List Mgmt. Morning, Joe! (was The Daniher (Probably Mega-)thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

The Brisbane Lions are excited that Joe Daniher has nominated our Club as his preferred new home for season 2021 and beyond.

The Club will work its way through the process of Free Agency with the AFL during the Free Agency trade period.

October 30-November 6: AFL Free Agency Period

Given there's at least three weeks of this, probably best to try to contain your Morning Joe all in one thread.

I saw one report by Sam McClure that said one of the triggers for more dollars for Joe would be goals kicked, can't see it personally, too individual an incentive. IMO it would be games played/B&F finish/AA selection.
Maybe goals scored in all our contracts would help :)
you think it be games played with a baseline.. which make sense.
Prob yes normal B&F, AA and Coleman type stuff

Mayhap there is a bit of Josh Schache in Joe's psyche, and this decision. To be a father/son expected to be the saviour is a pressure on top of everyone else - and far more in his case. Just needed longer to come out. There is a plethora of players who thrived away from the expectations. Josh Dunkley for example.

I reckon if he is not a success up here, it won't be for lack of trying.

At least with this covid extended season we don't have to wait long for trade action.
Starts six days after the GF. Free agency starts - 30th Oct to 6th Nov
Supporters of the winning GF team will be just over their hangover by then.
Hopefully that is us.
FA likely to push out a little given the AFL still hasn't finalized salary cap and list structures for next season

Seems like a sensible offer but surprising a few journalists have said this will be enough for band 1. Would've thought it fell just short, though the five years might get it over the line.

I guess the Frawley compo has really thrown it out. Melbourne received band one for Frawley who left on a four-year, $550k contract with Hawthorn.

Motlop received band two for joining Port on a four year, $500k contract.

I imagine using those precedents that a five year, $650k contract should net us band one, which we should (god knows with Dodoro) accept.

Good luck with Joe, your mob will have endless highlights with him in your team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I saw one report by Sam McClure that said one of the triggers for more dollars for Joe would be goals kicked, can't see it personally, too individual an incentive. IMO it would be games played/B&F finish/AA selection.
Agreed - can't imagine an incentive that encouraged selfish play would make sense.

FA likely to push out a little given the AFL still hasn't finalized salary cap and list structures for next season
The article link above in dlanod post lists these dates and others.
This AFL article was dated 9/9/2020 so not so long ago.
You would think they would have known everything will fit into that advised schedule sent to the Clubs
Maybe the AFL have given the Clubs some guidelines on what to expect on list and salary cap, but it just has not been made official yet

Last night, David Noble visited me in a dream. We had a very innocuous conversation about the club and then caught up with Shane Warne. I dismissed it at first, but now it's obviously connected to this...
yeah......nah. we should offer 100k per year and a carton of horizon 50's. has Daniher ever done anything that warrants us paying big dollars for a promising injury prone forward?........yeah, nah

Hello Joe, whatta you know?
We need a goal so here I go.
Ball one (goal!)
Ball two (goal!)
Behind one (Booo!)
Behind two (Kill that umpire!)
A case of yips

He started Brisbanes famous steak
Four flags in a row
He's just a man and not a freak,
Joltin' Joe Daniher
Joe, Joe Daniher
We want you on our side

Second game back this year v Eagles
You would assume by this photo he had already made up his mind about leaving.
7 disposals and 3 behinds that day. Not sure i like the attitude though
He is behind the goal square waiting for a teammate having a shot at goal
McDonald-Tipungwuiti did kick the goal

View attachment 979944

Trust me when I say Essendon is an insanely toxic environment right now. He was well and truly checked out of Essendon for a long time. No way he was going to put in too much effort for a team not making finals and risking injury in the process.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back