Society/Culture Proud Boys

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Melbourne Hawks, NY Rangers
This Proud Boys group doesn't seem that bad, going from the ad on the SBS documentary.

They have some misogynistic views, but most of it looks like regular conservativism, such as you'd find on the Daily Wire.

They even touch on one or two issues that legitimate groups or authors have addressed, such as whether boy behaviour is unfairly penalised in early education.

Not aware of all their exploits but they didn't look like a KKK type group. The leader is certainly unhinged or a showman. I thought he was Jesse Hughes.

Indeed. It's like how One Nation aren't the True Blue Crew, but by jove there's a lot of overlap in personnel.
Or how Lauren Southern is not a neo-Nazi, she just hires The Lads Society for security.

Or how George Christensen isn't a far-right Nationalist, he just speaks at their events and noses around their social media.

Or how Fraser Anning is just a concerned Aussie (on the run in the US from his creditors in Australia), not a far-right white supremacist like the people he hired to run his campaign and write his speeches.

Mar 11, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
6EF9E1EB-3C1D-4106-BDD9-A38655853735.png

Talk about the lamest possible name for a group. Sounds like the name of a shitty boyband or a criminal gang on Home and Away.
well considering they were started as a piss take I'm not suprised

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong
That's why they'll never get respect, Black Lives Matter was a brilliant name for that group.
Blms name has lost it support. A terrible decision. Both candidates are now trying to win over the electorate who are scared of BLM rioting. The definition of a failed movement.

it should of been called "Black Lives Matter Too".

this would of won them over a lot more of suburban whites.

Did you pay attention to the first debate? Or the polls after BLM started?

the aim of political movements is to gain traction with the major political parties. Not have those parties come out claiming they will be the ones to defend the people against your movement.
Oh yeah. They lost the support of the scared bigots.

Like they would have ever supported anything like this, no matter what the name.

Lest this thread about the Proud Boys go the way of every other thread about right-wing loons and become a "whataboutblmandantifa" thread, I think the BLM talk goes here: https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/black-lives-matter.1239779/

Cash is King

Quiet Australian
Sep 8, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
So basically, it’s a group of men with similar hobbies who get together just like motorcycle groups.

I’m sure they have their one percenters but most would be kiddy like regular bikies doing their thing.

I’ve never been bothered by bikies either for what it’s worth.

So basically, it’s a group of men with similar hobbies who get together just like motorcycle groups.
If your hobbies include nationalism and hitting people you don't like.

Cash is King

Quiet Australian
Sep 8, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
If your hobbies include nationalism and hitting people you don't like.

From what I’ve seen, they wait to get hit first before they hit.

Doesn’t matter if the other party is weaker, once you get hit then all bets are off.

Less cowardly then attacking old ladies I must say.

Every country is nationalistic and I see nothing Wrong with that. Ever been to an Asian country?

From what I’ve seen, they wait to get hit first before they hit.

Talk about the lamest possible name for a group. Sounds like the name of a shitty boyband or a criminal gang on Home and Away.
They're literally named after an Aladdin song.

Their name is a reference to a song from the Disney film Aladdin, ‘Proud of your Boy.’

Because when you think of "Alpha Male", you think of Disney.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back