barnrokn

Club Legend
Aug 1, 2017
Straightouttanthmelb
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Melbourne
We were better in 98 than 99 ironically as Bombers would have done us. (99)

98 a coaching and senior player disaster.
They couldn’t even beat Carlton
Reckon Arch woulda been up on murder charges if * done us and it was two Granny’s in a row
aw yeah thanks again D.wallis
9C3E9C81-C23B-46C8-B418-5046C8224809.gif

big_e

Existential crisis management consultant
Apr 28, 2008
Back Pocket
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wycombe Wanderers
Still hate going back to that day. In my time following the club I've seen 3 GFs and plenty of great sides, but 1998 was arguably the best and most balanced side we've had. The only thing that makes it in any way bearable, is the fact we didn't really deserve it in 1999, so we got something back from the footy Gods...
Don't think any club ever deserves a flag. You have to earn them.

ChoppyGun

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 19, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
They couldn’t even beat Carlton
Reckon Arch woulda been up on murder charges if * done us and it was two Granny’s in a row
aw yeah thanks again D.wallisView attachment 979735

* beat us, they finished on top, with a much better % in the season.

I'm not saying we couldn't have beaten them, but again, it's simply wrong when the poster said we killed 99.

We didn't.

For mine * blew 99 like we blew 98. Anyway, all in hindsight mate so all good.

barnrokn

Club Legend
Aug 1, 2017
Straightouttanthmelb
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Melbourne

I'm not saying we couldn't have beaten them, but again, it's simply wrong when the poster said we killed 99.

We didn't.

The cups behind the coffee cart that’s all that matters

ChoppyGun

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 19, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The cups behind the coffee cart that’s all that matters

BTW isn't that Cart gone?

Last year or so the girl asked me if I wanted a coffee about 10 times in 20 minutes as I ventured our facility as I hadn't seen it......unless I'm a chameleon and she didn't know talking to the same person every single time it was kinda frustrating! ha.

barnrokn

Club Legend
Aug 1, 2017
Straightouttanthmelb
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Melbourne
Oh yes I'm with you mate.

Where's the 98 one though? Yeah I know.......(I remember thinking at half time we've blown this, knowing they hadn't fired a shot but had talent to do so)
That’s when I headed to the Arthouse one pub in town where no one even knew there was a game on. Even that lot knew to give me a wide birth that arvo night

ChoppyGun

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 19, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
That’s when I headed to the Arthouse one pub in town where no one even knew there was a game on. Even that lot knew to give me a wide birth that arvo night

Yeah I had a run in with Police that night.

I never do, but I used the Police cars speaker (they were apprehending someone else) to announce Roos blew the Grand Final and I'm not happy (different words) at about 11pm in Salamanca.

Was asked to remove myself from the vehicle and was apprehended.

I did immediately and said I was really sorry and no excuse for my behaviour, and they let me go with a massive caution......top cops, they even laughed when I explained my misery leading to poor judgement!! ha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hojuman

조수미 사랑해요
May 20, 2012
Seoul
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Add me as another who sat through the game at the G and have never watched it since.

Went to the Sunday session at Arden St the next day and was mildly comforted by the fact that the players looked as angry about it as I felt.

They had to be dragged out of the Social Club for us waiting on the oval. Remember someone burning a crows scarf as well.

Apr 3, 2000
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Add me as another who sat through the game at the G and have never watched it since.

Went to the Sunday session at Arden St the next day and was mildly comforted by the fact that the players looked as angry about it as I felt.

me too, and went to Arden Street after the game just to hear that prick playing the Adelaide theme song as he drove up and down Macaulay Rd, and yes never watched it again, I have tried once or twice but never got to the bounce of the ball

SonofSamsquanch

Enjoy decent coffee but don't dunk yer biscuits
Mar 31, 2016
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne

We didn't.

*, it’s a pity they didn’t even make the bloody granny then isn’t it?

ChoppyGun

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 19, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
fu**, it’s a pity they didn’t even make the bloody granny then isn’t it?

As I said I'm not arguing nor upset!

Just saying we had 99 in the bag (as suggested) isn't right. We were second but certainly very formidable to win anyway.

El Triggso

Foremost authority and leading expert
Sep 26, 2013
Club cafe
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Yeah I had a run in with Police that night.

I never do, but I used the Police cars speaker (they were apprehending someone else) to announce Roos blew the Grand Final and I'm not happy (different words) at about 11pm in Salamanca.

Was asked to remove myself from the vehicle and was apprehended.

I did immediately and said I was really sorry and no excuse for my behaviour, and they let me go with a massive caution......top cops, they even laughed when I explained my misery leading to poor judgement!! ha
Can identify with this.

The Constabulary declined to lock me up in the *wee* hours, literally, after suggesting that there were better places to urinate than the Royal Parade tram tracks.

Can recall that I woke up on Sunday at around midday with 60 to 70 remaining “Admit One” tickets in my coat pocket, the prevailing alcohol currency at the Arden St after party.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Can identify with this.

The Constabulary declined to lock me up in the *wee* hours, literally, after suggesting that there were better places to urinate than the Royal Parade tram tracks.

Can recall that I woke up on Sunday at around midday with 60 to 70 remaining “Admit One” tickets in my coat pocket, the prevailing alcohol currency at the Arden St after party.

I should be so lucky.:rolleyes:

The one and only time I ever got pinched for that it was straight back to the station, stripped down to my jocks & singlet and in to the tank.

Pack. Of. campaigners.

El Triggso

Foremost authority and leading expert
Sep 26, 2013
Club cafe
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I should be so lucky.:rolleyes:

The one and only time I ever got pinched for that it was straight back to the station, stripped down to my jocks & singlet and in to the tank.

Pack. Of. campaigners.
They must have seen the game before starting their shift. A fair sympathy vote on the day, I suspect.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back