2021 Membership Thread

The following is getting rolled out via email - I think it would be smart to have the thread going again to have information in one spot because 2021 will be different to others for many reasons and will probably generate some questions.

Over the course of the next week, you’ll start to receive further information in relation to your 2021 membership.

Earlier this year we committed to providing all our 2020 access members renewing into next season a free upgrade on their product as a small token of our appreciation of your loyalty. Our members are an absolutely critical part of our Club, and your role in helping overcome the challenges in front of us cannot be overstated. The details of the free upgrade will be included in your 2021 renewal notices.

As we look ahead to next season, our focus is to provide members with the best experience possible, and above all else, a safe way to return to the stands. We also want to ensure you’re getting value from your membership product, and be offering benefits we can be confident we can deliver given the ongoing uncertainty around match attendance, especially in Victoria.

With this in mind, when you receive your 2021 renewal information, you will notice that your membership looks a little different to what you’ve been used to.

For the 2021 season only, all existing reserved seat and general admission membership products will be rolled into a single classification of membership, available in three categories and based on your usual vantage point:

• Gold membership – Level 2
  • Silver membership – Level 1
  • Bronze membership – Level 3
While our reserved seat members will be able to secure a seat for any game we play at Marvel Stadium, it will likely be a different reserved seat to the one you have previously occupied.

We understand that for many, this represents a significant change. We know just how many of you enjoy watching the games from your usual reserved seat surrounded by familiar faces.

Given the Club has been advised to expect reduced attendance capacity and social distancing at Marvel Stadium in 2021, we’re not confident we can deliver your traditional reserved seat next season.

And while there’s still so much to play out before Round 1 next year, our preference is to deal with this uncertainty now, and give you more confidence that you’ll get what you’ve signed up for, rather than be in a position where we again need to offer refunds or other compensation.

For reserved seat members, this means a significant year-on-year price reduction to your product to reflect the new approach. Importantly, the allocation of reserved seats from 2020 will remain applicable for 2022, so you will not lose your seat and the connection to those you normally sit near will be re-established.

The other main change you will notice is we have reclassified our full-season membership to a 9-game product including all Marvel Stadium home games.

Ballarat access will now be available as an add-on. We love playing in Ballarat and we encourage all of you to purchase this additional two-game option if you intend to support us there.

While there have been temporary adjustments to reserved seat and general admission memberships, for our Coteries, AFLW, Interstate and Sideline members, your products will remain unchanged.

We know that change can sometimes be a difficult thing and our team is absolutely committed to working with you to ensure you continue to get the most out of your experience as a Bulldogs member.

Further information is available on our website, with the changes to be explained in more detail as part of your renewal notice over the next few weeks.

For those of you on a Committed Bulldog payment plan, we have moved your rollover date from later this month to Monday 30 November. Next week you will receive some further information in relation to your rollover and the options available to you.

For those not on a Committed Bulldog plan, your renewal information will be communicated to you in early November.

The most important thing is that we continue to stick together. We can’t wait to welcome you back for the 2021 season, so we can once again hear your voice in the stands.

random__hero

Norm Smith Medallist
May 25, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Blackhawks, SF Giants, 49ers, Jazz
I’m a GA social club member, will be interesting to see what happens in terms of reduced crowds/social distancing.

Will they allow standing or will everyone have to be seated?

Some of the changes are to be expected, I suppose.

At least it's only for 2021 - at this stage.

Heading for a "Covid Normal" 2021 according to the dickhead this morning. Not going to the footy, seeing friends, wearing masks, home schooling kids and a lot of people not working is pretty Covid Normal in my book. Stay tuned

The 9 game membership is interesting. I enjoyed the replacement games.
To be fair it is hard to offer replacement games when there is a likelihood you may not be able to attend them.

Don't envy anyone trying to plan for 2021

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

May 27, 2002
Torquay
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Bulldogs
To be fair it is hard to offer replacement games when there is a likelihood you may not be able to attend them.

Don't envy anyone trying to plan for 2021

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
I guess that applies to our 9 homes games as well....Without a vaccine we are all likely making a donation next year, if we base our judgement on the way the virus is in the rest of the world.

Glaeken Oracle

Club Legend
Dec 3, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I wonder if you can drop your reserved seat for 2021, but then come back to your usual seat in 2022?

(I like sitting with the intelligentsia in my current seat, not sure I want to mix with all the hoi polloi outside my comfort zone! :D )

I guess that applies to our 9 homes games as well....Without a vaccine we are all likely making a donation next year, if we base our judgement on the way the virus is in the rest of the world.

Vaccine wont make a lick of difference (and im not an anti vaxxer before the pile on starts) This virus is here to stay and we have to learn to live with it. We don't like it but that's how it is

Vaccine wont make a lick of difference (and im not an anti vaxxer before the pile on starts) This virus is here to stay and we have to learn to live with it. We don't like it but that's how it is
Pretty definitive statement to say a vaccine won't make a lick of difference.

Goes against all the science I've been reading on it. I don't think we'd have scientific teams working all across the world trying to find one if weren't going to make any difference.

edit: Sorry thought this was the covid thread. Won't diverge further.

Pretty definitive statement to say a vaccine won't make a lick of difference.

Goes against all the science I've been reading on it. I don't think we'd have scientific teams working all across the world trying to find one if weren't going to make any difference.

edit: Sorry thought this was the covid thread. Won't diverge further.

I am a bit of a conspiracy theorist BEaston (You have to be to support the Dogs!) Happy to discuss in DMs if you can be bothered

Sorry Grassman but as a person in a vulnerable category I was moved to make a slight adjustment to your comment.
"This virus is here to stay and we have to learn to live and die with it".

The City Boyz

Premiership Player
Jul 23, 2016
Albert Park
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
South Melbourne Hellas
All suggestion is that Oxford'll have their vaccine approved in the next few weeks, just depends on how long the rollout takes

Back