bear to win. Fake Simpson gone. Hinkley is a try hard Ross and I've lost any respect I had for Hardwick. Scott has always made me sick. So Fagan is my man. I'll go for Lachie.

Nov 30, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
If it is by coach then

Buckley
Fagan

Daylight

Ratten = Hinkley = Scott
Hardwick

I reckon it very much has gone to the Richmond football department and players head's now. They think they are awesome.
Don’t forget the supporters. Plenty of FIGJAM Tigers fans on here carrying on like they know all and sundry about every football topic because the team they support has recently begun to football good. Bigger bath water drinkers than West Coast.
I will qualify this by admitting I also know plenty of good Richmond supporters but the vocal minority can be insufferable.

Scham

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2004
AFL Club
Fremantle
Don’t forget the supporters. Plenty of FIGJAM Tigers fans on here carrying on like they know all and sundry about every football topic because the team they support has recently begun to football good. Bigger bath water drinkers than West Coast.
I will qualify this by admitting I also know plenty of good Richmond supporters but the vocal minority can be insufferable.

I can guarantee that the majority of any teams supporters including ours would be the same if we’d been as good as they have over the last 3 years. It’s just natural.

Plus, it pays not to judge anything as a whole based on Bigfooty. It really isn’t real world and is such a minute portion of a supporter base. I very rarely go on any other club boards so don’t get the opinions that other have on here about the Saints, Carlton and Richmond supporters.

Back